Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    What part of the pre-event, do you find surprising? Except how quickly the invasions get old....
    Hence the "as surprising" remark...

Now sure if we all had not datamined or watched spoilers things might have been better...

But seriously: I go to ICC and talk to Tirion in the throne room. He says something like: oooh the pain or I am getting weaker etc...
    The park in Stormwind has a place that is guarded which is obviously meant for someone. I think there is even some NPC having tekst about KING Anduin.

And this is just from the current game.

Now if I hadn't all known this beforehand, would I have been surprised? Would I have been in shock? I very much doubt it. While I like how it played out, it is not emotional enough. Last time I had any emotion through cinematics or a storyline was in WOTLK. (Wrath gate)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    What island is that? I've played TBC and I practically lived in it (every waking minute) but never heard of a mysterious island. It is not Pen Island by chance?
    Isle of Quel'danas or however its spelled.... It took WEEKS of dailies and stuff to unlock it fully.... was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    Isle of Quel'danas or however its spelled.... It took WEEKS of dailies and stuff to unlock it fully.... was great.
    There is nothing mysterious about that quest hub. Besides that the pre event for BC was pretty much a terrible version of this pre-event. Anyone who was there knows it was exciting for a while but it sucked balls objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's difficult to be shocked by something when you effectively read the script before it even happens.

To players who don't stalk the forums and read datamined info/play the beta, Varian, Tirion and Vol'jin's death might very well have come as a surprise.
    Didn't read them on purpose. I thought Varian dying was a rumor. I literally looked at my screen for like 15 seconds after the cinematic was over.
    Like what the hell they just killed Varian and it was epic as hell. Really liked the way he died honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    There is nothing mysterious about that quest hub. Besides that the pre event for BC was pretty much a terrible version of this pre-event. Anyone who was there knows it was exciting for a while but it sucked balls objectively.
    Dunno, I agree with you about the fact it is not mysterious in any way. But it was received very well. Sure "at the end" it was boring as fuck as you would have done those dailies so many times. I could actually (exagerrating ofc) do them while sleeping. But atleast I had fun doing them with my group of people (guildies and friends)

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, I agree with you about the fact it is not mysterious in any way. But it was received very well. Sure "at the end" it was boring as fuck as you would have done those dailies so many times. I could actually (exagerrating ofc) do them while sleeping. But atleast I had fun doing them with my group of people (guildies and friends)
    I think you misunderstand me. The Isle Of Quel'denas wasn't part of the pre-event for BC, it was a daily hub as part of the Sunwell patch at the end of BC. It was great for the time and I enjoyed it the same as everyone else.

The pre-event for BC was the Dark Portal, with a raid boss spawning in some zones occasionally, for ONE week prior to full release. Demons coming through the portal in the blasted lands would die almost instantly and players with aoe would just spam the shit out of the portal to troll everyone. You had one quest to do for a tabard.

My point originally was that the guy has skewed views of how "amazing" things were back then and all it looks like is another chance for him to go on about legacy servers.

I think you misunderstand me. The Isle Of Quel'denas wasn't part of the pre-event for BC, it was a daily hub as part of the Sunwell patch at the end of BC. It was great for the time and I enjoyed it the same as everyone else.

The pre-event for BC was the Dark Portal, with a raid boss spawning in some zones occasionally, for ONE week prior to full release. Demons coming through the portal in the blasted lands would die almost instantly and players with aoe would just spam the shit out of the portal to troll everyone. You had one quest to do for a tabard.

My point originally was that the guy has skewed views of how "amazing" things were back then and all it looks like is another chance for him to go on about legacy servers.
    I would agree that pre-events overal sucked balls. This one (legion) is really special compared.

For someone who doesn't hang out on fan sites all day and doesn't follow all the data mining etc., it's pretty shocking that they would simply kill off major lore characters. Both faction leaders are dead, as well as Tirion, one of the greats in the lore as well as a fan favorit. The choice of the new warchief might not be surprising to the demographic here, but is a highly controversial choice and quite a twist objectivelly. That's a pretty big deal.

It's not "shocking" to someone who visits MMO-C and is in touch with every single little thing that happens in the game, even before the content goes live. The real question here is: what would anyone who goes to this site find "shocking", at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who purposefully ignores/skips all the spoilers, I was suprised by some of the plot developments.
    I might've been shocked if I played alliance but as horde player, I didn't see anything shocking there.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    So is also Fordring gone for good too?
    Yes he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

I never said it was mysterious. I just said that it was great.

I never said it was mysterious. I just said that it was great.
    the other guy said: "It even had it's own island, which was nearly impossible to get to"

Which by way of writing - must be a very mysterious island indeed. It is written as it is something no one really went to as they must not have known about it. It was near impossible to get to!

But in reality this island was just a main quest hub where you could go via teleport or taxi gryphon. Wow... yeah that is really hard to get to.
    So instead of just naming the island by its name... he wrote something vague

10+ Year Old Account
    That was patch v2.4.... The very end of TBC, nowhere near pre-event..

And it wasn't hard to get to; There was a portal in Shattrath and a flightpath from EK..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    That was patch v2.4.... The very end of TBC, nowhere near pre-event..

And it wasn't hard to get to; There was a portal in Shattrath and a flightpath from EK..
    I never said it was hard to get to. Jesus people.. read.

I never said it was hard to get to. Jesus people.. read.
    He like me is talking about the entire thread but reacting to you because you actually said the name, so people know what we are discussing.
    Jesus people... comprehend!

Deleted
    You spoiler yourself with every leaked info and blame Blizzard for unexpected things you already know before they go live?

Get a life, really....if that concerns you...

For someone who trys not to get spoilered everytime three major deaths in on scenario is something really big. But whatever...tis community

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    You spoiler yourself with every leaked info and blame Blizzard for unexpected things you already know before they go live?

Get a life, really....if that concerns you...

For someone who trys not to get spoilered everytime three major deaths in on scenario is something really big. But whatever...tis community
    Oh you did not see this coming?
    You did not see any advertisement about Artifact weapons and saw Ashbringer there? And you did not deduce that Varian would die? Blizzard even sent out cartoons and information about it for you to see on your LAUNCHER. And as such if a king on the alliance side dies, it would only be logical (however in reality, illogical) for the other side to lose something very similar.

Deleted
    You did not see any advertisement about Artifact weapons and saw Ashbringer there? And you did not deduce that Varian would die? Blizzard even sent out cartoons and information about it for you to see on your LAUNCHER. And as such if a king on the alliance side dies, it would only be logical (however in reality, illogical) for the other side to lose something very similar.
    I am spoiled the whole time, too, that was not meant for me

But I know people that are exactly like this. And for those people Blizzard has to do those interviews and marketing strategies. And those people feel this is something extremely shocking.

Though Thrall does not die and we get his weapon

Deleted
    How exactly is seeing the Ashbringer in PC hands leading to Varian’s death? It wouldn’t even mean that Tirion dies, because a) the Ashbringer has been passed on to him without Darion dying and b) Tirion is old, he’s already at least in his 50ies (which might just been too old for him to fight the Legion) so he could as well have retired.

And Varian’s death in no way leads to Vol’jins death. How many active Horde faction leaders have been killed? There’s Garrosh, there’s Cairne and now even Vol’jin. Did the Alliance lose anyone remarkable, too? Maybe Magni, but he wasn’t killed and will be back, so 1 side losing a faction leader didn’t cause the other side to lose one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    How exactly is seeing the Ashbringer in PC hands leading to Varian’s death? It wouldn’t even mean that Tirion dies, because a) the Ashbringer has been passed on to him without Darion dying and b) Tirion is old, he’s already at least in his 50ies (which might just been too old for him to fight the Legion) so he could as well have retired.

And Varian’s death in no way leads to Vol’jins death. How many active Horde faction leaders have been killed? There’s Garrosh, there’s Cairne and now even Vol’jin. Did the Alliance lose anyone remarkable, too? Maybe Magni, but he wasn’t killed and will be back, so 1 side losing a faction leader didn’t cause the other side to lose one, too.
    I never said that the ashbringer was in correlation with Varian's death. I was giving examples as to what you could have deduced from a variety of things.
    Obviously that the Ashbringer was inthere did not mean 100% that Tirion would be killed. Obviously not. But your mind would already calculate that possibility wouldn't it? Wouldn't it then also be possible due to that, that you would not be surprised? God...