Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    I set up my Lv.3 Garrison for my Demon Hunter regardless. I skipped out on the Shipyard because it's completely unnecessary (Vol'mar is accessible without it now); not to mention the bonus that Vol'jin hangs out in my garrison now.

The Stables will always be useful on Draenor; the War Mill less so, but you can still turn in scraps for BoA gold transferring (although they nerfed the gold conversion for the Orgrimmar Grunt Axe by 10g). Trading Post Lv.3 for my own reasons, plus Lv.2 Storage and a Lv.2 Inn to fuel my Extreme Gathering followers to pay for Trading Post purchases. Basically I dropped around 5k gold into it for no real reason other than convenience.
    Considering this, I will probably set up some buildings for my DH as well. Do you just have to go through the Portal in the Blasted Lands, and the WoD starting area and the Garrison setup quests, or is this thing handled differently for a DH?

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than being a completionist. Getting the BoA rings from shipyard and an easy source for mats on several professions, some transmog from the raid missions, portal to Ashran. Other than that there's achievements for them, and some battle pet stuff if you're into that thing. If you just go with the basic one, you still get the free hearth to Draenor (going to be useful for raiding things after it becomes legacy content). Not sure about anything I might be missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Considering this, I will probably set up some buildings for my DH as well. Do you just have to go through the Portal in the Blasted Lands, and the WoD starting area and the Garrison setup quests, or is this thing handled differently for a DH?
    It's pretty much like every other class leveling normally, boosted characters get special treatment.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Id think making 640 is still a good thing in legion for people power boosting.
    Nope, they start with a full 640 set. So unless they want to pay for upgrades as well, there is no point in the crafted gear, except for transmog purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Those people will still need to go back to Garrison in order to make those 30 slot bags. The point I was making is that WOD will be old content in Legion, therefore you should not be forced to do it in order to obtain something like a bag, especially when this issue can be easily resolved by added new 30 slot bags with Legion materials.
    Bags are in a weird spot.

In MoP, for instance, you had your insanely expensive royal silk satchel - Required either a weeks worth of time, or a good amount of time farming the motes of harmony.

You would also sell a shit ton of Frostweave/Embersilk bags, as they were much more readily available.

Hell, just look at realms AH, and you will see that the number 1 seller are still Netherweave bags, from 5 expansions ago.

In Legion, you get 24 slot bags that are pretty easy to make - They are finally replacing the Frostweave/Embersilk "common" bags, and MoP/WoD bags will be the "expensive" ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I probably wouldn't bother, maybe keep mining and herbing, they are still selling at normal prices on my server,

I'm making a level 3 one on my DH just to say I have it, but besides that, wont be doing anything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

In MoP, for instance, you had your insanely expensive royal silk satchel - Required either a weeks worth of time, or a good amount of time farming the motes of harmony.

You would also sell a shit ton of Frostweave/Embersilk bags, as they were much more readily available.

Hell, just look at realms AH, and you will see that the number 1 seller are still Netherweave bags, from 5 expansions ago.

In Legion, you get 24 slot bags that are pretty easy to make - They are finally replacing the Frostweave/Embersilk "common" bags, and MoP/WoD bags will be the "expensive" ones
    Netherweave bags are incredibly cheap because you get the cloth fast and you don't need any special materials (especially compared to the same-sized mooncloth bag - though these are not bound and can be traded to your alts). But since I am swimming in Draenor materials because I used almost all daily CDs on my tailors and lots of work orders (fueled by fur from barn first, then from excess resources and cheap fur in the trading post), I have now hexweave bags exclusively on all my 22 horde characters, even the remaining low level ones who currently serve as bank alts. Let's see how the price of these things will develop in Legion...

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Nope, they start with a full 640 set. So unless they want to pay for upgrades as well, there is no point in the crafted gear, except for transmog purposes.
    oh wrong wording, I meant people who will spend 2-5k gold for some items to level faster 91-102 or so.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    oh wrong wording, I meant people who will spend 2-5k gold for some items to level faster 91-102 or so.
    Yeah, that might be true, some people got too much gold. But doesn't Heirlooms scale to 100?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Yeah, that might be true, some people got too much gold. But doesn't Heirlooms scale to 100?
    People use the 640, especially weapons to level fast with. Heirlooms even scaled to 100 just sucks
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

My only toon that's staying behind for now is a Tailor for Hexweave bags. Otherwise, I'm only coming back to hunt for mounts or run the raids.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    While they weren't balanced to that extreme, they were balanced with the fact you make gold off of them through missions. Your analogy is as close to "cry me a river" as i've ever seen one. They're now a large gold sink for any new characters or players that haven't been using a garrison for the last year and a half. And i'm guessing you've gotten quite a stockpile from it, and now it's tough shit for everyone else right? But you sure as hell 'worked' for it.....amirite?
    No, through all of Draenor I had one level 100 (I hate Alts) and made all my Gold from Herbalism / Mining / Barn / Tanks Que Satchels / Old Raids. I didn't even know about the Inn + Treasure Hunter combo until a year into the expansion, and even then I only used it on the one character. But please continue assuming I don't know I'm talking about and attacking me for having an opinion you don't like.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm still using mine minimally, but that's just for making food/pots/flasks without having to go farm/buy mats (I use garry resources). Stocking up just enough for our raid clear + leveling + a few leftovers for Legion if I'm too lazy to get stuff at 110.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

15+ Year Old Account

royal satchels took 12days to make =(

Tailoring hut to make bags fast.

I can't help but feel like ill be going back to my garrison for no other reason than its what I'm so used to doing...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so, I have seventeen 100s. All of my garrisons have trading posts. That is just how I originally set them up. Every so often I probably can do the following.

Hearth back to garrison. Collect my garrison resource cache and resend out my follower missions. When I reach 10k resources buy either cloth or herbs necessary for cloth CD. Send those to my tailor. This only needs done every 4-5 days.

Each day, I log on tailor for 2 minutes, Do cloth CD created a bag as they become available.

I'll probably make a garrison for my LW (im leveling her in the invasions) to make the Burnished Essence to upgrade the crafted gear--the second legion drops I doubt those are going to be put up for sale cheaply/reliably and I really would like to unlock the dif colors of that set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Biggest benefit - Barn (For fur) and Hexweave (For bags). Hexweave remains the biggest bags going into legion (Except for an insanely expensive 34 slot that is sold by Mad Merchant for 500k), and will likely sell well all expansion.
    There is a 32 Slot bag as well.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG