Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    True. Interesting conference though.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...811-story.html
    gotta say it to you pangean, your avatar amuses me. but i've been thinking, that even with all of the idiocy of il duce, he was smarter than the donald and much more prepared than him. donald trump is an insult to mussolini (yeah, even tho i hate the guy, gotta say it)
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2016-08-12 at 01:40 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    gotta say it to you pangean, your avatar amuses me. but i've been thinking, that even with all of the idiocy of il duce, he was smarter than the donald and much pore prepared than him
    True. At his point my clown image of Trump is probably more reflective.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

7+ Year Old Account
    gotta say it to you pangean, your avatar amuses me. but i've been thinking, that even with all of the idiocy of il duce, he was smarter than the donald and much more prepared than him. donald trump is an insult to mussolini (yeah, even tho i hate the guy, gotta say it)
    The funny thing about Benito was that he started out thinking of Hitler as a buffoon. And he was constantly looking for ways to protect Italy from Germany, because he knew if he wasn't Hitler's ally and he didn't have strong allies of his own, eventually ole Adolf would come chew on Rome.

But UK and France blew him off, and he realized ( as he once said) " I cannot always be the one to go to the Brenner." referring to the Brenner pass between Italy and Austria.

if you have an avatar of the donald as an angry toddler, it would be better

7+ Year Old Account
    if you have an avatar of the donald as an angry toddler, it would be better
    The best I have.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

The best I have.
    you always deliver. you always deliver...

7+ Year Old Account
    The best I have.
    LOL, quality

Jon Stewart's moniker of Fuckface Von Clownstick is the single most appropriate one in the history of mankind.

if it hasn't been posted already - the creators of "Cards against Humanity" have a great promotion going on for the political season, and gloriously they're having no problem with choosing which side they prefer. :P

https://store.cardsagainsthumanity.com/

- - - Updated - - -

In more fun news - Billy West is reciting Donald Dump quotes in his memorable voice of Zapp Brannigan from Futurama!

https://twitter.com/TheBillyWest/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Wall Street Journal: Trump’s Contribution to Sound MoneyThe source of trade anxiety is a broken global monetary system that distorts price signals with sharp currency moves.

The surest way to become alienated from Donald Trump supporters is to invoke the word “global” with regard to trade or economic interests. Even if you embrace the Trump economic agenda for enhancing U.S. competitiveness by lowering taxes and easing regulation, even if you support an “America First” approach for tackling domestic shortcomings from education to infrastructure - there is still a negative stigma attached to proposing any kind of global economic initiative.

Yet by insisting that the U.S. Treasury label China a “currency manipulator” and by promoting trade that is both free and “fair,” Mr. Trump may be laying the groundwork for a significant breakthrough in international monetary relations - one that could ultimately validate the rationale for an open global marketplace and restore genuine free trade as a vital component of economic growth.

The notion that something good might come out of a Trump policy elicits guffaws in certain economic circles. And questioning whether today’s exchange-rate regime serves the cause of beneficial cross-border commerce is tantamount to advocating protectionism. Nevertheless, Mr. Trump’s emphasis on currency manipulation brings into focus the shortcomings of our present international monetary system—volatility, persistent imbalances, currency mismatches—which testify to its dysfunction. Indeed, today’s hodgepodge of exchange-rate mechanisms is routinely described as a “non-system.” Or, as former International Monetary Fund chief Jacques de Larosière termed it at a Vienna conference in February 2014, an “anti-system.”

If monetary scholars once diligently sought to explain the relative virtues of fixed-versus-flexible exchange rates on global economic performance, they have largely abdicated any responsibility for the escalating political backlash against trade that blames currency manipulation for lost business.

No serious economist would claim today that the “dirty float” intervention tactics practiced by numerous countries would be remotely acceptable within the freely flexible exchange-rate system envisaged by Nobel Laureate Milton Friedman. Nor would anyone suggest that any coherent mechanism exists comparable with the fixed-rate system anchored by a gold-convertible dollar that reigned in the decades following World War II.

Nobel Laureate Robert Mundell has consistently argued for the restoration of a system of formally maintained exchange rates to reduce uncertainty and promote growth. Yet the lack of willingness among the great majority of economists to recognize the imperative for global monetary reform to avoid a breakdown in global trade relations has left policy makers in the lurch. Faced with mounting demands to address currency manipulation through “strong and enforceable provisions”—i.e., tariffs—those who support free trade are being forced to consider the broader implications of a sluggish world economy that has become overly reliant on central banks.

Is it more egregious when governments deliberately intervene in foreign-exchange markets to manipulate currencies to gain an export advantage—or when central banks seek to accomplish the same thing through monetary policy?

The point is that today’s free-for-all approach to international monetary relations permits nations to pursue any exchange-rate policy they wish. Relative currency values are thus vulnerable not only to the manipulative tactics of government authorities, but also to the speculative maneuvering of foreign-exchange traders—the most active of which, in a market that averages $4.9 trillion in daily volume, are the world’s largest banks.

No wonder so many workers employed by U.S. companies that manufacture products requiring substantial capital investment—automobiles and tractors, computer and electronic equipment—have become disenchanted with the supposed long-term benefits of free trade. It is one thing to lose sales to a foreign competitor whose product delivers the best quality for the money; it’s another to lose sales as a consequence of an unforeseen exchange-rate slide that distorts the comparative prices of competing goods.

To brand trade skeptics as sore losers is to malign them unfairly. To resent being victimized by currency movements is not the same as being opposed to free trade, nor does it signal an eagerness to engage in protectionist retaliation. It’s simply an honest response to incongruity: We need to reconcile global monetary arrangements with global trade aspirations.

As former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker has observed:

“Trade flows are affected more by ten minutes of movement in the currency markets than by ten years of (even successful) negotiations.”

Mr. Trump’s forceful rhetoric may help put an end to the politically correct attitude so prevalent among economists that breezily dismisses what was once accepted as a truism: Stable exchange rates foster long-term prosperity by maximizing the productive use of economic resources and financial capital. Why continue to passively accept the negative economic consequences of global monetary disorder? Why permit legitimately earned profits from business operations and investments in foreign countries to be wiped out by unpredictable currency losses? Why hold global economic growth prospects hostage to antiquated exchange-rate arrangements?

It’s time to end the intellectual vacuum and focus on serious initiatives for global monetary reform. The goal is to maximize prosperity by harnessing the power of free-market signals across borders. Monetary clarity is the key to reconciling the principles of free trade with the promised benefits of an open global marketplace.

By focusing on currency manipulation as an unfair trade practice, Mr. Trump has not only identified the crux of the economic dilemma, he has also spotlighted the social and political tensions its consequences have fostered.[/COLOR]

Mod note - repeatedly changing your font just to stick out more to people is specifically discouraged in the mmo-champion forum guidelines
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2016-08-12 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    Even after all that was said and done in the last weeks, which was somehow even worse than the months before, I still wouldnt rule out Trump as the next president.
    Even when the political elite, on both sides, spit on him he might still hold the "love" from the common people, especially the middle-class workers.

This presidential race isnt about who is more qualified, it's about who will have the stronger connection with the people.
    People arent as interested in actual facts, only in the way they are presented and how it makes them feel. This is where Trump is stronger than Clinton.

Remember when he said he could shoot someone and still not lose any votes? I fear that's actually closer to the truth than we might like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    That's actually how I do basic math in my head. What's 12 * 15? Ok I have a 120 + 12*5. Ok, I have a 120 + 50 + 5*2. Ok, I have 180.

I do similar things with more advanced math, but that's more about dropping constants to simplify then remembering how to bring them back.

It wasn't taught to me. Just how my mind works.
    Yes that is common core in a nutshell. It's basically a system of how to attain an approximate by working it out in your head. Which is good when you are an adult doing basic stuff. It is definitely horrendous however to have it as a mathematical bench mark in academic teaching in which you are down graded for doing an equation properly. That said a lot of what I have read from common core besides that picture has made me believe that is is mostly wrong as well when you approximate it in your head. For example with that pic I made, if you were to add up a reasonable answer in your head using common sense you would consider the 354 as 350 because adding by 50's is just as easy as adding by 100's. You of course would round up the 291 and you would have a much better approximate answer than this common core method. Your approximate answer would come to 650 where the correct answer is 645. Far better to learn that approach than the solution this problem is graded with on the test. Not that approximates should ever be anything than a lesson in maths, not the standard to teaching AND grading it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway this is the Trump megathread and considering how many dank memes there are of Trump there is so little here, just whining from progressive cucks who just turned 20.

Lets have some MAGA girlssssss

AND ALSO SOME MAGA BROS

I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Anyway this is the Trump megathread and considering how many dank memes there are of Trump there is so little here, just whining from progressive cucks who just turned 20.
    I suspect anyone who uses the word "cuck" is not far from age 20 themselves.

Deleted
    just whining from progressive cucks who just turned 20.
    Yeah, because nothing screams maturity more than posting tits and a black guy voting for Trump as if that proves anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Don't forget "BROOOO".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    lol I wish, in reality Im 34 and married with a kid. Though I was like 23 when I started coming to mmo-c.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Apparently he's 34 but posts like an angry /pol/ teenager
    yeah but to be fair I have been on 4chan since it began. Much like this site. And somethingawful and fark. Fuck getting old sucks.

Also OT:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Yeah, because nothing screams maturity more than posting tits and a black guy voting for Trump as if that proves anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget "BROOOO".
    Your post is retarded and you should feel retarded for posting that. Also I am aussie, it is normal to say bro and mate.
    Last edited by Bushtuckrman; 2016-08-12 at 10:42 AM.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

lol I wish, in reality Im 34 and married with a kid. Though I was like 23 when I started coming to mmo-c.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah but to be fair I have been on 4chan since it began. Much like this site. And somethingawful and fark. Fuck getting old sucks.

Also OT:

- - - Updated - - -

Your post is retarded and you should feel retarded for posting that. Also I am aussie, it is normal to say bro and mate.
    Have fun with your time off.

In other news, Trump as all for trying American citizens in military tribunal courts.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...e95144337.html

10+ Year Old Account
    You've got to be shitting me... Trump is trying to walk back his "founder of ISIS" remarks as sarcasm??????????? After doubling down and tripling down on the comments? Is this election real?

I've come to the conclusion that Donald Trump knows exactly what he's doing. This is quite literally his strategy. I just haven't figured out if he's doing this to purposefully lose the election, or if he really thinks it will help him win.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    In other news, Trump as all for trying American citizens in military tribunal courts.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...e95144337.html
    Well he is the chaos candidate and will be the revenge president, of course he wants to be able to sidestep citizen rights, how else can he punish the media for 'spreading lies about him' even though there are libel laws out there already? Don't talk mean about Trump or you might find yourself on a terrorist watch list and strapped to a chair while they hook up jumper cables. The Megan Kelley's of the world better learn their place if Trump gets in office cause that guy doesn't believe in letting shit slide.