Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Broken Shore was pretty good. The Legion Invasion in terrible. Its requires zero participation, /afk in event = done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    It's not even done yet, but this one is probably the best one.

I mean we get invasions, DHs, events in the capital cities (dreadlord event and the doomsayers) and in the coming weeks we are going to get quests/scenarios leading up to the launch of the game.
    That's far more than we've had before and it's all great fun. As good as the Wrath event was, sometimes it's good to forget about past stuff to enjoy what we have now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniinchen View Post
    The Broken Shore was pretty good. The Legion Invasion in terrible. Its requires zero participation, /afk in event = done.
    To be fair...things die very quickly. :P

I wouldn't say best. but it is the most well planned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Everyone saying it's great.
    Fucking seriously?

A single questline followed by a dumb even that only serves to annoy and insta kill players at random? And we get what... shitty blue gear?

Have all the Wrath players left? Does no one remember the Zombie Event? Are those all distant memories?
    Kinda funny how you would call out of WotLK players, given what kind of reputation they have.
    What exactly did those events have, that the legion one doesn't?

- Zombie(Ghoul) Shenanigans - You get Dreadlord shenanigans now
    - Ziggurats with undead defending them spawning - You get full zones with demons now

The only difference i see is that the blue gear this time doesn't come in a set with minor bonuses and doesn't look like judgement armor.
    Outside of that we also get a story-driven quest-line, which isn't over yet.

Deleted
    It is the best i have played. Missed the wotlk/tbc one but out of the rest this is the best one.

Fucking seriously?

A single questline followed by a dumb even that only serves to annoy and insta kill players at random? And we get what... shitty blue gear?
    It's not as exciting as the TBC event with Kazzak wreaking cities or the memorable zombie invasion, but we got to admit what we have now is better than anything that came after.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    I thought the WotLK pre launch event was more fun.
    I don't understand why the WoTLK event is always so over-hyped with nostalgia.

1. Necropoli showed up in high level zones. You killed mobs around them for drops.
    2. Infected grain showed up in Org/Stormwind. People got infected and turned into zombies and kinds of chaos happened. This only lasted 4 days.
    3. Frostwyrms and other scourge started attacking Org/Stormwind a week before launch.

Now look at what we have so far with the Legion event:

1. Legion ships are showing up. We kill them for drops. (Same idea as Scourge Invasion. Added phasing/shard tech so people can do it at their leisure rather then having to miss out on getting items because they didn't log in when the attacks are taking place. Level scaled so low level players can take part as well. Occurs in more zones then the Scourge Invasion did.)
    2. Dark Whispers. (Same idea again. You hear whispers, you mess with other players, you transform into a dreadlord and can own people for 1 min).

Now take into consideration that they stated multiple times that this is just the beginning and the event will be ramping up. Legion invasions will occur more often. I imagine Dark Whispers are going to ramp up and we'll see more chaos in Org/Stormwind. Now we haven't had a full on invasion of Org/Stormwind yet like we did with the Scourge Invasion but do you really think they'd only copy the first two parts and not have a full blown invasion of the capital cities? I definitely think we'll see this happen in the coming week or two.

Deleted
    It's allright.

Way better than the last 2 events for sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    It's pretty much the same, only zombies are cooler than demons. The haunted memento was pretty much an undercover toy before toys existed. You could get more people involved infecting people as zombies, rather than the very few you can convert as a demon.

It had gear, a cooler batling, and the ARCANITE RIPPER. No xmog from the demon invasion will ever come close to that.

The kids saying they were too lazy to go to the wotlk events on time is the worst argument for legion's event being better and only applies to other lazy children. Oh and same with the "durr at least legion vent is optional". Literally the worst argument i've ever heard.
    So it's nostalgia along with crotchety-old-man syndrome.

I've been there for all pre-expansion events, and WoLK is definitely the other one that stands out aside from Legion - but I also remember the flood of complaints it got because of how hard it was to avoid. Yeah, it was great at the time for people who took advantage of it - but with that level of QQ, it could never happen again.

That's only for the in-city event though, content wise it was far worse. Arcanite Ripper, cool as it is, is not cool enough to weigh up against the Legion invasions, pets, gear, etc.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2016-08-12 at 10:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaniinchen View Post
    Then maybe get down your high horse (or dragon) and aid?

Seriously, people that just hover over the invasions being AFK and then complain its boring are not very bright. If you don't participate then OF COURSE they become boring.
    If you just want to leech then don't complain lol.

10+ Year Old Account

Fucking seriously?

Have all the Wrath players left? Does no one remember the Zombie Event? Are those all distant memories?
    I been playing since vanilla but to be honest as nostalgic as the zombie invasion was, thats all there really was, there was hardly much to the pre-WotLK event, the legion pre-expansion event has like 50x more and while not MORE fun than the pre-WotLK event was, I say it's equally fun, it's sure if the most fun I have had in a pre-expansion since WotLK

All that and Blizzard are stil throwing in MORE in the coming weeks. I think its super awesome in that retrospect. And to me makes it probably the best pre-expansion patch.

I still think the pre-TBC event was better (that's probably down to nostalgia) but I think this event is a good second place, we'll see how kind time will be for me to say if it will be THE best But I think we can all agree its better than the WoD, MoP and Cata pre-expansion events.
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-08-12 at 11:09 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Never thought I'd see the day when Wrath players would be considered old veterans. Also, "a dumb event that only serves to annoy and insta kill players at random?" sounds a lot like the zombie event, an event that didn't even give you shitty blue gear.

Personally don't think the zombie event was that great, it was fun for a while but lasted way too long and grew incredibly tiresome, I much prefer doing the invasions as they actually get you out into the world again.
    If you didn't get out in the world and if you didn't get gear in de WotLK pre-event you clearly did it wrong. There was an exclusive pre-event set you could farm by killing scourge in different locations all over Azeroth.

Edit: That's exactly the same as the invasions offer, except it was without phasing and without being able to get gear by doing nothing at all (aside from hovering over the invasion area).
    Last edited by mmocb1848b600a; 2016-08-12 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I think overall I preferred Wrath but this is a close second. I played a Priest back then and usually stuck with a small group of friends. We'd go around Stormwind curing infections and killing zombies
    Wrath event was great, yes! So far, Legion comes as a close second for me. For some obscure reasons, I only remember the WoD pre-event, so this would be third. I would not have forgotten a good experience. :3

Did the scenario once, Completed 3 invasions and bought the pet then spent an hour killing people in Org as a dreadlord.
    I am finished with this event unless they add more content other than faster invasions.

First night of the Wrath event was the best thing while it was bugged, swapping weapons put your zombie back to full health so you could tank an entire city worth of guards as long as you didn't stop swapping only thing that killed you was getting too close the purifiers.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2016-08-12 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    its decent! a step in the right direction !

the best pre expansion event in this games history. This is like a mini AQ gate event, but more polished and improved. Sick event

7+ Year Old Account
    As far as PvE stuff to do, this prepatch has been amazing. Much better than any other.

The chaos and complete transformation of cities into plague contaminated PvP situations made the Wrath prepatch absolutely unforgettable, though. Legion prepatch still doesn't come close to Wrath as far as the pure joy of seeing the whole game world fall into chaos as cities were continuously assaulted by player controlled zombie hordes.

I know Legion is still going to be ramping up over the next couple weeks, but I have serious doubts that they will ever do something as bold as was done with WotLK.

Deleted
    Another frecking Jaytroll thread?

Well whatever.

So far for me, Wrath is a bit better than this one. Mainly because we were able to actually ally as ghouls with the horde much more easily as well and didn't need to go through so much hassle to infect an entire city.(I'm an alliance player)

Right now, it's really fun, don't get me wrong, I really love it, haven't had this much fun and the ability to rape the AH since ages . But it was, so far, even more fun in Wrath pre-expansion event with the ghoul armies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nostalgia is powerful here.

This event beats the fuck out of WotLK. Unless you're into broken mechanics and poor planning.

This event has more content, more rewards, better planning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Invasions are just a Guild Wars 2-style clusterfuck. You always know exactly where they will happen, they always have the exact same enemies (bosses are pulled from a pool) and layout, and you know exactly what you'll get in terms of loot. Worst part about it is nothing is required out of anyone. There is no failure state, and the only benefit to participating is some extra shards.