Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Good players can "pump DPS" and not stand in the fire (aka ignoring encounter mechanics).

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    I made a post kind of ranting about the whole.. "whats better".. sorry.. but wanted to comment on this thread.

Just play what u like, in the end, if you enjoy it, (good or bad) you will hopefully be better at the mechanics and encounter, which in my book is better than trying to squirt out more DPS.. i have seen to many ppl pumping dps, but ignoring the encounter (getting others killed in the process).. but hay, they pulled uber dps. been raiding in wow since back in the MC 40 man days.. so i have seen alot of raids.. they all have 1 common thing.. if u fail to handle the encounter , u lose. no matter how uber the MM hunter is over the BM. i was in a raid just the other night, 2 mm hunters pumping out unreal dps. 2 bm hunters.. doing ok, but not standing in stuff.. running the debuffs to the outside of the room etc.. in the end, 2 bm hunters 1 tank and 1 healer left to finish off the boss. now the MM still beat the BM hunters, but personally i would have kicked the MM guys.

folks dont need to be so focused on DPS. i mean , you want to improve, but if your not handling the encounter.. u might as well be healing the boss.

this discussion BM vs MM

My take:

MM can pump out the DPS, but its AF feels like a big crap tird that was thrown together at the last min. its very lack luster. . im mean really a speed buff to run toward the mob.. it needs to be looked out..

BM seems to me it feels like a master of beasts, and the AF feels like it fits much more than MM..

SV (left for another discussion).

in a raid, I would rather have a avg/poor BM player that cares less about pumping DPS and more about doing the encounter correctly.. hands down 100%

i know plenty of really good MM, they can both pump out dps and know the encounter.. thats great.. i still feel MM has alot of clunkenyness about its rotation, as BM is actually to simple.. but then again, that boreing simpleness maybe helps the poor player be avg becasue they focus more on encounters and less on button mashing.. and the avg player be great..

Sorry about my rudeness but your arguments about the justificacion from choosing BM over MM are very bad, you can raid with BM if you want but dont create excuses for not want it to raid as MM or have ppl with that spec, every RL with a little of common sense wanna have ppl that can output the max dps, the mechanics from a encounter can be learned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    Sorry about my rudeness but your arguments about the justificacion from choosing BM over MM are very bad, you can raid with BM if you want but dont create excuses for not want it to raid as MM or have ppl with that spec, every RL with a little of common sense wanna have ppl that can output the max dps, the mechanics from a encounter can be learned.
    I disagree,. the RL i know would rather have someone that knows the Mechanics.. sure they can be learned, but if a raid leader is so focused on Max dps that they fail to see the most important part of the fight, they are not much of a raid leader. Common sense is not maxing dps, thats something each dps should work toward for their spec. RL needs to be focused on encounter. so your argument that my justification is very bad falls short based on your comment. if you feel im creating an excuse, well thats your right to make that judgement, but i disagree.

I disagree,. the RL i know would rather have someone that knows the Mechanics.. sure they can be learned, but if a raid leader is so focused on Max dps that they fail to see the most important part of the fight, they are not much of a raid leader. Common sense is not maxing dps, thats something each dps should work toward for their spec. RL needs to be focused on encounter. so your argument that my justification is very bad falls short based on your comment. if you feel im creating an excuse, well thats your right to make that judgement, but i disagree.
    At a high enough raid level, you can play a more stationary spec and do more damage and not stand in bad. I had to do H-Ragnaros in Firelands as MM (instead of SV) for "reasons" and that involved a cast time AiS while dodging World In Flames. I did fine, and did better than I did with SV in that raid (we had "too much" AoE for seeds, which is where SV really shone on that fight).

That's literally what arcane mages have been min-maxing for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    snip
    This is a completely asinine argument. When you're considering what's better, you look at the specs from a completely objective point of view and consider all external factors as controls.

The better spec is the one which performs better in X scenario, not which spec makes the player feels all warm and fuzzy inside and inspires him to play better. Good players want to know which spec performs better, and will play it to the benefit of their guild and their raid's progress.

Shitty players let the spec's enjoyment dictate their quality of play. Theorycrafting and optimization threads are not for shitty players. Selfish players can play whatever they want, but this is not the thread for them or for this type of entirely subjective argument and hyperbolic scenario.

This may work for clearing content at the end of a tiers, but for raid leaders working on progression before nerfs, we cannot just allow people to play any spec just because they understand the mechanics. We have actual dps checks we have to hit. For this particular argument (BM vs MM in Legion), this does not appear to be such a distinction. You can effectively play both for many encounters. In HFC progression, if someone would have thrown a fit in the middle of raid because they wanted to play SV instead of MM, they would not be involved in progression because regardless of whether or not they are able to move out of mechanics, playing SV was a waste of a dps spot to hit dps checks.

And any raid leader who would tell you differently is either 1) full of crap or 2) not actually raid leading a guild that is progressing before nerfs to an instance.

Oh, oh, I can play this game!

I feel like BM is best because ... reasons.

Anyway, thanks to those few 'round here who actually offer objective (and objectively verifiable) information.

Was hoping to get a decent answer out of this thread but all I read was insentient bickering, well done.

At this point in WoW by the time endgame rolls around all specs will be fairly close with one slightly higher. Just learn the spec you want to play and your numbers will be better then the person who chooses to play what others tell them are "the best".