Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Karazhan game art

So im playing blizzard games since Warcraft 1 and i played pretty much all of them (Warcraft, Diablo, WoW, HS..) when it comes to the Warcraft universe. I have also read all the books, like the trilogy with Medivh. The books are all very exciting (even wehn often quit same) and more or less dark/dramatic. I mean what else....its a bout war, invasion, losses, deaths and so on...

Thats why im wondering why blizzard games are more and more like a co-operation with Walt Disney. It was already the same with WoW. It changed from Vanilla & TBC to some panda cartoon crap. And now im really disappointed with the art of Karazhan. From WoW and the books i had a total other idea of Karazhan and the characters. Now that i played the first wing i feel more like if i would play Snow White and the seven dwarfs in a low budget tablet version.

Why they do this

Hearthstone is a spin-off and has no effect on Warcraft story or setting. It shouldn't be taken seriously. That being said, if you actually gave a shit about the old Warcraft setting as you've been playing since Warcraft 1 then the "some panda cartoon crap" wouldn't have been such a problem for you seeing as how a Pandaren literally helped the Horde take Durotar in Warcraft 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone art is not representitive of Warcraft. It's intended to be a comical game.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Hearthstone is a spin-off and has no effect on Warcraft story or setting. It shouldn't be taken seriously. That being said, if you actually gave a shit about the old Warcraft setting as you've been playing since Warcraft 1 then the "some panda cartoon crap" wouldn't have been such a problem for you seeing as how a Pandaren literally helped the Horde take Durotar in Warcraft 3.
    There was a brewmaster so what, they still could have done it more fitting to the WoW universe and not in an Ice Age style.

Blizzard have always been comical? I'm confused how you've only just realized this.

Deleted
    For one thing, I don't see why every game Blizzard makes has to follow the same pattern. The same way actors can break type casting. Secondly, Hearthstone is meant to be a comic relief, to not be taken seriously. Honestly, I find it refreshing and I like the fact that they have taken this route. Like Jaraxxus's karaoke, it's fun and hilarious.

I see nothing wrong with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    There was a brewmaster so what, they still could have done it more fitting to the WoW universe and not in an Ice Age style.
    The only "comical" part of the expansion was pandaren - who as mentioned were already established. Everything else was evil forces and badasses like the mogu.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Maybe Blizz knows there's been enough of the "dark" card games, and they know that something comical will appeal to more people.

15+ Year Old Account
    to some panda cartoon crap(
    I thought you played all the RTS games. So you have no clue that the Pandaren have been in WoW lore since about a decade before Kung Fu Panda came out?

I smell a liar.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I smell a liar.
    When you say so

This Karazhan shit smells so gay that I just want to puke.

So im playing blizzard games since Warcraft 1 and i played pretty much all of them (Warcraft, Diablo, WoW, HS..) when it comes to the Warcraft universe. I have also read all the books, like the trilogy with Medivh. The books are all very exciting (even wehn often quit same) and more or less dark/dramatic. I mean what else....its a bout war, invasion, losses, deaths and so on...

Thats why im wondering why blizzard games are more and more like a co-operation with Walt Disney. It was already the same with WoW. It changed from Vanilla & TBC to some panda cartoon crap. And now im really disappointed with the art of Karazhan. From WoW and the books i had a total other idea of Karazhan and the characters. Now that i played the first wing i feel more like if i would play Snow White and the seven dwarfs in a low budget tablet version.

Why they do this
    Copy & paste stereotypical 'New WoW sucks!' arguments, just now being applied to HS. How droll.

Hearthstone is a game in Azeroth that everyday random citizens played most likely in towns and cities. The players of this game in Azeroth typically aren't the same types of people who are actually and intensely involved in the front lines of war to places like the Northrend campaign, assaults on the Black Temple and Orgrimmar, defense of Wyrmrest, or outposts in Pandaria or alternate Draenor. As a result they are more likely to just see a lot of these mythological sounding threats, monsters, and villians as children stories or over/under exaggerated sources of evil. Blizzard painting the game as a more comic relief oriented game strikes accurately at how the game would be received in the context of WoW.

Outside of Azeroth in the real world HS was meant to be a much more casual centered game when compared to their other titles, which would imply that more inclusion of silliness would be okay.

As for the remark about "panda cartoon crap" I am always confused about why players take so much offense about pandas being so ridiculous and silly to include in the game when A) they were present in the end of the Warcraft RTS officially, and B) WoW already has SCORES of ridiculous fantasy and sci fi stuff in it that could be dismissed just as easily, if not more, than anthropomorphic pandas. Anthropomorphic cow people, really? Warriors fighting with melee weapons in the same world that has the technology for airships, guns, spaceships (esp. the recent Legion ones), or even far ranged magic? Pfft. Gnomes and Dwarves being as physically strong as larger built races? As if! I love WoW, but I could go on an on about all of the other things that when you apply real world logic to this type of fantasy/sci fi game it really starts making the objection of talking pandas fall apart. Nothing about the game or the genre as a whole is serious when you don't suspend disbelief.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-08-12 at 10:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Hearthstone art is not representitive of Warcraft. It's intended to be a comical game.
    This isn't representative of Warcraft?

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/hea...228fd640ef1df7

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/hea...ed5abb87d2ab6f

You are just trying to handwave criticism away with blatantly false statements. Yes HS has always been goofy. But the goofy things were boss dialouges and flavor texts.

In Kharazhan you have two encounters fighting silverware and a magic mirror. The cutlery and the Khara-khazam card being obviously inspired by Beauty and the beast from disney. While the magic mirror is obviously from snow white. Furthermore Kharazhan is already an established place, with its own raid. It never had animated cutlery or a magic mirror to fight. With Loe atleast Blizzard created something new. Kharazhan was a fan favorite raid. Why shouldn't people be upset when you are fighting silverware instead of an actual boss? Especially since previous adventures were made as wow raids. Not a silly (stupid) event. Why would Medivh invite everyone to a party even? It's just retarded.

The card art of some cards also doesn't match the warcraft style. For example the fork card or khara-khazam. Medivh art looks like he is the protagonist from a Disney movie instead of the Warcraft Medivh. Bookwyrm, babbling book, wicked witchdoctor also look very un-warcraftish. And no it wasn't always like that, and the visual design is one of the things which made Warcraft great to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    This isn't representative of Warcraft?

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/hea...228fd640ef1df7

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/hea...ed5abb87d2ab6f

You are just trying to handwave criticism away with blatantly false statements. Yes HS has always been goofy. But the goofy things were boss dialouges and flavor texts.

In Kharazhan you have two encounters fighting silverware and a magic mirror. The cutlery and the Khara-khazam card being obviously inspired by Beauty and the beast from disney. While the magic mirror is obviously from snow white. Furthermore Kharazhan is already an established place, with its own raid. It never had animated cutlery or a magic mirror to fight. With Loe atleast Blizzard created something new. Kharazhan was a fan favorite raid. Why shouldn't people be upset when you are fighting silverware instead of an actual boss? Especially since previous adventures were made as wow raids. Not a silly (stupid) event. Why would Medivh invite everyone to a party even? It's just retarded.

The card art of some cards also doesn't match the warcraft style. For example the fork card or khara-khazam. Medivh art looks like he is the protagonist from a Disney movie instead of the Warcraft Medivh. Bookwyrm, babbling book, wicked witchdoctor also look very un-warcraftish. And no it wasn't always like that, and the visual design is one of the things which made Warcraft great to begin with.
    Ye it wasn't featured in the TBC version of raid.

But does that mean it can't exist there? It's an enchanted tower housing a powerful wizard ffs. Animated silverware is the LEAST I can expect in a place like this.

HS isn't canon. Things like Ragnaros the Lightlord (a GOOD Ragnaros?!) prove this.

Deleted
    You say that as if ''an enchanted tower with a powerful wizard'' explains anything. It doesn't. Let's add a Shrek inspired card? Or batman? The point is this isn't Kharazhan, and the art isn't warcraft. It doesn't matter if HS is canon or not.

The point is this isn't Kharazhan, and the art isn't warcraft. It doesn't matter if HS is canon or not.
    Well the ones who created these things say it is so unfortunately for you it is both Karazhan AND Warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Well the ones who created these things say it is so unfortunately for you it is both Karazhan AND Warcraft.
    http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/ava...0528938739.png

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Uh, you do know that Blizzard has been throwing in pop culture references in their games since forever, right? A "Shrek Inspired Card" wouldn't be shocking at all.
    There is a difference between naming someone Harrison Jones or in creating this: http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/ava...0135216631.png

It doesn't even look like anything that ever existed in warcraft.

Deleted
    There is a difference between naming someone Harrison Jones or in creating this: http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/ava...0135216631.png

It doesn't even look like anything that ever existed in warcraft.
    Right... 'cause a talking book is so NOT warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Right... 'cause a talking book is so NOT warcraft.
    Do you not see the difference in art style? It looks like it came from a Disney/Pixar movie. Not like it came from Warcraft. Of course, Blizzard can do whatever they like with their games but some people might not like this.

Do you not see the difference in art style? It looks like it came from a Disney/Pixar movie. Not like it came from Warcraft. Of course, Blizzard can do whatever they like with their games but some people might not like this.
    There ya go.

It's a picture in a childs card game man.