Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I never said that the ashbringer was in correlation with Varian's death. I was giving examples as to what you could have deduced from a variety of things.
    Obviously that the Ashbringer was inthere did not mean 100% that Tirion would be killed. Obviously not. But your mind would already calculate that possibility wouldn't it? Wouldn't it then also be possible due to that, that you would not be surprised? God...
    I could imagine the possibility of Scarlett Johannson emailing me and requesting that I ravage her six ways from Sunday, doesn't mean I wouldn't be surprised if it happened!

I frequent this site most everyday but I managed to avoid most of the spoilers and was shocked by the events of the Broken Shore. I imagine anyone who just completely ignores WoW websites etc could be blown away.

*this just in* The majority of WoW players don't read spoilers on MMO-Champion. If you're posting here, nothing about this game is likely ever going to shock you. Those comments are for the vast majority of players who aren't overly involved in WoW outside of just enjoying the game and seeing the odd Blizzard trailer here and there.

Where the deaths what they were talking about? Maybe, maybe not. They have plans to ram up the invasions as we get closer to launch. Considering they've claimed they have 'hidden' things from even datamining in the pre-patch content, I wouldn't be surprised if they have an additional part to the event that wasn't tested on the beta (ie tossing a few massive world bosses into the capitals or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they have an additional part to the event that wasn't tested on the beta (ie tossing a few massive world bosses into the capitals or something.
    Obviously what you say is true (the deleted part) but people that respond are on these sites and do read mmo champion, yet are "shocked/surprised". Obviously when I post something onhere I don't expect a reaction from people that are not on this site.

about the quoted part: you still give blizzard that much credit for having things extra in mind for us?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I never said that the ashbringer was in correlation with Varian's death. I was giving examples as to what you could have deduced from a variety of things.
    Obviously that the Ashbringer was inthere did not mean 100% that Tirion would be killed. Obviously not. But your mind would already calculate that possibility wouldn't it? Wouldn't it then also be possible due to that, that you would not be surprised? God...
    Without beta or any spoilers how would you possibly be able to deduce Varian dying there at the scenario?

Facts that we knew: Varian was there at the Broken Shore. We further knew that his swords were no artifact weapons. We knew Varian died at some point (according to the comic, which is not right after the scenario, because Anduin has his swords, which he currently doesn’t). That being said: A lot of people haven’t read the comic, to begin with.

Of course it’s one possibility, however there are plenty more, none for certain:
    - Varian dies at some point in Legion to unknown reasons.
    - Varian was killed by the Horde (at BS or later on).
    - Varian was heavily wounded (like Anduin after being crushed by the Divine Bell).

- Varian was abducted by the Legion to:
    - Put pressure on the Alliance.
    - To use him and manipulate the Alliance.
    - To blame the Horde.

So, you didn’t know that he was actually dying until you saw the cinematic, because you couldn’t exclude the other possibilities. Heck even at his funeral, from in character no one knows if Varian died, because they didn’t see him dying, because they were leaving and too far away to see it clearly.

And of course, if you had that possibility and considered it the most plausible you wouldn’t be surprised. However plenty of people didn’t, because they didn’t seek out forums and alike. Just look at the trade chat. People were posting after they did the scenario that the king has fallen, and plenty of people replied “No way!” “WHAT?!” “You must be trolling!” and so on.
    They were shocked, they didn’t see that coming. Also the way Varian died was very emotional even to those who eventually knew he would die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    I never said it was hard to get to. Jesus people.. read.
    Not you, but Vineiri did..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Without beta or any spoilers how would you possibly be able to deduce Varian dying there at the scenario?

Facts that we knew: Varian was there at the Broken Shore. We further knew that his swords were no artifact weapons. We knew Varian died at some point (according to the comic, which is not right after the scenario, because Anduin has his swords, which he currently doesn’t). That being said: A lot of people haven’t read the comic, to begin with.

Of course it’s one possibility, however there are plenty more, none for certain:
    - Varian dies at some point in Legion to unknown reasons.
    - Varian was killed by the Horde (at BS or later on).
    - Varian was heavily wounded (like Anduin after being crushed by the Divine Bell).

- Varian was abducted by the Legion to:
    - Put pressure on the Alliance.
    - To use him and manipulate the Alliance.
    - To blame the Horde.

So, you didn’t know that he was actually dying until you saw the cinematic, because you couldn’t exclude the other possibilities. Heck even at his funeral, from in character no one knows if Varian died, because they didn’t see him dying, because they were leaving and too far away to see it clearly.

And of course, if you had that possibility and considered it the most plausible you wouldn’t be surprised. However plenty of people didn’t, because they didn’t seek out forums and alike. Just look at the trade chat. People were posting after they did the scenario that the king has fallen, and plenty of people replied “No way!” “WHAT?!” “You must be trolling!” and so on.
    They were shocked, they didn’t see that coming. Also the way Varian died was very emotional even to those who eventually knew he would die.
    All I have to say is that if you didn't even consider him dying (both Tirion and Varian) you must be either stupid or don't spend nearly as much time on lore/the story that you generally don't care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    *this just in* The majority of WoW players don't read spoilers on MMO-Champion. If you're posting here, nothing about this game is likely ever going to shock you. Those comments are for the vast majority of players who aren't overly involved in WoW outside of just enjoying the game and seeing the odd Blizzard trailer here and there.

Where the deaths what they were talking about? Maybe, maybe not. They have plans to ram up the invasions as we get closer to launch. Considering they've claimed they have 'hidden' things from even datamining in the pre-patch content, I wouldn't be surprised if they have an additional part to the event that wasn't tested on the beta (ie tossing a few massive world bosses into the capitals or something.
    Imagine the shock if Legion destroys all capital cities and we would only have our Garrisons in Draenor and Ashran to go to... XD

These 10 Legion Events wil shock you!
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Blizzard is slightly disconnected, what they think is brand new and exciting, we've already done in other games 3 years ago.
    Not the fanbois... they only play WoW so are easily entertained and have never seen actual "new and exciting" content.

It was Fordring's death scream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Good hype to drum everything up .. but in the end a return to Legacy would catch my fancy more.

As for events, nothing beats the TBC expansion. It even had it's own island, which was nearly impossible to get to, yet possible via combo spells / abilities .. stuff that made you think .. Otherwise, TBC was a social event. Legion excursions are solo.. horray. Whoopie!
    Back to your thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 the last week or day before the expansion launches a massive boss attacks cities or something. Maybe even important lore characters?

they killed off some faction leaders that were mostly irrelevant or useless with some corny dialogue.

most shocking thing was how much they overused "you are not prepared" already.