Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DH not eligible for mount loot from world bosses. save your coins

FYI

I got confirmation from QA in blizzard that currently demon hunters are not eligible for loot from any world bosses for chance of mount. If you look the item drop on the dungeon journal, the mount is not listed as a drop for them. they are aware of this issue, and will most likely be fixed in the upcoming fixes. You can get PVE gear not bound to a specific class but no gold loot or mount. save your coin rolls for them until fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    I think the OP is talking about the 24 hours legacy raid CD.
    Last edited by Gaucho-; 2016-08-12 at 12:04 PM.

It's clearly wrong.

I did Nalak, Oondasta and Galleon yesterday on my DH, didn't get a single piece of loot from either, not even gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    It's clearly wrong.

I did Nalak, Oondasta and Galleon yesterday on my DH, didn't get a single piece of loot from either, not even gold.
    oh ok, you not getting the mount (which is low % drop rate) on your first try obviously means its wrong. it makes sense that you didnt get any gear however if it is set to only drop certain items for certain specs/classes

oh ok, you not getting the mount (which is low % drop rate) on your first try obviously means its wrong. it makes sense that you didnt get any gear however if it is set to only drop certain items for certain specs/classes
    No need to be an ass about it. No ones complaining about not getting the mount first try...

If he is literally getting nothing (no boxes, no gold, etc) then its clearly bugged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    No need to be an ass about it. No ones complaining about not getting the mount first try...

If he is literally getting nothing (no boxes, no gold, etc) then its clearly bugged.
    if the boss is not set to droup gear for DH's but the mount is just a global drop, its not bugged, then its a case of the guy i quoted jumping to conclusions

I already got 4/5 mounts from the world bosses. The fact that no gear or even the gold bag dropped on any of my demon hunter tries on all the world bosses means that they are not getting loot. There is even forums posted about this and even QA knows about it and they plan to fix it. The fact that sha and nalak awards gear bound to class except the mount, it would only take a loot chance or a roll chance to get the mount. they will counter this with gear pvp to bound to a class.

- - - Updated - - -

on the replies to this link show other users saying the same thing. no loot drops, no even gold.

- - - Updated - - -

here is another link to this issue and replied by a blizzard representative on the matter.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748354790

Well, they also said for half a year the mount drop from Sha is working, yet no one ever got one. Then one day, a hotfix was applied, and suddenly it started dropping.
    So I wouldn't bet too much money on that, especially if he says "it should".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amakusa007 View Post
    that one says may not, but no need to argue as it was all iwanted, to have an actual source saying it might not drop rather than just a random mmo-c poster

if the boss is not set to droup gear for DH's but the mount is just a global drop, its not bugged, then its a case of the guy i quoted jumping to conclusions
    There is a 100% chance of getting a satchel of gold if you don't get anything else.

You won't get that on a Demon Hunter. You won't get anything. Nada. Nilch. Zip.

Stop the hostility, I know what i'm saying.

People should know by now to not trust when a Blizz poster says that something should work *without verifying*.
    They've made that mistake quite a few times already by presuming that something works when it actually doesn't.

I did nalak/galleon/sha on 5 of my DHs got some gold on bonus rolls and 1 ring i think? from time to time on sha it complained im not eligible (i think that was on my ally DHs) and i didnt got any of that normal world boss loot (bags with gold).

edit: lets hope that when they "properly" fix this, they will "bug" it in a way for DH to have 100% drop chance on mounts... getting sick of doing this sha/galleon/nalak and rukhmar 42 times/week.
    Last edited by SoLoR1; 2016-08-12 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A dev already said that you are able to loot. If it is not happening it's a bug that they have to fix. That's it.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

I'm able to coin Galleon, Sha and Nalak. If you look at the dungeon journal you'll notice that DH's aren't eligible for the gold box so it's difficult to make a concise answer. I used my coin for each boss (I have Galleon's mount but testing reasons) and received gold every time (All 1400 times across my accounts.)
    Last edited by Sayerel; 2016-08-12 at 09:51 PM.

I was the one that tweeted to Muffinus initially. I had noticed the lack of loot from world bosses (at least MoP ones) during beta testing and I wasn't sure if this would be fixed when they went live. Even though Muffinus said that they "should" get loot, that doesn't mean that they would. I figured more people would report it if that were they case with the DH release. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

it seems to be fixed now. loot table now showing gear and mount for demon hunters. funny on sha and nalak it only shows mounts for both specs... so I guess if you win a roll you're guarantee a mount drop, need someone to test.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not able to loot world bosses withing the first 24 hours (or do legacy raids) to prevent people from creating DH > Killing world bosses/Legacy raids > and transferring gold and/or getting account bound mounts > Deleting DH > repeating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    You're not able to loot world bosses withing the first 24 hours (or do legacy raids) to prevent people from creating DH > Killing world bosses/Legacy raids > and transferring gold and/or getting account bound mounts > Deleting DH > repeating.
    I understand that but there are already reports of people getting mounts from legacy raids. for instance there is a demon hunter who got the ragnaros mount recently on the mount post listed here.