Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    Well, you get my point. Fury and Demo were on higher like few days ago. Balance shouldn't be topping the damage currently, there are better classes currently. Currently... it means pre-patch. It really doesn't even matter how classes/specs work currently, only Legion things matter.
    None of the data supports your claim. Especially not the data you yourself provided. Quite the opposite, we're in a pretty comfortable position. You don't have a point.

Anything above the 80th percentile is perfectly fine, only the extremely overtuned clear 90th.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    None of the data supports your claim. Especially not the data you yourself provided. Quite the opposite, we're in a pretty comfortable position. You don't have a point.

Anything above the 80th percentile is perfectly fine, only the extremely overtuned clear 90th.
    Okey, Balance druid is currently top 1 dps, if you don't top the damage you are bad balance druid. There you go, thats what you wanted me to say? Thats not true, but there it is.

Overall Mythic HFC in pre-patch, these specs are doing better than balance druid;

-Fire Mage
    -Shadow Priest
    -Sub Rogue
    -Ele Shaman
    -UHDK
    -Assa Rogue
    -Feral
    -MM Hunter

There are currently 12 different DPS classes, 6 of them does overall better damage in Mythic HFC than Balance.
    But as it is, this data doesn't support the argument that there are better specs than balance druid.

Didn't I say "Balance shouldn't be topping the damage currently, there are better classes currently" - I think thats pretty accurate argument. Sorry for bad English.
    Last edited by mmoca5f6b06df9; 2016-08-12 at 03:11 PM.

there is no single guildleader who would let any class play the worst spec.
    Is this entire thread just going to be people quoting you asking 'what the hell are you talking about'

Didn't I say "Balance shouldn't be topping the damage currently, there are better classes currently" - I think thats pretty accurate argument. Sorry for bad English.
    No. You said Balance is among the worst specs.
    On simulation dps balance has been about average for whole WoD. Currently on Mythic HFC Statistics Balance druid is nearly worst, only WW monk and Retri Paladin do overall worse damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No. You said Balance is among the worst specs.
    When I said Balance druid is nearly the worst, at that time in HFC statistics only WW monk and Retri were worse, so I felt like being worse dps than 8 of 11 classes being better than balance is like balance was nearly the worst. Now Balance statistics look much better, warriors and locks are behind us already. You quoted me saying that balances shouldn't be topping the damage currently and claimed I said balances are worst, so I got confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Is this entire thread just going to be people quoting you asking 'what the hell are you talking about'
    No, I am sorry if I am hard to understand, it's because of my bad English. I just ment that if BM will do 100k dps and MM will do 200k, will your guildleader let you play BM on progress boss?

When I said Balance druid is nearly the worst, at that time in HFC statistics only WW monk and Retri were worse, so I felt like being worse dps than 8 of 11 classes being better than balance is like balance was nearly the worst. Now Balance statistics look much better, warriors and locks are behind us already. You quoted me saying that balances shouldn't be topping the damage currently and claimed I said balances are worst, so I got confused.
    I don't buy it that just two days ago (ie after the reset day raids that are currently the vast majority of mythic raids) the statistics were that much different (especially since I routinely look at them and they weren't).

75th percentile:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount

Above hunters, warriors, paladins, monks, on par with warlocks and above enhancement shaman (you can't say "but elemental is better" because one is melee and the other ranged and they are not interchangeable).

90th percentile:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...unt&dataset=90

Same (and improved even) picture. And then you also have to factor in the padding that specs like Fire, Ele and perhaps Unholy inevitably (by design) do in contrast with our performance in priority targets and which makes pretty obvious we're in the strong spectrum of specs.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-08-13 at 01:03 PM.

Fastest goal posts this side of the Twisting Nether.

Just how good does Boomie feel with the artifact?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I don't buy it that just two days ago (ie after the reset day raids that are currently the vast majority of mythic raids) the statistics were that much different (especially since I routinely look at them and they weren't).

75th percentile:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount

Above hunters, warriors, paladins, monks, on par with warlocks and above enhancement shaman (you can't say "but elemental is better" because one is melee and the other ranged and they are not interchangeable).

90th percentile:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...unt&dataset=90

Same (and improved even) picture. And then you also have to factor in the padding that specs like Fire, Ele and perhaps Unholy inevitably (by design) do in contrast with our performance in priority targets and which makes pretty obvious we're in the strong spectrum of specs.
    Well, last time (yesterday) I checked that 75th percentile, hunters were above Balance, Demo was worse than Balance etc. Statistics change. All I am trying to say is that there are better classes/specs than balance druid for pre-patch mythic hfc.

Well, last time (yesterday) I checked that 75th percentile, hunters were above Balance, Demo was worse than Balance etc. Statistics change. All I am trying to say is that there are better classes/specs than balance druid for pre-patch mythic hfc.
    No, all you were trying to say is that balance sucks in the pre-patch (your post is there for everyone to see) and now you're just moving goalposts. Balance, while not the strongest spec, has been pretty strong throughout the pre-patch (which, admittedly, I didn't expect, given the major impact the artifact has on our spec).

On simulation dps balance has been about average for whole WoD. Currently on Mythic HFC Statistics Balance druid is nearly worst, only WW monk and Retri Paladin do overall worse damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Balance will be viable, like any other spec aswell. Maybe not in World First guilds, maybe it will, but overall it will work just fine. For mythic+ dungeons it's below average, so if you don't have guild group you'll have hard times to find pug that invites balance druid (experienced this in beta).
    Oh shut up! On every class forum i see the same answer.
    People dont know what they're bubbling about. Stop misleading people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjarl Grimblood View Post
    Oh shut up! On every class forum i see the same answer.
    People dont know what they're bubbling about. Stop misleading people.
    You played Balance on beta? You tried how balance ramp up works in mythic+? If you did, then you know balance will not be fotm for mythic+. Sorry for telling the truth. Balance will definitely be good enough for normal playing, but world record mythic+ it might not be. How many balance druids you saw on fastest WoD CM runs? W/E I don't care anymore about balance, moving to mage because guild has too few mages and we have like 50% of our core on leather users.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    I have been maining a balance druid for 2 years now, and have been thinking about switching class - but I dont want to! I love the new boomie, but I am afraid that it wont be viable! Have any hardcore druids any numbers they can base an honest opinion on ?
    What's the deal with people making those posts and not saying what content they focus on?

People are debating stuff without knowing what is OP concerned about: mythic raids? mythic+ dungeons? pvp? How hardcore progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    General rule of thumb: If you have to ask that question the answer is that your class if perfectly fine for the content you are doing.
    Kinda, from raiding standpoint most of apps are declined or players benched not because they picked the wrong class but because they fail at the one they picked. People can rank grey logs in every class, especially fotm class that has a lot of ongoing competition. That will keep them out of decent guilds.

Since guilds cannot fill every ranged dps spot with mages (and probably don't want to due to loot distribution, that would force them into using PL to gear all the mages), other range dps classes will always have a place. Even ele shamans or whatever is the typical underdog of ranged (yea I know in 7.0 ele shaman isn't bad, but was before).