Meh, today i really missed the "avoid this player" feature because i got matched with guys i don't want to play with even if i put the in my block list. Even if i left the match before the setup time, in a couple of minutes i was put back in the same game with the same guys.... Sigh, all day i see the same people playing and i really dislike them.

Other than that... i'm training a new sens and i'm not doing that great but i really need to turn around faster. :S
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Deleted
    The only nerf Genji deserves would be a reduction of the ultimateduration. If you know what your doing you can wait out supportultis and still get 1 or 2 kills. What I would prefer is simply that Dfensive heroes would be buffed. Also if you nerf his range, then his Animationhitbox needs to be fixed, sometimes slashes are just not registered.
    Let's say defensive heroes were strong. Now Mei would freeze Genji if he came Close, Torbs turret would warn him coming to flank (similar to Symmetra) and extra Armor helps, too. Junkrats traps could potentially stop him.

If I could do what I want:

Discordnerf to 30%: "Yeah let's nerf Mercys Dmgboost, but keep Discord as is (exept it's faster now)" WTF?!, Would also indirectly buff Mercy since the rezzed people don't blow up as fast

Speedboost nerf: either duration or you loose your aura for a duration after amping up, this ability is a big part in the pick-1-then-rush-in-meta and I'd argue Lucio would even be picked if he couldn't heal at all due to Speedboost

Symmetra removed: shes the crippled child of Torb and Zarya anyways, Her Left- and Rightklick feel a lot like Zarya (they basically serve the same function), shields are maintenance and worse than Zaryas, turrets are kinda useless, the only thing she has going is her Teleporter and that's bad if spawn is close
    If she has to stay AT LEAST let the goddamn teleporter apply shields automatically.

Give Torb the Teleporter for 150-200 scrap. It would give more scrapuses and gives an alternative use (armor) when your spawn is close to the enemy. Allow Torb to place 1 or 2 additional Level 1 Turrets but allow only one to be above level 1. You can use them as wards and you aren't fucked if someone kills your turret, since you could upgrade another one, leading the first to immediately downgrade when you hammer another turret.
    Allowing Torb to pick up his turret and strap it to his back could work, too. He still has only 200 HP, maybe let the turret only shot targets torb hits.

Symmetras shields go to Mei. Either Icicle your own people in the head, so you can still shoot enemies or have her cover you with a protective icelayer with her M1, since it's shit if your opponent has a brain.
    What could also work for Mei is that her M1 freezes squishies faster. Genji and Tracer are the only ones that want to be somewhat close and Reaper has more HP. Being able to look through her wall would be great too. On lower levels you see if you fuck a teammate over and on higher levels you don't lose important vision on enemies.

Bastion would get indirectly better, since he is now be more tanky due to armor, shields, Meiwall and other Turrets shooting which is kinda what a Reinhardt-Mercy lineup does. Yes Genji and shooting at him from behind a shield would still work but it would take longer. Otherwise I'm fine with him being a Nichepick.

In regards to Hanzo I'm kinda clueless what to do. I would like it if Scatterarrow was more consistent and less bullshitty. Other than that maybe a Pincushionbonus. If you hit the same target multiple times you deal more and more dmg. I kinda want to keep the dropoff but if it has to be then remove it or increase his projectilespeed.

PS: In general a Ultimatenerf across the board might be an option since that what fighting basically comes down to.
    Last edited by mmocdfca36c20d; 2016-08-10 at 11:33 PM.

Maybe I'll get ostracized for this, but instead of buffing/nerfing people all around and one better/worse for all times, they could just buff/need based on characters. Make Mei a decent counter to Tracer/Genji by allowing her to freeze those 2 slightly faster than other characters instead of just being able to dance around her relentlessly. Give snipers a slightly higher damage amount to shields for Reinhardt/Winston or maybe able to go thru a defense matrix from DVa. Give Sym a slight damage boost against DVa and even Genji. Give Pharah a little bit better defense to McCree.
    They don't have to be huge changes, but just enough to cause some people to be not so scared/scared of their picks and they same characters. Get Pharah fearing 76/WM again instead of everyone that can shoot. Give an incentive for Mei to be in the meta by not allowing flankers to just run behind the enemy lines full time carefree. Let Sym have a frontline presence or some survivability from a DVa charging her at 1/2 health in her mech and roasting her. Let WM shoot into Rein's shield and be just as helpful melting it as the team. I understand that these characters are meant to counter some others, and specifically that's what a DVa is best at (hounding the back line), just give the back line something to fight back with.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Maybe I'll get ostracized for this, but instead of buffing/nerfing people all around and one better/worse for all times, they could just buff/need based on characters. Make Mei a decent counter to Tracer/Genji by allowing her to freeze those 2 slightly faster than other characters instead of just being able to dance around her relentlessly. Give snipers a slightly higher damage amount to shields for Reinhardt/Winston or maybe able to go thru a defense matrix from DVa. Give Sym a slight damage boost against DVa and even Genji. Give Pharah a little bit better defense to McCree.
    They don't have to be huge changes, but just enough to cause some people to be not so scared/scared of their picks and they same characters. Get Pharah fearing 76/WM again instead of everyone that can shoot. Give an incentive for Mei to be in the meta by not allowing flankers to just run behind the enemy lines full time carefree. Let Sym have a frontline presence or some survivability from a DVa charging her at 1/2 health in her mech and roasting her. Let WM shoot into Rein's shield and be just as helpful melting it as the team. I understand that these characters are meant to counter some others, and specifically that's what a DVa is best at (hounding the back line), just give the back line something to fight back with.

We had a topic about this, it's a bad way of designing games when you don't know how strong you are when fighting a different character.

Being consistent is a good thing you know, Blizzard in WoW has stepped away from most random forms of combat over the years because it's messed up form design when your relative strength changes all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    We had a topic about this, it's a bad way of designing games when you don't know how strong you are when fighting a different character.

Being consistent is a good thing you know, Blizzard in WoW has stepped away from most random forms of combat over the years because it's messed up form design when your relative strength changes all the time.
    It's especially important in a game like Overwatch, that they want to be competitive and fast paced. In WoW it isn't as big of a deal I feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It's especially important in a game like Overwatch, that they want to be competitive and fast paced. In WoW it isn't as big of a deal I feel like.
    in WoW their is only armor anyway.

Having counters based on play style of a hero (example Reaper is anti tank, Tracer is a fast moving target strong against slow targets) is fine because it's simple and straight to the point.

BUt if your going to buff somebody specifically when they attack specific targets you just end up creating a convoluted mess.

Mei will never be a counter to Tracer because of the range Tracer works best at. Anyone playing her and getting frozen is doing it wrong.
    She already freezes Genji pretty quickly if he's used blade dash to move in close. Unless he secured a kill to reset it, it's pretty damn hard to get out of a freeze.
    Why should snipers be as effective at taking down shields? Shields are the counter to sniper fire you shouldn't then be able to bring it down easily as one.
    Nothing but hook as it stands now should go through defense matrix. It's mad to think you want WM to be able to snipe through it when D.Va is meant to be good at killing snipers.
    Pharah's big issue isn't McCree it's discord orb. Bringing Zen into play was a good thing. With him and now Ana there's a lot more variety for supports.
    If you're talking about the meta in high end play flank type heroes almost never actually flank. That's pub games, but then all heroes can excel in pub games even now including Pharah.
    Back at D.Va, why should people be more effective at killing her when she dives in considering that's kind of the point of her in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Back at D.Va, why should people be more effective at killing her when she dives in considering that's kind of the point of her in the first place.
    And the fact that she was so squishy when she dived in once DM was on cooldown, was precisely the problem that changing DM was intended to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Mei will never be a counter to Tracer because of the range Tracer works best at. Anyone playing her and getting frozen is doing it wrong.
    She already freezes Genji pretty quickly if he's used blade dash to move in close. Unless he secured a kill to reset it, it's pretty damn hard to get out of a freeze.
    Why should snipers be as effective at taking down shields? Shields are the counter to sniper fire you shouldn't then be able to bring it down easily as one.
    Nothing but hook as it stands now should go through defense matrix. It's mad to think you want WM to be able to snipe through it when D.Va is meant to be good at killing snipers.
    Pharah's big issue isn't McCree it's discord orb. Bringing Zen into play was a good thing. With him and now Ana there's a lot more variety for supports.
    If you're talking about the meta in high end play flank type heroes almost never actually flank. That's pub games, but then all heroes can excel in pub games even now including Pharah.
    As I said, it was a maybe thing specifically aimed at WM, to give her and Hanzo a slight assist for breaking shields or having an effect against tanks instead of just being plowed thru.
    Second, there are other things that go thru her matrix other than RH's hook, such as Zarya's beam, Mei's freeze, Rein's hammer, and Sym's laser.
    As far as people not knowing how much damage they do against others, that's easily fixed by the fact nothing is changing except a slight damage buff/nerf given to 1-2 heroes. Right now, the only way Mei freezes Tracer or Genji is if they are dumb players and use their abilities whenever and don't have them for an escape while getting to close, hence the slightly reduced time to freeze those characters as opposed to others.
    The main issue with buffing/nerfing characters across the board is you get to where we are now. WM/Hanzo have very little to no place in the higher ranks because they are now to weak to have a presence. Zen has become very powerful in the sense that he can sit right behind a tank and do just as much work as an attacker instead of being a character that needs to play smart and know when to hide or hang back. Pharah is now almost never worth a pick because so many more people now counter her.
    The buffs/nerfs across the board are where we get into things like OP/underpowered/useless. Recent example: game launch McCree is too strong across the board and destroys everyone. Instead of giving him a damage nerf against tanks, they nerf him across the board to be useless. He then gets a follow up buff that makes him better than 76 (instead of being remotely on par) and the go to pick. He then gets a slight nerf to his range with a slight buff to his fan the hammer, he's now better balanced but yet still to strong in most areas as anyone who can aim can still kill players faster than 76 and still a major threat to anyone in the open. Yet a slight damage adjustment to the problem at hand (the tank melter) would have still left him viable as an anti flanker and front line player without having him be an almost necessity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post

There are ways around that, for Mei. Right now, the Freeze effect ticks up and applies after a certain number of seconds of sustained fire. Change it so it does "freeze damage", which does direct HP damage (like it already does) but also a certain amount of "shadow damage", and once that shadow pool is reduced to 0, the target's frozen. Damaged heroes get frozen faster (it's based on health pool), and lower-health heroes will be frozen more easily, while tanks are a bit more resistant.

Makes her an excellent anti-flanker, and she still has tools like Ice Wall to help her manage the tanks. And it's entirely consistent, since it's straight-up damage-based; right now her Freeze is somewhat unique.

Have a visual on health bars that looks like a transparent ice overlay, so people can easily see how "frozen" they are.

As I said, it was a maybe thing specifically aimed at WM, to give her and Hanzo a slight assist for breaking shields or having an effect against tanks instead of just being plowed thru.
    Second, there are other things that go thru her matrix other than RH's hook, such as Zarya's beam, Mei's freeze, Rein's hammer, and Sym's laser.
    As far as people not knowing how much damage they do against others, that's easily fixed by the fact nothing is changing except a slight damage buff/nerf given to 1-2 heroes. Right now, the only way Mei freezes Tracer or Genji is if they are dumb players and use their abilities whenever and don't have them for an escape while getting to close, hence the slightly reduced time to freeze those characters as opposed to others.
    The main issue with buffing/nerfing characters across the board is you get to where we are now. WM/Hanzo have very little to no place in the higher ranks because they are now to weak to have a presence. Zen has become very powerful in the sense that he can sit right behind a tank and do just as much work as an attacker instead of being a character that needs to play smart and know when to hide or hang back. Pharah is now almost never worth a pick because so many more people now counter her.
    The buffs/nerfs across the board are where we get into things like OP/underpowered/useless. Recent example: game launch McCree is too strong across the board and destroys everyone. Instead of giving him a damage nerf against tanks, they nerf him across the board to be useless. He then gets a follow up buff that makes him better than 76 (instead of being remotely on par) and the go to pick. He then gets a slight nerf to his range with a slight buff to his fan the hammer, he's now better balanced but yet still to strong in most areas as anyone who can aim can still kill players faster than 76 and still a major threat to anyone in the open. Yet a slight damage adjustment to the problem at hand (the tank melter) would have still left him viable as an anti flanker and front line player without having him be an almost necessity.
    McCree is fine as he is now.

He and 76 will always fight for the same spot and they nerfed 76 for some weird reason, the macro thing doesn't hold up because they nerfed him on console too.

Buff 76 back up and McCree is fine.

Zen is also just really messing balance up and Zarya is probably sleeper OP too.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    McCree is fine as he is now.

He and 76 will always fight for the same spot and they nerfed 76 for some weird reason, the macro thing doesn't hold up because they nerfed him on console too.

Buff 76 back up and McCree is fine.

Zen is also just really messing balance up and Zarya is probably sleeper OP too.
    I don't know, I count 76 as being fixed in the sense that people were just manipulating the crosshair to be 100% accurate and reduce his spread. Thy are him do what was intended and made it so people can't do the stutter shot that has no drop off with a fast click mouse. Zen got too many buffs, just like DVa. It's not that they didn't need something to help, but the buff to Zen in health and instant discord WITH a faster movement during his transcendence was just too much overall (opinion). They made him desirable, which is nice, but at the same time almost made him too good with the changes. DVa's change was nice, but again, maybe a bit too overpowered. Like McCree, the changes just made her too good at too many roles. Front line, back line, assaulter, defender, harasser, initiator, escapist...she fills all these roles so well. She's still not a good solo tank, but with 1 other that can be intimidating front line she can do all this.

I don't know, I count 76 as being fixed in the sense that people were just manipulating the crosshair to be 100% accurate and reduce his spread. Thy are him do what was intended and made it so people can't do the stutter shot that has no drop off with a fast click mouse. Zen got too many buffs, just like DVa. It's not that they didn't need something to help, but the buff to Zen in health and instant discord WITH a faster movement during his transcendence was just too much overall (opinion). They made him desirable, which is nice, but at the same time almost made him too good with the changes. DVa's change was nice, but again, maybe a bit too overpowered. Like McCree, the changes just made her too good at too many roles. Front line, back line, assaulter, defender, harasser, initiator, escapist...she fills all these roles so well. She's still not a good solo tank, but with 1 other that can be intimidating front line she can do all this.
    I think DVa is fine, not really sure where all the DVa is OP comes from actually.

If they nerf her just tune down DM very little or she'll be back to being bad again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I think DVa is fine, not really sure where all the DVa is OP comes from actually.

If they nerf her just tune down DM very little or she'll be back to being bad again.
    She's slightly too powerful imho, maybe increase the threshold where you can actually activate the DM again for example.
    Her DM is so powerful now that against many Ults and it's basically *always* available, if it had to go back up to 50%(random number) for example, you might get a window or two where you can Pharah/Soldier ult without her interrupting/negating it.

7+ Year Old Account
    i gave up on competitive.
    "oh you got a rank up? well, TOO BAD! im gonna put you into groups full with idiots!"
    *rank drops 53 to 48*
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-08-12 at 03:20 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    She's slightly too powerful imho, maybe increase the threshold where you can actually activate the DM again for example.
    Her DM is so powerful now that against many Ults and it's basically *always* available, if it had to go back up to 50%(random number) for example, you might get a window or two where you can Pharah/Soldier ult without her interrupting/negating it.
    I don't understand this, I play a lot of D.Va and while there are plenty of players out there who are in fact sensible enough to actually apply pressure to force my DM so that they can ult freely. It's mind boggling that this concept still hasn't permeated the entire community and there are still a lot of players out there who pop their ults (Reaper especially!) right under me as soon as I come around the corner; or hell even if I've been stood in the middle of the objective for the last 3 minutes. I mean, it's clear you know what it does, so how to still keep falling for it?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-08-12 at 01:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    "oh you got a rank up? well, TOO BAD! im gonna put you into groups full with idiots!"
    *rank drops 53 to 48"
    With you on this - I am happy to heal all the time, I play Mercy well and I often get compliments/friend requests because I'm good at it.
    I avoided Competitive up until now for various reasons, I lost 7/10 of my Placement matches between Wednesday and Thursday although I will say I was consistantly one of the best, if not the best player on the team in any match up. I came out as Rank 43 and have been bleeding ranks since. I forget exactly where I am now, somewhere in the 30s having won no more than 6 in my last 25 games (including Placement).

The game really needs to stop being all about Win or Lose - Performance should be a factor in the Ranking system. I would be happy to be sitting at my original rank of 43 having lost as much as I did if my performance was enough to hold me in place.. alas though, it is not and I've been bleeding ranks since the start.
    The worst of it is, I've been grouped with ass-hats on a regular basis who will play characters that are useless for the given situation and openly mock the fact that he/she is doing it (Ironically today this happened in my last competitive match and we actually won).
    Last edited by mmoc157e395081; 2016-08-12 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I don't understand this, I play a lot of D.Va and while there are plenty of players out there who are in fact sensible enough to actually apply pressure to force my DM so that they can ult freely. It's mind boggling that this concept still hasn't permeated the entire community and there are still a lot of players out there who pop their ults (Reaper especially!) right under me as soon as I come around the corner; or hell even if I've been stood in the middle of the objective for the last 3 minutes. I mean, it's clear you know what it does, so how to still keep falling for it?
    It's not a matter of keep falling for it, it's a matter of good DVa players knowing when to use it to be OP. I also play a lot of DVa since the change, and I'm not an awesome player with her by any means, but once I got the hang of it it's just too damn good. I've rarely ran into anyone that can force me to use it often enough to ever use it more than a second or 2 unless I'm going 1v4+. When that happens I run off and regroup, which is more than enough time to get it back completely. The only time Ults do work is with a very well, organized group who hold theirs and let others try to use them, and even then I usually just need to use it for a second or 2; let the other tank shield, and then use another 2 seconds of it for a follow up Ult attack. Leaving Ults aside, it's up for me to charge someone for 1 second, apply pressure for them to run away or finish them, or in an even fight bring it up after some shots to drop it again after 1-2 seconds for them to reload, then reapply pressure, have it another second to negate some damage, and then apply more pressure, running back if I need to or they get help. She also negates so many things that it's another reason people find her to good right now. It's different from an Ult bursting down Rein's shield or Zarya's barrier in 1 second and hitting people as it is a complete negation of the ability itself.
    She just became a little too good after the buff is all it boils down to. I'm not going to say she's OP, but in a knowledgable players hands she is just way too good with very little skill needed to pull these things off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    With you on this - I am happy to heal all the time, I play Mercy well and I often get compliments/friend requests because I'm good at it.
    I avoided Competitive up until now for various reasons, I lost 7/10 of my Placement matches between Wednesday and Thursday although I will say I was consistantly one of the best, if not the best player on the team in any match up. I came out as Rank 43 and have been bleeding ranks since. I forget exactly where I am now, somewhere in the 30s having won no more than 6 in my last 25 games (including Placement).

The game really needs to stop being all about Win or Lose - Performance should be a factor in the Ranking system. I would be happy to be sitting at my original rank of 43 having lost as much as I did if my performance was enough to hold me in place.. alas though, it is not and I've been bleeding ranks since the start.
    The worst of it is, I've been grouped with ass-hats on a regular basis who will play characters that are useless for the given situation and openly mock the fact that he/she is doing it (Ironically today this happened in my last competitive match and we actually won).
    It's not all about win or lose, but rather a win increases your rank while a loss decreases it. The amount lost or earned is based on different things such as how well you did, whether your team or theirs is the underdog, etc. The problem with putting it all on personal skill is you will run into people who only ever pick Lucio for the amount he can heal over the matches, or picking Junkrat because of how much damage he can cause, or Rein for what he can block. The game will become less of playing like a team and more about picking the people who do the most of something (and yes, they are not always the best picks for many reasons) and playing as a solo player trying to rack up personal points.
    To counter that, they'd have to put such a huge penalty on deaths/damage taken that it would probably end up being worse than it is now.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-08-12 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    people who say ez at the end of every game are getting really annoying

just had someone on the enemy team saying it when they were 2 meters from completing the payload, he starts going "gg ez" "so ez" and all that nonsense, then we team wipe them.... if you're gonna act like a moron, at least wait until you've won

- - - Updated - - -

*rank drops 53 to 48*
    i gave up on my placement games lol

did 4 games, every single one had leavers, which the game doesn't replace so it was just pointless. cba with that.

*rank drops 53 to 48*
    This is where I've been for the last month, the only thing different would be that its idiots or cowards. I think with the sheer number of idiots that just play to troll people on line I'm almost used to it, but what I cant stand is cowards. So many damn games where people think that if you dont have the best K\D ratio in the game you lose. "Damn the objective gotta hide in the back so I dont get killed. I only killed 1 half dead person, but I know I got that K\D best in the match." So tired of that mentality.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.