Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hilarious stuff, I do love a nice clickbait article.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Gotta love how the link ends with "UTM=shocking"...
    this is hardly shocking.

What exactly is strong about being rejected and then writing a blog post about it?
    To me it looks rather weak and whiny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Okay so after looking through her Instagram, the photos in the article in the OP were definitely after she lost weight.

You've seen worse.
    She's posted worse.

And I'm sorry, but being a man that is cursed with being short, the moment she makes the quip about height is the moment she lost all of her credibility to me. I don't sympathize if she simply stoops to the same level.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

1. Calling her fat was unnecessary
    2. Making a blog about it was unnecessary
    3. Linking that here, with PC sarcasm was unnecessary
    4. My post in this thread was unnecessary

oops, guess I'm just as bad as the others that contribute to this boring shit
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    Is that not considered fat in Russia?

When I visited St. Petersburg a few years ago, almost no one I saw was as fat as that. She'd certainly be considered fat in Scandinavia.

No reason to treat her like shit though.
    Well I don't know about all of Scandinavia, but young Norwegians look like baby giraffe, all gangly and long without any muscle or fat on them.

After reading the letter, i gotta say.. the guy seemed pretty honest and polite. Thats more than she deserved it seems.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

She doesn't look that fat. But still, this idea that you're a dick if you aren't attracted to fat/trans/other race just because is stupid. People are attracted to what they are attracted to. What, do they expect to just force people to date whomever regardless? Also, note the double standards here. Women have no issue at all ignoring/turning down men they aren't attracted to (usually due to being overweight/not athletic/not rich) but when the tables are turned, the man is a jerk and should be ashamed of himself for not having no standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Well I don't know about all of Scandinavia, but young Norwegians look like baby giraffe, all gangly and long without any muscle or fat on them.
    Hah! That's one hell of a statement.

Sounds a bit like one of my ex-girlfriend's obese grandma, who said we were nothing but skin and bone. Constantly trying to get us to eat as much as she did. She obviously died before she even hit 80. She'd probably have loved to have you over for dinner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    Hah! That's one hell of a statement.

Sounds a bit like one of my ex-girlfriend's obese grandma, who said we were nothing but skin and bone. Constantly trying to get us to eat as much as she did. She obviously died before she even hit 80. She'd probably have loved to have you over for dinner.
    Probably not - I'm pretty much always watching my calories because my thyroid doesn't work

Treating unhealthy people with cruelty and malice is wrong.

They have enough hardships in their lives that they battle with. They don't need to endure cruelty on top of everything else.

Help these people. Don't shame them.

Oh no, someone has a subjective opinion about you that isn't what you wanted to hear, let's go cry about it on the internet to make ourselves feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Because the story's a pretty obviously made up version of what a egocentric fat woman wants to think people experience with her. She's so beautiful and amazing and mindblowing and it's just that stupid anti-fat bigotry keeping her from getting Prince Charming.
    Ironically their prince charming is never also fat :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Ironically their prince charming is never also fat :P
    This is something interesting. For women, there seems to be only one or two major dealbreakers for most men (and won't lie I almost fall into this category myself):

1) Grossly fat (i.e. morbidly obese); usually a little chubby is fine unless you're like a fatpeoplehate type of shitlord
    2) Things like really bad teeth or a weird looking face (i.e. "horse face" or like stereotypical white trash meth-head look) that can't really be explained but you know it when you see it, and even then, a lot of guys are "desperate" enough they'll settle for anything with a decent looking body.

For men though, women seem to want perfection or nothing. Too long a beard? Pass. No beard and they like beards? Pass. Even a little overweight? Pass. "Fat"? Pass faster than you can bat an eye. Not a gymrat with muscles? Pass. Doesn't work a good enough job? Pass. Doesn't drive a fancy car? Pass. Glasses? Pass. Doesn't like this one minor thing they like? Pass. Not big enough if you catch my drift? Pass. Moves too fast? Pass. Doesn't move fast enough? Pass. Single father? Pass. Doesn't want kids? Pass. You get the idea.

I guarantee that her "ideal" guy looks nothing like her, is fit and has money and drives a fancy car etc. But a guy who says he has roughly equivalent standards is being a fatphobic misogynist douche for not giving her a chance/dealing with her.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2016-08-12 at 02:21 PM.

If I told every guy guy that messaged me/went on one date with why I wasn't into them, there would be a lot of pointless hurt feelings...Bottom line is that I'm not feeling it, I don't need to say anything more than that (especially after one date).
    I think this is kind of the root of the issue. Guys want to know why they are rejected. So when rejecting, they say why. Where a woman in this example you doesn't want to know it say why either.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    If you are not attracted to her, why did you kiss her and walk around arm in arm with her? Also, why send a rude text? Just don't call her.... She's not even that fat really. I thought she looked fine.
    She's trans-fat. Check your privilege shitlord. /s
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    This is something interesting. For women, there seems to be only one or two major dealbreakers for most men (and won't lie I almost fall into this category myself):

1) Grossly fat (i.e. morbidly obese); usually a little chubby is fine unless you're like a fatpeoplehate type of shitlord
    2) Things like really bad teeth or a weird looking face (i.e. "horse face" or like stereotypical white trash meth-head look) that can't really be explained but you know it when you see it, and even then, a lot of guys are "desperate" enough they'll settle for anything with a decent looking body.

For men though, women seem to want perfection or nothing. Too long a beard? Pass. No beard and they like beards? Pass. Even a little overweight? Pass. "Fat"? Pass faster than you can bat an eye. Not a gymrat with muscles? Pass. Doesn't work a good enough job? Pass. Doesn't drive a fancy car? Pass. Glasses? Pass. Doesn't like this one minor thing they like? Pass. Not big enough if you catch my drift? Pass. Moves too fast? Pass. Doesn't move fast enough? Pass. Single father? Pass. Doesn't want kids? Pass. You get the idea.

I guarantee that her "ideal" guy looks nothing like her, is fit and has money and drives a fancy car etc. But a guy who says he has roughly equivalent standards is being a fatphobic misogynist douche for not giving her a chance/dealing with her.
    Pretty much this

There are 2 solutions:

- Actually become a relatively successful, educated, fit man

or

- Give up

Yes I know, not the most motivational way to put it, but it's not that far off the mark

Women don't care about physical appearance as much as men do. People are a package deal and all of the minuses that an individual brings to the table can be offset by some exceptional pluses.

"Be the best version of you that you can be" is a good mantra for any given situation, dating or otherwise.
    I disagree. They seem to go for different things but appearance seems almost more important to women.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    It doesn't necessarily have to.

It beats the hell out of depriving them from what could be reality.
    Exactly. If after a few women were like "too fat" something might change.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I disagree. They seem to go for different things but appearance seems almost more important to women.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, men are fashion accessories to this generation. There's probably someone out there that treats the men in their lives with respect, but you won't find them on any websites ending in two consonants when a vowel is usually needed.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

She should be glad, really.

Some women (and men) have to spend several months before they realize that they are dating a psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post

- - - Updated - - -

From my experience, appearance seems to be the most important thing to women, even ones that are just average looking. You can message a woman with a 95% match compatibility (if using a site like OKCupid for example), who says they like the same things as you, same interests, same foods, etc. and chances are if you aren't a 9 or 10 on the attractive scale, you won't even get a reply back or even any acknowledgement at all. And some of these women can't be getting hundreds of messages a day from various prospects (something tells me an average but cute nerd girl who likes anime and RPGs and dislikes sports and going out isn't going to get a ton of messages), so it has to be that they are just being ultra picky because they can be.