Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    He should have bubble hearthed.
    Isn't that the very first thing they teach in Paladin school? Even all the way back in Vanilla! Perhaps Tirion forgot that the glyph was removed from the game, and was trying before his bubble wore off...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Khadgar View Post
    This. We didn't save Tirion for the same reason Jaina and Khadgar weren't at the end of the scenario, because they would ruin the entire point of having it, which is to further the story.
    There's another term for it; bad writing
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    He's alive, as Snack said. He dies during the Artifact quest.

As for why we were stood around for so long, honestly, no idea. It felt like a very long time of us doing nothing ... Blizzard have gotten so much better at synchronisation of events, voice acting and such, but this just went back to Classic level event design for me. It was pretty bad.
    I think the standing around really wasn't quite "canon" if that works in that it was just game mechanics whereas in reality it all happened in an instant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so how did tirion survive being blasted by that massive demon, and then falling into a pit of green lava?
    The light.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoic01 View Post
    Why didn't the eagles just carry frodo and the ring and drop it into Mount Doom? There is always an "easy" or "obvious" way to do things but that's boring and doesn't create story. Plus Gul'dan is incredibly powerful and could easily reflect anything the fighters have.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I don't really mind Tirion dying, but I'm a bit surprised everyone just stood there and watched it happen. It's not like he was killed immediately. First Gul'dan summoned a demon and then he got killed. With some waiting in between.

So let's see, we have Jaina and Mekkatorque on the Alliance, and Sylvanas and Thrall on the Horde. That's four fighters with long-range combat capabilities. Why did nobody think to shoot Gul'dan or blast him with a spell? It seemed to me like Tirion could've been saved if they really tried.

Also, why did Tirion even go off on his own anyway? Did he really think just him and the Argent Crusade could take down the Legion?
    Because Fel corrupted lava hurts my feet and he did tell us to leave him because the light would protect him, and he was wrong but hindsight is 20/20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    By the way, is it the voice of Bernard Hill, the one who voiced Tirion in Wrath? (he was the one who acted as Theoden, king of Rohan in LotR)
    yes 10chars
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Khadgar View Post
    This. We didn't save Tirion for the same reason Jaina and Khadgar weren't at the end of the scenario, because they would ruin the entire point of having it, which is to further the story.
    But well done fiction anticipates that and sets things up so that they're explained. For example, in the part of the scenario we're talking about Guldan mocks Tirion's reliance on the Light saying that this is Sargeras' domain and the light can't help him here. Weak explanation? Maybe, but at least it makes some kind of in-game sense. They could have explained Khadgar's absence by having one of the NPCs say he'd gone to try to convince the Wardens to help. Jaina... well, they dropped the ball here. She could have ported Varian back from the ledge that he fell to and she could have ported Tirion from the trap he was in (or, to have that scene play out, she could have tried and had Guldan's magic repel the attempt).

Ultimately, there are a few pretty key things that aren't done well and it's very apparent that they're that way because they wanted a certain outcome. It's one of the lazier, worse sins in fiction.
    Last edited by clevin; 2016-08-12 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...only no Nazgul ever did anything interesting, killed anybody important and the eye just kept missing stuff. I love the Hobbit and LotR, but in this day and age where people who have achieved nothing now can leisurely disect everything, it is a pretty convenient plot device. They carry Thorim Oakenshield and party juuust about wide enough, turn the battle of five armies, save Gandalf from Isengard, save Frodo after he destroyed the ring....but when it counts ....they are not there.

And the story is indeed better for it.
    Can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread, but in all these cased, it was done at Gandalf's request. Gwaihir only obliges this because Gandalf saved his life. That said, the eagles are sentient species and would know that burdening the ring into Mordor is an outright foolish endeavor and would have never done it. It worked out, but by sheer luck and the tenacity of two hobbits. No one would have known this, of course, so asking someone to take someone carrying the ring into Mordor can be reasonably assumed to just be asking them to deliver it to Sauron's doorstep.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    Again, I don't think anyone could have teleported in or out there without the spell blowing up in their face and the mages knew that very well. The place was filled with nether energies, 'warped' and kind of like in two places at once, like Thrall said at the very beginning of the scenario.

And when should Jaina have teleported Varian out? When Genn was still very much able to simply pull him up? Or when Varian himself made the decision to jump, which was very much needed because otherwise everyone would be dead? Or jump after him and look for him in a legion of demons? She might not even have known he jumped down until Genn told them all that he was the one who took down the fel reaver.

The dude was a nobody until he was given the role of lolgodmode at the end of the Lich King fight. He was an average level paladin with a powerful weapon.
    He wasn't just some random Paladin though, he was one of the 5 original ones, the first Paladins created during the 2nd War. The other ones being Uther, Turalyon, Gavinrad the Dire (the guy who guarded Kel'Thuzads tomb at Andorhal) and Saidan Dathrohan (the guy who was possessed by Balnazzar and transmormed the Scarlet Crusade into "kill everyone else zealots").
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark View Post
    The demon only appeared after a long ass speech.

Did you just stop watching the cinematic at that point?
    Yeah, a long ass speach where tirion said at the beginning that it was a trap... you should try to pay attention next time.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2016-08-12 at 08:53 PM.

They were watching a video of Jaina getting her needs met.

I didn't sit there and watch. All three times I tried to attack Gul'Dan, but the game wouldn't let me.