Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    As I see it, there are three central traits to the Holy Priest artifact weapon: Reverence, Power of the Naaru and Say Your Prayers. These are the traits you probably want to invest with relics, since they give the greatest return for their specific spells (5% to Heal/Flash Heal, 6% to Prayer of Healing or an exponentially increasing 6.2%+ to Prayer of Mending). Of these, Reverence is far more important for 5-man and Say Your Prayers is really a raid-only tactic.

On the other hand, there are some traits that you're taking only because you want to finish the weapon and get to the gooey center: Trust in the Light and Focus in the Light.

Serenity Now and Light of Tu'ure I look on as gilding the lily. Holy Priests are already exceptionally capable at burst healing single targets. Being able to heal someone for more than their maximum health with instants every 45 sec is nice, but hardly necessary.

Given the above, it seems a 'right hand' route is far more worthwhile. You pick up the talents you need first, first (Reverence before Say Your Prayers). You avoid the take-these-last talents like Trust in the Light and the overkill of Serenity Now and instead just focus on improving the heals you'll usefully cast.
    I read somewhere Reverence got nerfed to 3% on Heal/FH. Still probably one of the best traits.

I just use feathers for holy/disc and B&S for shadow (Shield + movement speed = amazing). It's a little awkward when I swap specs frequently, PW:S is my 6 key on shadow and Feathers are my Shift+6 key on holy/disc.

Is divine star worth taking? I've been using it for an extra instant and to proc SoL, but it's accounting for less than 5% of my healing so I've been thinking divinity would be much better.

I've had more success with Halo. I think divine star is better for dungeons and fights where the raid will be stacked up during damage phases (Hellfire Council).

Quote Originally Posted by Jooji View Post
    Is divine star worth taking? I've been using it for an extra instant and to proc SoL, but it's accounting for less than 5% of my healing so I've been thinking divinity would be much better.
    Divinity is generally better with the high uptime you can get on it. I'm fairly sure they fixed DStar to not be able to proc multiple SoLs too but I could be wrong
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-08-08 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    Divinity is generally better with the high uptime you can get on it. I'm fairly sure they fixed DStar to not be able to proc multiple SoLs too but I could be wrong
    Yes, DS no longer gives you a shitload of SoL procs.

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    I read somewhere Reverence got nerfed to 3% on Heal/FH. Still probably one of the best traits.
    3/6/9 instead of 5/10/15 unfortunately. That was a while ago though

Are there other holy priest resources anywhere else? Such as active theorycrafting discussions and such?

At a quick glance, only hotfix I noticed was Guardian Angel was brought back down to 90sec instead of 120 if it doesn't trigger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warchief606 View Post
    For legion mastery > crit > haste, dont know about versatility right now. Reason being is that mastery does not overheal that much in legion boss fights, thus its really good.
    For pre patch people tend to go crit > haste > mastery because damage in HFC is very spiky. HFC is a joke though, so whatever ^^ but crit and haste is also better for doing dps (no matter what spec) so thats neat for leveling.
    Unless you get special perk on stats verse catchs crit quite fast. Crit is 350 ratings for 1% crit and verse is 400 for 1%/0.5%. Geting extra multipliers arent bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Unless you get special perk on stats verse catchs crit quite fast. Crit is 350 ratings for 1% crit and verse is 400 for 1%/0.5%. Geting extra multipliers arent bad at all.
    Ideally, Mastery should lead Critical by ~26% while Critical should lead Versatility by ~14%. If you've got ~40% Mastery, ~14% Critical and ~0% Versatility, then the next stat point you invest can go into any of the three equally.

For simplicity, this just assumes all stats buff all spells equally (Mastery doesn't buff all healing, Critical is less effective on HW: Serenity and more effective for FH/Heal due to artifact traits) and the damage/mitigation portion of Versatility have no value.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because I haven't had beta access to test, does anyone know if the legendary cloak adjusts your mana at all? Is your mana simply frozen during the time you are "dead?" Does it increase at all after resurrection?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooji View Post
    Are there other holy priest resources anywhere else? Such as active theorycrafting discussions and such?
    Basically discord are the main resource of discussing and theorycrafting holy priest and almost every other spec in the game. Forums arent near as active as discords are right now and the information in there is pretty amazing, also from my experience people are less arseholes :P

General hospital: https://discordapp.com/invite/0l64WMq72BKeRFFb
    H2p: https://discordapp.com/invite/0f1Ta8lT8xZbLkBV

Hope these links work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Because I haven't had beta access to test, does anyone know if the legendary cloak adjusts your mana at all? Is your mana simply frozen during the time you are "dead?" Does it increase at all after resurrection?
    With the legendary cloak, whatever mana you have at moment of death is frozen. Your spirit of redemption proceeds normally, if you manage to put out > your own hp of healing during spirit of redemption, the cloak will res you at full hp. After res, mana regen starts as normal, no effect on mana at all during spirit of redemption that I can see.

After res, you have a debuff called Archbishop Benedictus' Restitution for 10 minutes, cloak effect can only be triggered again once this debuff runs out.

You retain temporary buffs through this process like defiled augmentation rune and food buff.

Does anyone know if the debuff from the cloak is removed when you reset a boss? I haven't gotten around to testing this myself but I don't imagine it does. I don't see it having a ton of value if you're just going to be procing it from natural boss wipes and being stuck with the debuff for 10mins.

Deleted
    I just noticed that Prayer of Mending now stacks higher than 5 when I repeatedly cast it on the same target (I know, I'm slow), but what I didn't manage to check yet is what happens when it jumps to a target that already has some stacks of it. Does it stack then as well? So basically if I cast PoM on multiple people and it randomly jumps to the same one would they merge into a single one with higher stacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    I just noticed that Prayer of Mending now stacks higher than 5 when I repeatedly cast it on the same target (I know, I'm slow), but what I didn't manage to check yet is what happens when it jumps to a target that already has some stacks of it. Does it stack then as well? So basically if I cast PoM on multiple people and it randomly jumps to the same one would they merge into a single one with higher stacks?
    Yes, PoM will merge into one stack. As far as I can tell, though, (albeit without strict testing; someone else is welcome to clarify if I'm wrong) it will avoid doing so if it would risk losing a charge (i.e. a 5-stack merging with a 6-stack).

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    The max stack is 10, so the most you can have out at any given time is 2 10 stacks on 2 different people. That's what I do before pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Yes, PoM will merge into one stack. As far as I can tell, though, (albeit without strict testing; someone else is welcome to clarify if I'm wrong) it will avoid doing so if it would risk losing a charge (i.e. a 5-stack merging with a 6-stack).
    I can do some testing on it today and see if that's the case, it'll be difficult to pick out through logs though.

Anyone have any ideas/math on what will be the best pre-raid trinket for holy priests? I cant figure it out myself without that's for sure!

Infernal Alchemist Stone - Thrumming Gossamer

If you want to be cheap, replace alchemy trinket with Amalgam's Seventh Spine. Direct heals in the description on this one is Heal/Flash Heal, nothing else.

If you don't care about regen at all the most powerful free alternative is Chrono Shard, otherwise if you have money to burn you can go after Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire.