Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Warden for nelf
    spellbreaker fo belf
    You want another Elf-based magical/melee class?

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Pretty sure you're being trolled at this point. This guy doesn't have a clue and is only picking parts of your post to belittle you and keep you going. Might want to just start ignoring him lol.
    Yeah it's pretty evident by now. Sad but just how things are. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    They reworked many classes. They didn't like the style of demonology and made it more about controlling demons rather than just being one...
    Yeah they reworked many classes, they didn't completely gut a spec and move its abilities over to a new class like they did with Demonology. DHs have Demonic Leap, Metamorphosis, Immolation Aura, and other abilities from the old Demonology spec.

They didn't rework survival for hunters due to demon hunters did they?
    Please point out the removed Survival Hunter abilities from WoD that are currently in the DH class.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Pretty sure you're being trolled at this point. This guy doesn't have a clue and is only picking parts of your post to belittle you and keep you going. Might want to just start ignoring him lol.
    He's literally just backtracking after he realized he was wrong about a class he's so passionate about. He overhyped tinkers as a potential class then payed for it by being wrong when compared to demon hunters. Simple as that.

Blizzard is not making a tinker class anytime soon, but you can keep hoping.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    You can already tell from the post that it's implied heavily. Why would someone debate the existence of "figures" after I said that more people like dhs?

More importantly, who are you and what in your brain told you to continue the derailment? Is this tinker fan logic? It's hilarious.
    I'm not even particularly fussed either way, but you have this habit of implication and leaping to conclusions not based on evidence provided in every discussion you participate in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiradyn View Post
    Yeah they reworked many classes, they didn't completely gut a spec and move its abilities over to a new class like they did with Demonology. DHs have Demonic Leap, Metamorphosis, Immolation Aura, and other abilities from the old Demonology spec.

Please point out the removed Survival Hunter abilities from WoD that are currently in the DH class.
    Demon Hunters had those spells in WC3 before warlocks did. It's not "gutting a spec" to take something that they were literally just borrowing in the first place if you want to get on that level about it.

In actuality, the warlocks could have kept those spells, as turning into a demon is well within their power. Demon hunters got the spells that they've always used in wc3.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's literally just backtracking after he realized he was wrong about a class he's so passionate about. He overhyped tinkers as a potential class then payed for it by being wrong when compared to demon hunters. Simple as that.

Blizzard is not making a tinker class anytime soon, but you can keep hoping.
    I honestly don't care either way.

Blizzard decided to make Demon Hunters after DKs and Monks. What will they make next? Who knows, but all this thread really is, is a speculation thread. He's not wrong, and neither are you. Both are opinions and speculation.

What do you think a potential new class could be @LiiLoSNK?

Demon Hunters have 1 spell called metamorphasis that does nothing but buff their damage or HP. Warlock's demonology spec metamorph was completely different and involved using unique spells.

Only a total idiot would think that you couldn't have both at the same time because they're entirely different.
    You say this now knowing that DH are a reality. I'm sure you were one of the masses that was saying that DH will never happen because of Demo Locks. And it wasn't just Meta; Demonic Leap, Immolation Aura, Nether ward, etc.

If Blizzard actually wants to make a Tinker class they'll change/remove engineering just like the did Demo Locks to add DH.
    Last edited by barrsftw; 2016-08-12 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    I'm not even particularly fussed either way, but you have this habit of implication and leaping to conclusions not based on evidence provided in every discussion you participate in.
    It's called being able to call someone out on their implications. When they realize they're wrong, they are quick to backtrack and change their position and say things like "Well even though it was implied, I didn't literally say Tinkers were more wanted than DHs", even though it was very obviously and heavily implied. That's what's happening now.

Demon Hunters had those spells in WC3 before warlocks did. It's not "gutting a spec" to take something that they were literally just borrowing in the first place if you want to get on that level about it.
    You do realize that WC3 and WoW are two completely different games right? You do also realize that Warlocks had Metamorphosis for 8 years in WoW, and they only removed it from Warlocks when Demon Hunters entered the game, right? They even transplanted the resource system from Demonology.

In actuality, the warlocks could have kept those spells, as turning into a demon is well within their power. Demon hunters got the spells that they've always used in wc3.
    Blizzard couldn't have two classes doing the same thing, which is why they essentially transplanted Demonology into the new DH class. That BTW contradicts your earlier argument that Warlock meta was somehow different than DH meta.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    You say this now knowing that DH are a reality. I'm sure you were one of the masses that was saying that DH will never happen because of Demo Locks. And it wasn't just Meta; Demonic Leap, Immolation Aura, Nether ward, etc.
    Lol? Anyone non-retarded could see the demon hunters becoming a class the second they added death knights. I expected them way sooner than monks.

Anyone saying they couldn't add demon hunters because of locks was an idiot.

Lol? Anyone non-retarded could see the demon hunters becoming a class the second they added death knights. I expected them way sooner than monks.

Yet you're saying blizzard won't add a Tinker class because of engineering...

They couldn't without gutting Warlocks and pissing off Warlock players. Most people assumed that Blizzard wouldn't purposely gut an existing class for DHs.

Much to everyone's surprise, that's exactly what they did, and that's why we have DHs in the game now with only two specs, and many unhappy Warlock players who feel they got the short end of the stick.

If Blizzard is willing to gut a class for DHs, why wouldn't they gut a profession for Tinkers?

The healing isn't the same at all.
    You push buttons and it heals your target. Everything is the same if you look at it in a simplified enough way.

There's actual differences based on which class is doing the healing.
    Like there's actual differences between a profession and a class.

The engineering profession provides mostly only these tech-related stuff for flavour/visuals. Very little of it is actually used actively in combat.

Even though they share the "theme", class fantasy, or overall idea, they're still very different things, just like a holy priest is very different from a warrior with bandages, even though they both heal.

A rogue with engineering is still for the most part just a rogue, and will be doing for the most part rogue things, not engineering or tinker-related things.

Why not make a class that's actually original in the sense that it's not a glorified profession?
    Well, for once because Tinker is pretty much the only suggestion for new class left that:
    1) Makes absolute sense and pretty much already exists in the Warcraft universe (just not playable in WoW);
    2) Is very unique and different from the current classes and specializations;
    3) Fits fairly well into the game in both PvE and PvP (unlike something like Spellbreaker, for instance).

But for funsies, what do you suggest to be the next class? I really haven't seen any suggestion more original or fitting than Tinker. The only 2 were Tinker and Demon Hunter, and the later is already done.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-08-12 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope not. tinker just sounds like a terrible class... and being forced to play goblin or gnome, two of the derpiest races in the game? ehhhh
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

You do realize that WC3 and WoW are two completely different games right? You do also realize that Warlocks had Metamorphosis for 8 years in WoW, and they only removed it from Warlocks when Demon Hunters entered the game, right?

Blizzard couldn't have two classes doing the same thing, which is why they essentially transplanted Demonology into the new DH class. That BTW contradicts your earlier argument that Warlock meta was somehow different than DH meta.
    You do realize that warcraft lore expands outside of just world of warcraft right? Like please tell me you know this? You know the spells are heavily based off wc3 right? You know that survival hunters were a ranged class for 12 years and they only removed it when demon hunters entered the game, right? Rogues had combat for 12 years. Guess they changed it for demon hunters, right?

And no, it doesn't contradict it at all. Demon Hunters hunt demons. They drain their power and when they unleash that power, that is their metamorphosis. In legion, their meta has nothing to do with gaining the spells immolate, leap, etc. They already have those spells.

Warlocks gained the power to turn themselves into an actual demon and were able to use demon hunter spells from wc3. They reworked the class and now they're more about controlling demons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Yet you're saying blizzard won't add a Tinker class because of engineering...
    Yes. You're comparing a Class to Class with DH/Demo and a Profession to Class with Engineering/Tinker and thinking they are the same thing which makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

They couldn't without gutting Warlocks and pissing off Warlock players. Most people assumed that Blizzard wouldn't purposely gut an existing class for DHs.

Much to everyone's surprise, that's exactly what they did, and that's why we have DHs in the game now with only two specs, and many unhappy Warlock players who feel they got the short end of the stick.

If Blizzard is willing to gut a class for DHs, why wouldn't they gut a profession for Tinkers?
    It wasn't a gutting of a class. It was the changing of a spec. Many Classes had complete spec redesigns going into Legion. Why is warlock the only one being cried about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    You push buttons and it heals your target. Everything is the same if you look at it in a simplified enough way.

Like there's actual differences between a profession and a class.

The engineering profession provides mostly only these tech-related stuff for flavour/visuals. Very little of it is actually used actively in combat.

Even though they share the "theme", class fantasy, or overall idea, they're still very different things, just like a holy priest is very different from a warrior with bandages, even though they both heal.

A rogue with engineering is still for the most part just a rogue, and will be doing for the most part rogue things, not engineering or tinker-related things.

Well, for once because Tinker is pretty much the only suggestion for new class left that:
    1) Makes absolute sense in the Warcraft universe;
    2) Is very unique and different from the current classes and specializations;
    3) Fits fairly well into the game in both PvE and PvP (unlike something like Spellbreaker, for instance).

But for funsies, what do you suggest is the next class? I really haven't seen any suggestion more original or fitting than Tinker. The only 2 were Tinker and Demon Hunter, and the later is already done.
    Your first example is oversimplifying the situation way more than I am.

Your second point is literally repeating what I already said. I said if they made it a class, it would just be engineering with altered damage and cooldowns. That doesn't make for an interesting new class.

Your third point isn't even true. There's battle mages (scarlet crusade), arch druids (emerald dream), someone mentioned wardens and spell breakers, and tons of other things from wc3 that could be used for a new type of class that isn't based on something we already have in the game that all classes can use (engineering).

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Well considering how this has already been talked to death, and honestly should be infractable at this point, let me give you the response that blizzard, us, anyone outside you all that like this random ass idea of tinkerers.

NO NO NO NO NO FUCK NO HELL NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NIET NEIN NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NO NO NO NO NO STOP WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO FUCK NO HELL NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NIET NEIN NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NO NO NO NO NO STOP WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO FUCK NO HELL NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NIET NEIN NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NO NO NO NO NO STOP WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO FUCK NO HELL NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NIET NEIN NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NO NO NO NO NO STOP WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO FUCK NO HELL NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NIET NEIN NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NO NO NO NO NO STOP WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO FUCK NO HELL NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NIET NEIN NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NO NO NO NO NO STOP WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO FUCK NO HELL NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NIET NEIN NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NO NO NO NO NO STOP WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO FUCK NO HELL NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NIET NEIN NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NO NO NO NO NO STOP WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO FUCK NO HELL NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NIET NEIN NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NO NO NO NO NO STOP WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO FUCK NO HELL NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NIET NEIN NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NO NO NO NO NO STOP WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO FUCK NO HELL NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NIET NEIN NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NO NO NO NO NO STOP WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO FUCK NO HELL NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NEVER NIET NEIN NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT GOING TO HAPPEN NO NO NO NO NO STOP WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND NO NO NO NO NO NO
    source to that? no? you dont have? thought so

some devs showed interest in it

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/763155613165588481

here is one

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    source to that? no? you dont have? thought so

some devs showed interest in it

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/763155613165588481

here is one
    They have zone mechs in every like every single quest zone. Goblin shredders, steam tanks, stationary turrets.

That seems like their interest towards tinkers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Well, I for one would feel weird having a class whih is all about hytech lasers.. when the rest is shooting with bows and casting a fireball.. I don't feel it.
    And afther watching the cinematic with that gnome dude, I couldn't picture him in withthe rest for some reason.. without that robot I mean.. hes shit.
    hes allways been awesome, hes been a awesome fighter, he even helps the alliance by him and his gnomes decimating a room of orcs during the seige of orgrimmar
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

You do realize that warcraft lore expands outside of just world of warcraft right? Like please tell me you know this? You know the spells are heavily based off wc3 right?
    Yeah, and the spells from the Demon Hunter hero were spread out among several classes before Legion. For some reason you keep forgetting this.

You know that survival hunters were a ranged class for 12 years and they only removed it when demon hunters entered the game, right? Rogues had combat for 12 years. Guess they changed it for demon hunters, right?
    Again, feel free to point out the removed Survival Hunter and Rogue abilities from WoD that are currently within the DH class.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

And no, it doesn't contradict it at all. Demon Hunters hunt demons. They drain their power and when they unleash that power, that is their metamorphosis. In legion, their meta has nothing to do with gaining the spells immolate, leap, etc. They already have those spells.
    Um, DHs didn't have Demonic leap in WC3, and the spell also wasn't called Immolation Aura in WC3. Warlocks had both spells in WoD and then they were removed and handed off to the DH class.

Seriously, it's not that hard man.

Warlocks gained the power to turn themselves into an actual demon and were able to use demon hunter spells from wc3. They reworked the class and now they're more about controlling demons.
    You're attempting to mix in-game lore with actual game development? You do realize that we live in the real world right? Please try to keep up with what we're talking about here. The actual spells were transplanted from one class to another at the expense of the older class to give the newer class some level of depth. That's unprecedented in the history of the game which is why many people figured that DHs were never going to be a stand-alone class.

It wasn't a gutting of a class. It was the changing of a spec. Many Classes had complete spec redesigns going into Legion. Why is warlock the only one being cried about?
    And for the THIRD time, please show us the removed abilities from other specs that are currently in the DH class.
    Last edited by Kiradyn; 2016-08-12 at 06:02 PM.