Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Garbage logic. So even if they're ready at 26 they should just beat around the bush for 4 years because you say so.
    What's your qualifications?
    You will learn a lot about a woman in 4 years with them no matter how well you think you know them today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    If they're already in a long lasting relationship yes
    Absolutely. I'm 35, my g/f is 28. We've been together for 8 years. We will be getting our first apartment together this year. We practically live together already, but with my rommmates as well. In a few years, I plan on proposing to her so long as we can co-exist on our own well enough. There is absolutely no reason to rush for us. We are happy together, and don't need social status, or legal status to define us. When she hit's 30, I will be in the process of saving for a nice ring for her, and saving for a wedding, and a honey moon in Japan. All of this has been thoroughly discussed and planned out.

So technically, when she hits 30, she will snap her fingers and be married, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Garbage logic. So even if they're ready at 26 they should just beat around the bush for 4 years because you say so.
    Depends. Have they been together for years before turning 26? If they just started dating at 26, yeah, it would be wise to wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    You will learn a lot about a woman in 4 years with them no matter how well you think you know them today.
    Absolutely! It took many years for my g/f and I to truly understand all we know about each other. We talk about each others views, feelings, and hang ups every chance we get, and are still learning things about each other each passing year.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tennisace, what do you think about homosexual marriages, without kids, or with adopted kids?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Absolutely. I'm 35, my g/f is 28. We've been together for 8 years. We will be getting our first apartment together this year. We practically live together already, but with my rommmates as well. In a few years, I plan on proposing to her so long as we can co-exist on our own well enough. There is absolutely no reason to rush for us. We are happy together, and don't need social status, or legal status to define us. When she hit's 30, I will be in the process of saving for a nice ring for her, and saving for a wedding, and a honey moon in Japan. All of this has been thoroughly discussed and planned out.

So technically, when she hits 30, she will snap her fingers and be married, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends. Have they been together for years before turning 26? If they just started dating at 26, yeah, it would be wise to wait.
    There's a few places where the law would consider you married already. Common law marriage has different durations, and isn't everywhere. None here, for example, but if you were in New Hampshire, you could be considered to already be married, and wouldn't even require a marriage certificate. =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    How much would I lose then? If I have 100 millions.
    "50 millions" is more than enough for a comfortable life. Don't be greedy.

Deleted
    Because things can change in 4 years? I'm one that stands by the notion one shouldn't marry until atleast 10 years (perhaps even 8) as by then you should know for certainty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    There's a few places where the law would consider you married already. Common law marriage has different durations, and isn't everywhere. None here, for example, but if you were in New Hampshire, you could be considered to already be married, and wouldn't even require a marriage certificate. =D
    Very interesting! What if we don't have the same mailing address though? She still gets her mail at her parents house (1 mile across town).
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2016-08-12 at 05:08 PM.

One of the articles sited sites almost nothing but other Family Studies articles? Also a NPR piece that is entirely neutral to the idea of cohabitation in the absence of marriage and lots of Gallop polls. Does Jenifer Murff have any degrees in sociology I couldn't find her credentials?

10+ Year Old Account
    You would think, a person with seemingly little to no experience, who is given all this advise from people with real experience would eventually change their tune. But unfortunately, we get the same ole' threads week after week with the same distorted view on relationships.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting! What if we don't have the same mailing address though? She still gets her mail at her parents house (1 mile across town).
    I think it's cohabitation itself that matters, and I think you'd probably have to actually go declare it. No one is going to go around finding people who cohabitate for 3 years, haha.

Deleted
    You would think, a person with seemingly little to no experience, who is given all this advise from people with real experience would eventually change their tune. But unfortunately, we get the same ole' threads week after week with the same distorted view on relationships.
    We can only hope in time otherwise he's going to be very unhappy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I think it's cohabitation itself that matters, and I think you'd probably have to actually go declare it. No one is going to go around finding people who cohabitate for 3 years, haha.
    That would be 1/2 creepy, and 1/2 convenient, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    People with real experience tend to say just as much nonsense detached from reality as people with no experience, because experience often introduces a strong bias. So many folks on these forums who were rejected by a girl and now cry about all women being poisoned by evil feminism and only wanting men for their money... It's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    People with real experience tend to say just as much nonsense detached from reality as people with no experience, because experience often introduces a strong bias. So many folks on these forums who were rejected by a girl and now cry about all women being poisoned by evil feminism and only wanting men for their money... It's crazy.
    I do my best to not generalize too much. I don't like to say things like All men, or All women, or All people. I prefer to say things such as "some" or "those i've seen". At least with that, people can take it for what it is. That there are cases, no necessarily implying it is even wide spread. Just that there are cases to be observed.

Funny enough, I learned to speak like that here, specifically for being called out for generalizing. I had to sit back and think before I realized that I was being foolish.

Not seeing that here in Europe, at least not in the wide masses. Maybe among the neurotic college cunts?

Delaying to avoid a marriage with a poor chance of success sure. Delaying due to laziness and lack of urgency...
    Urgency? Why ever should their be an urgency? What do you loose not getting married in your 20s?

give a man an education and a job and he will propose to a woman that is healthy and will build them a home.
    give a woman an education and a job and she will elaborately explain to you why there are no good men.

Obviously, men are doing it wrong as they don't have as high expectations and don't really care about the education or money the spouse has but provide it.
    So, I congratulate the highly educated and successful women to not give in and live a life of passion for their career.

10+ Year Old Account
    "50 millions" is more than enough for a comfortable life. Don't be greedy.
    Tell that to the bitch that want to take half of it, 5mil is enough for a comfortable life so that is all she deserves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Tell that to the bitch that want to take half of it, 5mil is enough for a comfortable life so that is all she deserves.
    Or, she deserves only what she earned. Didn't work for the entire marriage? Then you should get nothing. No assets belong to you? You leave empty handed.

Alimony was originally set up so that house wives who were forced to stay home, would be able to survive after a divorce. This was a time when women weren't really in the work force to the volume they are in today's world. In today's world, a divorced woman can easily get a job with no skills to take care of themselves. So I see no reason for Alimony to cover their butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was a time when women weren't really in the work force to the volume they are in today's world. In today's world, a divorced woman can easily get a job with no skills to take care of themselves. So I see no reason for Alimony to cover their butts.
    I agree, the Law regarding divorce need some heavy updating.