Thread: No Man's Sky

Wow, after seeing the steam reviews and TB's stream, this game is an utter mess. Stay away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Just runs better, honestly. Kind of a mess on PC, atm.

Also...
    oh i just need to put .gif on the end, well that was simple, thanks

OT: i see, im not planning on buying it yet anyway, but as i dont have a ps4/xbox then it will be on pc, so i hope it runs okay eventually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Wow, after seeing the steam reviews and TB's stream, this game is an utter mess. Stay away.
    Dunno I'm watching Cohhcarnage on Twitch and it runs like a dream for him on PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

I think this is relevant

I think the game was over hyped purely because of all the controversy it had over the years trying to actually release (legal battles, the flooding , etc)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Dunno I'm watching Cohhcarnage on Twitch and it runs like a dream for him on PC.
    TotalBiscuit ran it on 1080p with a GTX 1080 (SLI goes RIP on this game) and he BARELY ran 60 fps in space depending on the amount of clutter.

10+ Year Old Account
    My 780 runs it quite well

Totalbiscuit just ended his stream. Said the game is boring as f***.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I think the game was over hyped purely because of all the controversy it had over the years trying to actually release (legal battles, the flooding , etc)
    No, it was overhyped because Sony put some major marketing muscle behind it (getting them on stage multiple times, getting them on Colbert etc.). The legal battles only came up recently, and the flooding was completely unrelated to any hype.

Those steam reviews...oh boy. Popcorn time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Typical launch stuff, imo. Though there are some things like FOV max being 100 but still looking quite small. Been watching TotalBiscuit stream it for the last 45mins or so and it's really not what I'd have expected, performance-wise.
    "Typical launch stuff" yet they probably knew this would happen considering they didn't send review copies.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    "Typical launch stuff" yet they probably knew this would happen considering they didn't send review copies.
    They didn't send them out because the game got a massive day 1 patch on Tuesday (for PS4) that added in a lot of stuff. Also, because the online discoveries etc. are a big part of the game, and servers need to be running etc. for those features to work.

Just like plenty of games that have major online components.

Or would you have rather media got to play "finished" builds before launch in a controlled environment where everything worked flawlessly, only to have servers break and the game shit itself at launch and everyone complain about paid reviews etc. (SimCity)?

This is typical launch stuff. Game not perfectly optimized on day 1? Yup, sounds very much like just about every major PC release nowadays.

Its such a shame, seems like the foundations are there to make a really cool game. They should have hired someone who knows how to put all that stuff together into a fun experience. You know like an actual game designer, seems like they just had some programmers, artists and a musician working on the game but no one who understands how to put all the ingredients together in a way that creates fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is interesting. I've never learned the blueprint for a hyperdrive. I got a free ship that had a hyperdrive already installed on it, and went about exploring. Several systems later, I trade in my ship for a better model...that has no hyperdrive. So I'm stuck for a long time in this particular system, hunting down blueprints and praying that one is for a hyperdrive...finally find one, hella expensive to make. Make it, turns out to NOT be a hyperdrive, but a hyperdrive UPGRADE...

-_-

Deleted
    Hey lads,

I have a few questions;

- Is the game as bad as some people make it out to be? (most the the dudes on the Steam forums)
    - Is it possible to play with the HOTAS in a shit and then switch to mouse and keyboard when running around?
    - Is the performance as bad as some streamers say? I mean, 50 fps on a Titan X isn't a positive thing, especially considering the pretty simplistic graphics. I have a 980Ti

I kinda want this game to be good, because the principles behind it seem fun. But I can't ignore all horrible reviews and especially when they come from a website I respect: RPS

Deleted
    No HOTAS support as of yet, game performance is terrible, and unless you like flying around an empty universe for hours on end, then the game isn't for you.

Avoid at all costs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'm guessing the game is more CPU limited than it is the graphics card. Due to the nature of it, having to construct the world via an algorithm (100% CPU dependent) does not make for fun times for the CPU. It'll be worse on Nvidia cards theoretically due to Nvidia drivers utilizing the CPU more on DX11 than AMD. Not sure if that's actually the case but that's my guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    Totalbiscuit just ended his stream. Said the game is boring as f***.
    i actually thought totalbiscuit died, wasn't aware he was even still doing gaming stuff

imo this game caters to a very specifc audience, but it had so much hype that its attracted people the game wasn't intended for, and unsurprisingly those people do not enjoy the game. i havent played the game and probably wont until its on sale, it looks like the type of game i might find it fun to waste a few nights on, but unless this game gets a lot more content i couldn't see myself playing this long term.

this is obviously just based off what ive seen of the game, but after seeing a few planets, it looks like you've seen them all, there doesnt look to be enough interesting things to find or enough variation in the planets to make me want to explore for hours on end.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i actually thought totalbiscuit died, wasn't aware he was even still doing gaming stuff

imo this game caters to a very specifc audience, but it had so much hype that its attracted people the game wasn't intended for, and unsurprisingly those people do not enjoy the game. i havent played the game and probably wont until its on sale, it looks like the type of game i might find it fun to waste a few nights on, but unless this game gets a lot more content i couldn't see myself playing this long term.

this is obviously just based off what ive seen of the game, but after seeing a few planets, it looks like you've seen them all, there doesnt look to be enough interesting things to find or enough variation in the planets to make me want to explore for hours on end.
    He had surgery to have it removed, but now he has a tumor on his liver and isn't curable.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Generaly speaking the game is not for everyone. Many people overhyped themselves or expected stuff this game won't provide. You need a proper mindset to enjoy the game. The game gives you a massive universe and You are the one responsible for making your own story, journey, tasks, missions, goals etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Well this is interesting. I've never learned the blueprint for a hyperdrive. I got a free ship that had a hyperdrive already installed on it, and went about exploring. Several systems later, I trade in my ship for a better model...that has no hyperdrive. So I'm stuck for a long time in this particular system, hunting down blueprints and praying that one is for a hyperdrive...finally find one, hella expensive to make. Make it, turns out to NOT be a hyperdrive, but a hyperdrive UPGRADE...

-_-
    Unfortunatelly this is a well known bug with the "pre-order ship". One of our polish webistes wrote about it http://www.gram.pl/news/2016/08/11/z...y-statek.shtml and they stated about the bug which You just had and suggested to readers to not activate the free pre-order ship because you will lose the quest for hyperdrive. It's probably ono the reddit too.
    Nevertheless it must be insanely infuriating exprience for many who preordered and don't know about this bug. It's like being trolled by the devs while you just want to have fun with their product. We can only wonder how many people fall victim to this bug.
    To avoid the bug, you first discover the hyperdrive, then use the pre-order ship code.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-08-12 at 07:04 PM.