Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drBricker View Post
    Since you predominantly play Alliance, you might not yet realize that we are rapidly running short on "other Horde leaders". Gallywix, Baine, Lor'themar and Ji all still use the standard player model and are rarely ever seen doing anything. This is going to be a Sylvanas expansion, for better or for worse.
    Yes haha. I did actually notice Gallywix with the invasion event and was somewhat saddened to see that he looks nothing like the way he has been described in books and even the art. Just a regular goblin.

But, ill admit, the story being focused on anyone other than Thrall, this time Sylvannas, i think will be good for the overall ark of the game. Perhaps we'll see some development of the forsaken and some more encampments and architecture horde side that isnt just sticks and hides. That would be nice too. For both factions haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It did seem rather out of character to be honest.
    Not really. Story line has him being no more than a man now since the elements refuse to listen to him. He's, at best, a mediocre Shaman now. All of his power came from others, not himself.

Quote Originally Posted by darkvexen View Post
    I think this is one of funniest things I have ever seen, and have busted out laughing multiple times watching the video

The great shaman, slayer of the Earth Warder, green Jesus, is on his knees begging for dear life after fighting a couple of demons.

EDIT:

alright I got that now, his power was severely weakend, but he could still form two land bridges.

My new question is, why did thrall do that after what he learned from drek'thar in draenor? And what was so bad about it, he killed a orc who corrupted a peaceful land with the heart of a old god. Mad at him for that, be all fine and dandy for killing deathwing?

this too.

And why didn't jainia use some cool wizard shit on the legion and make a portal for varyian? she did also make a ice bridge.

So many questions.
    I mean are you just posting to talk shit or did you not even bother to do the Horde side of the scenario? The reason Thrall is on the ground is because he takes 3 hits to the chest, from 3 separate cannons from the space ships.

Alliance Fanboy Hyperbole Alert!!!!!

Dude he took the demon capital ships lazers to the face for a good few seconds and didn't get turned into a puddle of goo. I'd love to see you do the same and not leave behind smoking boots.

The elements haven't abandoned Thrall.

He thinks they have because he's dealing with his guilt and sadness, but the one to turn tail isn't the elements it's Thrall.

Basically he needs to sort his shit and learn how to listen to the elements again. They haven't forsaken him at all, he's just being wishy-washy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    yea Thrall, the guy who had the elements turn their backs on him for using them to commit murder
    He didn't actually have the elements turn their backs on him for killing Garrosh. Nor was it murder. If the Elements didn't think he should do it, or felt it was wrong? Thrall couldn't have used them. A Dark Shaman could but if Thrall went Dark-Shaman, they'd talk about it. Hell, it doesn't seem even mildly likely that the Elements turned their back on him — he's probably just full of doubt about killing Garrosh (since Garrosh was right about Thrall failing him) and its his own self-doubt effecting him.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Alliance Fanboy Hyperbole Alert!!!!!.
    actually no, I don't have a single alliance character in my arsenal.
    Last edited by darkvexen; 2016-08-12 at 05:10 AM.

Deleted
    If he'd been the only character out of the horde and alliance leaders to be somehow able to hold off against the Legion then we'd have the forums on fire with cries about how Green Jesus strikes again. Blizzard seem damned no matter what they do with him.

I'm far more worried about Sylvanas suddenly looking all emotive and like she's giving a shit and shouting "Warchief!" emphatically when Vol'jin is stabbed. At the end of SOO she had "Warchief Vol'jin." Does it sound absurd to you? I, for one, certainly won't be taking orders from a troll." to say - Vol'jin hasn't really done much since then.

And don't get me started on Nathanos Blightcaller turning into that abominable looking thing in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Volendrung View Post
    "Couple of demons", "begging", "funniest thing I've ever seen"...

All the hyperbole.
    Ya, it makes it sound like Varian did something beastly and heroic in comparison, like single-handedly saving the entire Alliance warship and its passengers by jumping onto a demon 1000x his size and killing it by stabbing it in the face. But ya, Thrall was totally justified in his not-begging for his life in the face of the not-Stormwind keep sized demons.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Thrall got his /whoa hit hard.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Ya, it makes it sound like Varian did something beastly and heroic in comparison, like single-handedly saving the entire Alliance warship and its passengers by jumping onto a demon 1000x his size and killing it by stabbing it in the face. But ya, Thrall was totally justified in his not-begging for his life in the face of the not-Stormwind keep sized demons.
    yea and i imagine how peoples like you would have reacted if thrall was using it's usual power:

a) thrall summon a magma lord hand to block gul'dan and strike him with a thunder= oh my god green jesus is back bla bla bla.
    b) thrall summon a giant elemental lord that kill the giant void reaver and save alliance and varian ass = damn another thrall xpack, geen jesus and bla bla bla
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

So, wait... where is it in canon that the elements have effectively forsaken Thrall due to his "cheating" at the Mak'gora?

I must have missed something.

And otherwise ...yes, I agree that the writers had no clue how to handle Thrall, and instead of making him a badass, they made him a god-damn tragedy and gave him "his real name." Oh, ooh, ahh. Tragedies are fine, but there was much more potential here. But no, Thrall was poorly written as a great savior in Cataclysm instead of being important to the nation he founded ... then was sidelined and made into a "family man" who ignored the all too obvious downfall of the Horde until it was nearly too late.

I'm glad he's being written out. I'm done with this Thrall or Go'el or whatever he is.

Can we get a high res freeze-frame of Baine picking his green butt up off the ground? i.e. when the valkyr show up. At least Baine isn't a chump and the valkyr are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    So, wait... where is it in canon that the elements have effectively forsaken Thrall due to his "cheating" at the Mak'gora?

I must have missed something.

And otherwise ...yes, I agree that the writers had no clue how to handle Thrall, and instead of making him a badass, they made him a god-damn tragedy and gave him "his real name." Oh, ooh, ahh. Tragedies are fine, but there was much more potential here. But no, Thrall was poorly written as a great savior in Cataclysm instead of being important to the nation he founded ... then was sidelined and made into a "family man" who ignored the all too obvious downfall of the Horde until it was nearly too late.

I'm glad he's being written out. I'm done with this Thrall or Go'el or whatever he is.

Can we get a high res freeze-frame of Baine picking his green butt up off the ground? i.e. when the valkyr show up. At least Baine isn't a chump and the valkyr are awesome.
    from what i know the entire story is bound to the shaman artifact, basically the elements abandoning thrall is a plot device to make the doomhammer available to player.
    And Baine look like a level 10 flower vendor in mulgore that was mistakenly ported on the broken shore.
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was already laughing at weak Thrall, but then I saw this image: http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...1&d=1470870060

How does everyone seem to miss that right before he crawls. There were 3 ships firing their lazers at him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylinn View Post
    I was already laughing at weak Thrall, but then I saw this image: http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...1&d=1470870060

Top kek!(add a million more keks there)

Wow, what just happened? I read the first page of this thread and all of a sudden I feel as if my IQ dropped by 30%.

oh god almighty, that's hilarious.

but seriously though, thrall did get laser beamed by three space ships, so it wasn't like he got stuck by trash mobs like varian and vol'jin.

Deleted
    Can you imagine the whiny bitching from Alliance players if The Horde looked badass once again?

Well done Blizz, throwing those kids a bone.

that is basically all the horde fans since pandaria