Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    The starters seem to generaly have bad IV values, the highest I got after all this time is a 60% charmander..
    I've now got a 65 blastoise with WATER GUN! ... and flash cannon -_-
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Definitely. It starts at 1. Level 2 requires 2000 xp, which you get by putting your pokemon in. It opens a new slot. Level 3 requires 4000 xp, which you get again the same way (putting your next pokemon in brings it up from 2000 to 4000). This opens a third slot. Put your third one in brings it to 6000 xp, but the next level requires 8000. If you bolster it up to 8000, you can put a pokemon in to instantly gain another 2000xp, bringing it to 10,000. But level 5 requires 12,000. It takes more later on. Level 7 dings at 20,000, but you need 30,000 for level 8. You have to do a lot of grinding and I notice most people don't bother getting to 8. 7 is convenient enough. Fortifying gyms past that point is just... a pain and a potion sink.

The main benefit to group attacking is that you can kill things quicker, and thus you need to heal much less. A group of 3 could take out all the pokemon in a gym using a single pokemon each, and they may not even lose half health. However, it still only drops the gym XP by the amount that one person would have done. Just saves resources, which is good.
    Ah, cheers for the info, didn't know that.

The starters seem to generaly have bad IV values, the highest I got after all this time is a 60% charmander..
    which could be because they dont get good attack values, either by design or by some bug.

but look at this for example, I was hunting their nests today, this is what I got...

what are the odds of getting 18 bulbasaurs and not once rolling over 3 attack? ...
    I wish I could do the same for squirtles and charmanders, but we dont have their nests here

Whelp, I've got two iv93 charizards. One is wingattack/fireblast (BIS) and the other is ember/dragonclaw. I <3 muh charizards.

Someone told me that Starters can NOT have an IV score higher than 70 in the wild. Only from eggs can you get IV 71-100

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Whelp, I've got two iv93 charizards. One is wingattack/fireblast (BIS) and the other is ember/dragonclaw. I <3 muh charizards.
    Were those captured or evolved? Were the evolves from eggs or capture?

Also Im hearing the first real ban wave has gone out.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    The tracker will use pokestops to give you a clue of the pokemon location.
    If you don't have pokestops around you, I guess you can try this:

Imo, a rubbish system =/
    That's pretty much what we had to do with the step tracker system they had before, except it was easier cause steps would change with numbers.

The new tracking system is complete garbage.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Someone told me that Starters can NOT have an IV score higher than 70 in the wild. Only from eggs can you get IV 71-100

Were those captured or evolved? Were the evolves from eggs or capture?

Also Im hearing the first real ban wave has gone out.
    Those were from eggs.
    If I get banned, it's going to cost them monies haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know of a website or something that may help me find different nests in my area?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    which could be because they dont get good attack values, either by design or by some bug.

but look at this for example, I was hunting their nests today, this is what I got...
    [/IMG]

what are the odds of getting 18 bulbasaurs and not once rolling over 3 attack? ...
    I wish I could do the same for squirtles and charmanders, but we dont have their nests here
    Thanks for posting that mate, I think niantec did that on purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Thats interesting. I'm gonna check when I hatch a few of the 2km eggs.

There is this corner that has 5 pokemon up at any given time, pretty much. Been going there frequently. There's curbside parking, and I've been driving there. Today, some old guy came to my car and asked why I was taking pictures and that his wife was very distressed. I told him what I was doing, and he told me to not come back there, and was writing down my license plate. I know I can legally park along the road there and he doesn't own that street. I left anyway because I didn't feel like dealing with him any longer, but I'm not sure if I should not go back, or if I should tell him to bugger off and do what I can legally do.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is this corner that has 5 pokemon up at any given time, pretty much. Been going there frequently. There's curbside parking, and I've been driving there. Today, some old guy came to my car and asked why I was taking pictures and that his wife was very distressed. I told him what I was doing, and he told me to not come back there, and was writing down my license plate. I know I can legally park along the road there and he doesn't own that street. I left anyway because I didn't feel like dealing with him any longer, but I'm not sure if I should not go back, or if I should tell him to bugger off and do what I can legally do.
    I mean if he actually calls the cops just tell the cop you said you were playing Pokemon GO when they came out to talk to you. then the idiot will likely get a fine for calling them. :P
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I mean if he actually calls the cops just tell the cop you said you were playing Pokemon GO when they came out to talk to you. then the idiot will likely get a fine for calling them. :P
    Would they? Or would they tell me to leave too? Not sure I want to get into an argument with a police officer, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would they? Or would they tell me to leave too? Not sure I want to get into an argument with a police officer, honestly.
    I'd assume so anyway. Even if you just park a bit more out of the way where you can still catch the Pokemon, but aren't adjacent to that person's property.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I'd assume so anyway. Even if you just park a bit more out of the way where you can still catch the Pokemon, but aren't adjacent to that person's property.
    I don't even know which house is his, but I was on the other side of the street the last time when he approached me. Pretty presumptuous and paranoid to think that out of all the houses there or other things I could be doing, I'm looking specifically at him.

If he approaches you again offer to call the cops for him. That usually calls their bluff.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I see these rumors but have only seen a couple legit bans. Mostly from people who bot stupidly. (teleporting large distances or running 24/7)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    I see these rumors but have only seen a couple legit bans. Mostly from people who bot stupidly. (teleporting large distances or running 24/7)
    exactly they arent going to catch people who are spoofing smartly
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    My god, I've joined a PokeGO Portuguese group on facebook and holy shit...

I know this is the internet and this kind of behavior has been around since ever, but god damn… maybe I thought that by showing their real faces or something it would be a little different or something… every time someone shares a picture of a GYM with a +2k CP Pokémon the person is almost thrown into a woodpile and burned for his/her not even committed sins, people flaming each other for such pitiful things.

… and apparently it’s hard to understand that there is a huge difference between “understand why many use cheats such as Fake GPS” and “yeah, cheating is cool, everyone should cheat!”.
    The group I'm in literally became a circlejerk of "Niantic is great, nothing is wrong with the game!".

I kid you not, they even start insulting people who even put out a single complaint about the game. It's ridiculously hostile but they don't seem to see that just because they're overly kind to those who agree with them.

So I've been smashing this game pretty hard as a rural player and I'm like level 12 after a week. Haven't done any botting or anything. Sucks that I have to either drive or walk into town for about 1km before I get any kind of consistent spawn. As far as I know the spawns work based on how much geolocational activity there is; maybe they should tweak that up a bit.

Would be nice if there were less red team shitters in my town. They zerging everything. Some asshole level 30 guy who puts a dragonite on every gym. Maybe if I can level up more I'll be able to do more, I'm sitting on a bunch of 300-500 CP pokemon with a 770 Snorlax and every red gym gets stacked up with a bunch of 1000+. I don't know if this will end up ultimately being an advantage for our team through easy leveling by sacking their stuff.

Yellow team is nonexistent lol.

I think it would be super cool if there were some kind of tools that allowed users to mark walking tracks or ingame tools to create pokestops and gyms. There is a 1k walking track in one of the nature parks in town and I want to put a gym smack bang in the middle so that it's impossible to just drive there, you have to walk in to access the gym. Would also be cool if you could release pokemon to create nests, or otherwise create populated areas.

Would also be great to see some of the other generations come in, especially ones which counter the current meta. In particular, would love to see Magnezone and Gardevoir, I think a tanky electric type and a strong Fairy type would go quite well.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.