Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    Varrian is too big of a character to just kill off like that,
    Which is why he just needs to stay dead. He sacrificed himself saving several important members of the alliance and a bunch of soldiers(and the player), let him RIP.
    Cool as a cucumber.

He exploded into a million pieces man

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    He did explode, but he could be a fel skeleton or something. And the flame dying from Shablagoo only means that Varian was "lost to the light", becoming corrupted by Fel and now its slave.
    We saw a green cloud thing, could have been expelled from the cracks. He wouldn't be the first to live with glowy green fel cracks in his skin.

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    By ash do you mean the cloud that explodes outward from either Varian or what's left of Varian? Cause I totally agree they couldn't have gone more graphic, this is a "family" game. However we don't see his body "loose structural integrity". I've seen a lot of animated deaths. There's the "it's just a robot we can rip it's spine out" kind, there's the "fade into sparkles kind", there the "so long as we don't show viscera we're safe" kind, there's the "blood doesn't exist in this universe" kind. There are lots of ways to do it more definitively yet they cut before showing a pile of ash or what have you. I think Blizz wants us speculating. Also this is fun! It's one part hopefulness one part genre savyness on my part.

Also Anyone else think Fel-tainted Varian sounds badass?! I'm hoping for actually still a good guy but with demon powers. *squee*
    It just doesnt have blood. You cant have blood but thats all. I dont think blizz wants us to speculate.. gul'dan was pretty clear he was going to kill him just for fun
    Last edited by Musta; 2016-08-12 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    It just doesnt have blood. You cant have blood but thats all. I dont think blizz wants us to speculate.. gul'dan was pretty clear he was going to kill him just for fun
    I disagree.

Deleted
    if i were guldan i would have destroyed his body and kept his soul.

pretty standard procedure for the legion to offer important prisoners to their higher ups to gain favor/rewards, but guldan is smart enough that if he keeps his body alive the risk of escape/resque is to great.

with the soul kept, new bodies of all kinds are possible eventually. (his own body recreated in nether, a legion machine body, entrapped in something lich king style, kept around banshee style, put in someone elses body, etc)
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-08-12 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    I disagree.
    You have every right to.

- - - Updated - - -

And guys... Varians dead, get over it =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Only if he comes back riding Wrathion.
    Okay, I cannot read this sentence without seeing it as innuendo...

Deleted
    the red woman can bring him back!

I guess Varian will be a Legendary artifact,

Gather 9997 pieces of Varian on Broken Shore to start the chain quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    So he's basically Bolvar now?
    Nope, he's literally dust blown into the wind at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naveyo View Post
    the red woman can bring him back!
    Even a Red Woman can't bring him back from that death.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    He exploded, man.
    Deathwing exploded too, that didn't prevent us fighting parts of him...

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Deathwing exploded too, that didn't prevent us fighting parts of him...
    Now I want to see Madness of Wrynn as the last boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghost Varian amiright.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    sure right after the quest to pick up his 1000000000000000000000 pieces
    and 10,000 nightfallen ears, 2000 scraps of fel weekly magazine, and 35 vials of thrall tears

end boss no but i'm unsure that his soul has been destroyed, given the LK is doing a cameo e Sylvanas is Warchief in legion i can see a possibility of him being ressed as DK
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrealness View Post
    and 10,000 nightfallen ears, 2000 scraps of fel weekly magazine, and 35 vials of thrall tears
    you got that right mate

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    end boss no but i'm unsure that his soul has been destroyed, given the LK is doing a cameo e Sylvanas is Warchief in legion i can see a possibility of him being ressed as DK
    bolvar sits in ice crown if you didnt know, and sylvanas cant rise dust.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    Interesting. But I have serious doubts anything like this will happen. Have you seen the Harbringer short featuring him ? We get a look at him in the future and he's certainly not become evil.

It could be a diversion, but usually, what you see is what you get.
    I didn't notice Anduin in the Harbringer, but I remembered this the other day:

The last thing Varian says to the Horde at the end of SoO is that he wasn't going to massacre them there because some of them helped defeat Garrosh, but if they "failed to uphold honor" that he would destroy them.

Greymane gonna be all up in Anduin's ear.

That's the thing about the Legion. We aren't just fighting for Azeroth and survival, we're also fighting for our souls. I have not done any of the quests or watched artifact / storyline videos outside of warlock(my main) related ones, so I don't know for sure but... Warriors basically get Valhalla right?

Why is Varian not in warrior Valhalla? I know it's a Vrykul thing, but aren't we going to be seeing some alliance/horde heroes in there too? Maybe someone who's done it in beta might chime in on this. If the latter is true, then where did Varian's soul go?