Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    So, in other words: you are arguing semantics.

Speaking of which: the situation in regards to "needing 3rd party input" is actually better in FF.
    In WoW you are crippled w/o some addons, esp if you want to raid mythic, making them completely mandatory.
    In FF, ACT is a nice to have for sure but most certainly not mandatory.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm wouldn't go that far.
    ACT was pretty much "install/DL plugin -> add firewall exception -> run as admin -> works" for me.
    Bold ones are a must BTW, ACT won't say a peep w/o them.
    The steps I encountered made no mention of firewall exceptions, so I'll look into that. Thanks.

Course, never had to do that for Recount, which goes back to the point I meant to make, but also goes to show my lack of time in having fiddled with ACT is also to blame, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you get the message about the firewall and admin privileges when you press the "test connection" button and happen to forget either of the 2.

Speaking of game addons, I've heard of some sort of chat filtering program? Anyone know anything about it, where a safe download location is? I keep most of the botspam at bay staying on Busy, but I'd rather that not be my only avenue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    It's called hunting retainer.

Really, though, the skinner/trapper idea would be great. But would it boil down to be some sort of hybrid gatherer/combat class? Or would it be something akin to where they find "nodes" that happen to be dead animals or whatever?
    Always imagined the nodes would be traps that have been set out and you can select what you want from it like other nodes.

If I understood correctly he desired Asuna from the beginning, even before the SAO incident, but knew she didn't like him. he resisted violating her in her helpless form for a while but ultimately succumbed to the temptation (esp since he could torture Kirito with it).

I still agree with you that the whole rapey-scene was completely unnecessary and they could have made him a much more interesting villain if he built a world in which Asuna had been happy, yet still trapped her.
    Oh, we're on two different parts. I meant the climax of Gun Gale online was a retread of that Asuna plot that made less to no sense.
    HE'S the one that's ranting towards a murder/suicide "together in the next world" (due to not coping with real life after years trapped in virtual reality).

The guy that had Asuna prisoner at least was obsessed with having her, so his at least made sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you mean THAT rape scene.
    Yeah I agree that and him wanting to kill Shinon made absolutely 0 sense outside of the "If I can't have her, no one shall have her ever!" realm.

Though the drooling constant repetition of her name and Kirito brawling in real life for a change + the Ghetto-Blaster K.O move made me chuckle.

The scene itself is quite traumatic though. Imagine having one of the few persons you can trust and call "friend" turn against you like that.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-08-12 at 02:41 PM.

sate my own curiousity on what makes dungeon/raid runs take so much/little time
    Be prepared to realize exactly how bad some members of the community are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    *chuckle*

Oooh yes.
    Case in point: just fought the frog boss in Antitower for a whopping 15 Minutes because both DPS thought dodging circles as a frog is hard.

Oh you mean THAT rape scene.
    Yeah I agree that and him wanting to kill Shinon made absolutely 0 sense outside of the "If I can't have her, no one shall have her ever!" realm.

Though the drooling constant repetition of her name and Kirito brawling in real life for a change + the Ghetto-Blaster K.O move made me chuckle.

The scene itself is quite traumatic though. Imagine having one of the few persons you can trust and call "friend" turn against you like that.
    I mean I thought when he tried to get on top of her, seeming more sexual than murderous, THAT made no sense.

It was clear the 2 years in a VR world had affected him and he hadn't been able to readjust to the real world (as you mentioned earlier, losing oneself to VR). His grip on sanity had slipped to thinking if he and Simone died in this world, they'd respawn together in another world more like SAO had been. It wasn't "if I can't have her, no one ever will" so much as a darker, and one-sided, Romeo/Juliet mentality of death in this world will let us be together in a better one.

Which is why turning suddenly sexual made no sense other than "let's just randomly making him a creepy villain" (and possibly easier excuse to buy time for Kirito to save the day). If he's given up on this world having any meaning, his goal (and his building crescendo in his ramblings) were culminating towards a murder/suicide, not "let's get it on before we go."

Buuuut others are right, this veered off topic and I'll drop it here. I should be keeping thread on track, but let this one bend since the MMO aspect makes a little .hack, SAO, Log Horizon discussion sit on the outer edge of relevant.

I'd much rather be in a Log Horizon situation in Eorzea though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'd much rather be in a Log Horizon situation in Eorzea though.
    I don't know about that.
    Eorzea is, if you really think about it, a rather rough and cruel place.

Sure we see all kinds of horrors as players and nilly willy play through them, but I guess most of us would have a psychic breakdown if we encountered these horrors ourselves (including them being a real threat).

Sometimes I wonder how muh suffering Ifalnas large, lovely eyes have seen. How many people died under her hands w/o her being able to help?

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Fear not, for my kitchen (and the can of salt that resides there) is only a couple of seconds away!

10+ Year Old Account
    can of salt
    Can ... *chuckles* a can....

Honey, either go keg or sack.
    A can won't even get you through one City of QQ-land run.

Can ... *chuckles* a can....

Honey, either go keg or sack.
    A can won't even get you through one City of QQ-land run.
    Well if I ever need more salt, that's what Reddit is for.

Only trouble I've ever run into with WC is with people (tanks specifically) bailing after they get loot and having to wait for replacements...iodized salt, I suppose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Naah none of that funky crap.

Good old sea salt will do.

I do agree that bailing people are annoying in FF. Sometimes I wish "in progress run" was not an option but forced like it is in WoW. >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    As I like to say, World of Darkness turned me into a salt mine but Weeping City turned me into a salt moor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    As I like to say, World of Darkness turned me into a salt mine but Weeping City turned me into a salt moor.
    Next up the ocean?

Our group carried Ozma somehow in an WC we did... it was weird and annoying. We did the last 15-20% with us and like half another group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Our group carried Ozma somehow in an WC we did... it was weird and annoying. We did the last 15-20% with us and like half another group.
    Not bad. You must have been lucky, if you get the cube and 2/3 tanks are down the lasers alone nuke people faster than you can heal. >.<

Naah none of that funky crap.

Good old sea salt will do.

I do agree that bailing people are annoying in FF. Sometimes I wish "in progress run" was not an option but forced like it is in WoW. >.<
    Then there's the whole "the item that I need drops off first/second boss" thing and you have those new people who just instantly leave. I would know, I've had it happen more than once.

Downloaded and installed the Guildwork Client. Ah, blessed silence. No more RMT tells or says. I can stop bothering with blacklisting the alphabet soup bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then there's the whole "the item that I need drops off first/second boss" thing and you have those new people who just instantly leave. I would know, I've had it happen more than once.
    Sure but finding people as replacement would go a lot faster in general.