Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Given this overall forums continued lean towards World of Warcraft content people attacking other MMO's is allowed. There is a difference between constructive criticism and bitching for the sake of bitching like Wonky has been doing. He was banned for a good reason from the official forums.

I saw his type ride Aions nuts for 2+ years after they quit just for the sake of trying to make sure everyone else hated the game. Wonky has appointed himself the official Criticizer In-chief of Rift and his mission in life is to tell me why I should never give Trion any money ever.
    Problem is as well there are people who take it on themselves to defend Rift like it is their god. Rift isn't exclusive to this issue either. WoW, FF14, GW2 you name it has people white knighting the game. There are always 2 sides to this sort of thing sadly. I don't hate Rift itself I just hate some of the decisions Trion has made regarding Rift. Bashing the game outright is stupid I agree with you but praising it like it is God itself and it can do no wrong is stupid as well.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-08-12 at 06:02 PM.

Trion needs to be more clear obviously with the direction of their business model. In that other thread that got shut down I did link a video where they addressed there apparent move to the GW B2P model. F2P does not seem to be working out given the level of content this player base expects.

They are trying some strange F2P, B2P, P2P thing now and it is obviously not working. I am not giving them a pass by any means but I am also not acting like they just back handed my kid.
    GW2 B2P model is significantly different though. Yea you can make the next expansion cost something but with GW2 the previous expansion (in this case the base game and next expansion it will include HoT) is free (much like what WoW does now). Trion is still making you pay $40 for each soul pack and you are still a second class citizen unless you pay for a sub (which GW2 does not have).

It's an expensive game at this point. Hell ESO lets new players by pass all the extra DLC costs by just paying an active subscription. Trion nickles and dimes it's customers till their gone. Even if you buy the game you are still a second class citizen and it was never like this before.
    Last edited by zito; 2016-08-12 at 06:18 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Given this overall forums continued lean towards World of Warcraft content people attacking other MMO's is allowed.
    No it's not. Criticism of any game on the site is fine, but "attacking" games is not.

There is a difference between constructive criticism and bitching for the sake of bitching like Wonky has been doing.
    If you feel someone is posting just to trash a game (again, against forum rules) rather than be critical, report them.

He was banned for a good reason from the official forums.
    Can't speak to Wocky, but having personally received a permaban there for a post critical of some of the changes Trion made that was within all rules and broke none (hell, it wasn't even sarcastic!) and the constant reports of bans for critical posts that were within their forum rules, I wouldn't be surprised if it was him being critical alone that got a ban. Got my ban reversed after getting Brasse to poke Ocho, who gave me some kind of "warning" but couldn't point to any reason for why my post would have triggered a permaban (never received any infractions/bans on their forums before), or any kind of moderator action at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Can't speak to Wocky, but having personally received a permaban there for a post critical of some of the changes Trion made that was within all rules and broke none (hell, it wasn't even sarcastic!) and the constant reports of bans for critical posts that were within their forum rules, I wouldn't be surprised if it was him being critical alone that got a ban. Got my ban reversed after getting Brasse to poke Ocho, who gave me some kind of "warning" but couldn't point to any reason for why my post would have triggered a permaban (never received any infractions/bans on their forums before), or any kind of moderator action at all.
    Maybe you did not watch his 30 minute rant video but I did. The points about the shift from F2P to B2P are 100% beyond justified and deserves a well defined post from Trion explaining to the playerbase how this will affect their experience.

The other parts of the video where he goes in and tries to use Steam stats to justify that the game is dying because of these changes is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's an expensive game at this point. Hell ESO lets new players by pass all the extra DLC costs by just paying an active subscription. Trion nickles and dimes it's customers till their gone. Even if you buy the game you are still a second class citizen and it was never like this before.
    I believe they have crossed a fine line in the sand and addressed it in the video and should do further as explained above to Edge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you did not watch his 30 minute rant video but I did. The points about the shift from F2P to B2P are 100% beyond justified and deserves a well defined post from Trion explaining to the playerbase how this will affect their experience.
    That was a "rant" video? Really? You thought that was a "rant" ? Wow. Shame. Let me guess, one of those sensitive guys who needed a #SafeSpace at school?

The other parts of the video where he goes in and tries to use Steam stats to justify that the game is dying because of these changes is just silly.
    Well, did you watch the video where Trion slipped up and posted all active players for a month-long event? Rift Steam appears to be at least 1/4 to 1/5 of the population. People neglect to mention that Steam charts shows active Rift players before it went on steam. You know why? People used it as a launcher. Those stats are relevant.

Did you watch the video where I made 25 points (from the forums) where they could improve / save the game?

It goes beyond anecdotal evidence that people are disgruntled when guilds with 5000 players have 15~20 people logging on each day.

Rift is not dead, but it is most certainly not doing it's best to improve the playerbase.

Wonky has appointed himself the official Criticizer In-chief of Rift and his mission in life is to tell me why I should never give Trion any money ever.
    Oh, really? So, "the Anti-Trion" ? Or maybe a guy who enjoys reporting on dissent in any community? Or, you know, I could post thousands of bland PvP videos?

Guys like me got void stones returned from credits only, not like another youtuber that acted like a clapping seal and tried to justify them when they did it. Heck, even Seatin says he doesn't know WTF is up with Trion in his first Video Blog.

If you don't complain, nothing ever changes. None of my videos ever ask for people to be fired. I do make light of their CM's.

Their main issue is lack of communication.
    Like yesterday, they switched ALL regions to US$ based - increasing player costs on Steam by 4x in some regions. No notification prior to this whatsoever, but after I tweeted them, an explanation was made in 5 minutes or so.

I have hopes this TrionBrasse CM is a step in the right direction.

They all heavily criticize bad decisions and demand Trion restore trust. I did a video on many other MMO's in the past when they did the same. I also generally delete / hide videos when they've served their purpose or if I change my mind.

But, you be you.

ps. Thanks for the promotional thread you made for me! <3
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-08-12 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    People neglect to mention that Steam charts shows active Rift players before it went on steam. You know why? People used it as a launcher. Those stats are relevant.
    Erm, do you mean using Steam to launch the Glyph launcher for the game rather than the actual Steam native version? Because if so, I'm about 90% sure that is not tracked on Steamcharts, as that only pulls data for games native to Steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm, do you mean using Steam to launch the Glyph launcher for the game rather than the actual Steam native version? Because if so, I'm about 90% sure that is not tracked on Steamcharts, as that only pulls data for games native to Steam.
    Yup, it is. Go check. Came to Steam October 2013 - has data prior from like 2012 or so. Went F2P in June 2013.

http://steamcharts.com/app/39120#All

Yup, it is. Go check. Came to Steam October 2013 - has data prior from like 2012 or so. Went F2P in June 2013.
    The game was sold on Steam while it had a subscription, though.

https://mods.curse.com/news/rift/155...-9-99-on-steam

So anyone that had the game through that could continue to play natively through Steam. The game was pulled before F2P (IIRC, similar to other MMO's) and then relaunched with F2P.

So that would account for the Steam player numbers prior to the F2P launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game was sold on Steam while it had a subscription, though.

https://mods.curse.com/news/rift/155...-9-99-on-steam

So anyone that had the game through that could continue to play natively through Steam. The game was pulled before F2P (IIRC, similar to other MMO's) and then relaunched with F2P.

So that would account for the Steam player numbers prior to the F2P launch.
    Interesting. I thought they reported like 250,000 extra players when it went to Steam. I only saw the spike at F2P.

Shows how quickly memory fades.

Interesting. I thought they reported like 250,000 extra players when it went to Steam. I only saw the spike at F2P.

Shows how quickly memory fades.
    Yeah, F2P caused a big spike overall, including on Steam. But none of the Steam trackers show non-Steam native games, as those don't actually interact with the API that they pull data from IIRC.

It was never a huge hit on Steam either way, but it didn't need to be. Launch was super successful and F2P was super successful, but Trion had/has problems sustaining both.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only they had an 'Essentials' pack that covered nearly everything the entitled felt they were "forced" to buy for a tidy price of $/€49.99........

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    If only they had an 'Essentials' pack that covered nearly everything the entitled felt they were "forced" to buy for a tidy price of $/€49.99........

If only Rift had more active players than my WoW Guild.

Edit: The point obviously being, that charging $50 bucks for souls, not all of which are decent or even wanted seems a bit greedy when the active user base in the game is sub-10k and not 'my game is better than your game'.
    Last edited by Mercane; 2016-08-13 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    If only Rift had more active players than my WoW Guild.

This drive by comment is relevant to this Thread exactly how?

10+ Year Old Account

/snip
    That pack was (sort of) reasonable before B2P was announced.

That should now be part of one B2P pack, not sold separately.

US$50 PLUS a minimum of US$40 for DLC/expansion - which you basically "have" to buy to level to endgame?

So, US$90 for entry to the game missing some of the talent trees/souls? - so essentially incomplete calling/classes?
    I would say that most new RIFT customers will not consider that a bargain when that is the price of most other MMO's collectors editions.

And you still don't get: Ascended Souls - what are they - another US$35?

They need to commit go B2P and bite the bullet and have a once off payment of US$50
    for everything included in that pack, plus all soul packs, including new DLC.

So, with that pack, it's US$125 for all the souls, new DLC, and the unfinished Primalist class, good deal? No.
    US$50 is in a more market-related entry price range.

If you're B2P, you should have three options:
    1. US$50 BASE Edition - include all content, base 4 callings/souls, DLC's, ALL souls, 4 x bag slots, character unlocks
    2. US$60 Standard Edition - include all content, base 4 callings/souls, DLC's, ALL souls, 4 x bag slots, character unlocks + Primalist
    3. US$95 Deluxe Edition - include all content, base 4 callings/souls, DLC's, ALL souls, 4 x bag slots, character unlocks + Primalist + Fluffy stuff, portraits, mounts, 30 days patron, etc.

I dare anyone to argue that US$50 is not a more reasonable price for a entry in a B2P game when compared to other B2P mmo prices.

Breaking a calling/class into optional talent tree/soul packs on the store is just plain silly.
    We all know RIFT is not alt-friendly, so if you play one class / calling, that's essentially US$35 for one frigging talent tree!
    Make new classes/callings optional purchases, but NOT individual souls/talent trees!

Also, I'm going to refrain from calling it an "expansion", but rather a DLC as it is (at release):
    4 Zones (1 added later),
    2 Dungeons
    No raids (1 x 10 man added later)
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-08-13 at 01:13 PM. Reason: too verbose

Except the pack is gone now and the game is no longer F2P. Since it's B2P it should be given to the people who buy the expansion or at the very least freaken keep the pack around forever and it doesn't even have everything.

The pack is called rift "essentials" except it doesn't have everything you need.
    Last edited by zito; 2016-08-13 at 11:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the pack is gone now and the game is no longer F2P. Since it's B2P
    **coughs**

RIFT STORE AND SERVICES

* Rogue Synergy Crystals no longer appear when filtering by Warrior or Primalist.
    * The option to purchased Earring Slots and Planewalker: Water for Voidstones has returned! Both can be purchased for 50,000 Voidstones each.
    * The time limit to purchase the RIFT: Essentials Edition has been removed. It can be found in the RIFT Store under the DLC category.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5235208

Game is still F2P until Expansion is released.

**coughs**

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5235208

Game is still F2P until Expansion is released.
    Yet it's still incomplete? And you're still a second class citizen with or without the expansion. Don't purposely ignore points and only pick 1 to counter.

They made a bundle? Great. It still doesn't have everything you need and it's still over priced with souls from years ago. You need over 100$ and to subscribe $15 a month to not be a second class citizen. The game gets worse as time goes on as they will sell more and more stuff, not discount them or make features base line.

Earrings shouldn't even be sold at this point the only reason they are debating about making them baseline is because they'll lose money.

10+ Year Old Account
    It still doesn't have everything you need and it's still over priced with souls from years ago. You need over 100$ and to subscribe $15 a month to not be a second class citizen
    Do you walk into a restaurant thinking "I need everything on the menu? of course not, same as you don't need everything on any game's Store, funny how those "second class citizens" are quite happy to play for the past 3 years without ever spending a penny, all a matter of priorities, this isn't the Queen Appreciation Society singing "I want it all".

Do you walk into a restaurant thinking "I need everything on the menu? of course not, same as you don't need everything on any game's Store, funny how those "second class citizens" are quite happy to play for the past 3 years without ever spending a penny, all a matter of priorities, this isn't the Queen Appreciation Society singing "I want it all".
    That is a horrible analogy. This isn't a restaurant this is a video game. No you don't need everything on the game store. I never said you did. I said it was ironic that the "essential pack" doesn't have everything you essentially need and no F2P players are not happy because they are second class citizens, that's the whole point of the conversation, if they were happy this topic never would of shown up.

Continue to pick and choose points while ignoring others, won't get you anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your exact words were "it still doesn't have everything you need"..just what do you need so? every calling can perform all roles between them but if you absolutely need to insist on having an oddball role like a Mage tank or a Rogue/Warrior healer then you buy them, there is nothing stopping anyone from tanking on a Warrior, a Cleric or a Rogue with the free souls. Same goes for healer, Cleric and Mages have totally free souls just for healing.

A F2P player has access to 8 out of 11 souls for free on all the callings except Primalist, only people that insist they must have absolutely everything to "enjoy" the game think otherwise.