Thread: No Man's Sky

This game will be in the bargain bucket in a few months. The dev team is way too small to fix this game up in a reasonable amount of time. And by fix up I mean add much needed features and QOL changes as well as bug fixing. I don't know much about game development but 15 people to develop, test and support a game of such wide scope for two platforms doesn't seem enough to me. The possibilities for this game are huge but I don't think they're capable of delivering right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those pc 'reviews' are serious ouch.

Early access indie game priced as a AAA quality game. Game even manages to beat Bethesda in the bug department.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Early access indie game priced as a AAA quality game. Game even manages to beat Bethesda in the bug department.
    I am seriously laughing at your 'AAA' quality....just like warner bros and their Batman...

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I am seriously laughing at your 'AAA' quality....just like warner bros and their Batman...
    Well, if you put your bar that high, not many companies do AAA games these days... I'd immediately count out basically all EA and Ubisoft titles outright.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

And they got slammed hard for it as well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    And they got slammed hard for it as well...
    Yeah, so whats so amazing about 'AAA quality' when we consistently see that the term AAA is meaningless when it comes to quality?

Yeah, so whats so amazing about 'AAA quality' when we consistently see that the term AAA is meaningless when it comes to quality?
    It's not meaningless. When games like NMS or Batman fail to live up to it then it's just that. Them failing. It doesn't lower the value of "AAA Quality". "AAA Quality" just means top tier quality. If a game fails to live up to it like Batman then it isn't AAA quality. AAA production != AAA quality.

So question popped to mind: What track record does Hello Games have? Because up until NMS, I've never heard of them, nor have I heard of the Joe Danger series (their only other games). Maybe I've been under a MMO-shaped rock for too long.

What I'm getting at is that I'm sitting here thinking "what all has this developer made that would warranty them charging AAA price for their games? Do they have some sort of previous track record that screams 'slam dunk'?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Batman Arkham Knight for PC launch was horrible.
    Understatement :P I think WB set the record for years to come with arkham knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    He had surgery to have it removed, but now he has a tumor on his liver and isn't curable.
    That seems odd.
    The liver can regrow, so in theory excising a tumor from it should be one of the easiest things to deal with
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    That seems odd.
    The liver can regrow, so in theory excising a tumor from it should be one of the easiest things to deal with
    Often when you excise from a liver you remove a lobe or lobes, that leaves you with fewer lobes, these regenerate to replace the MASS lost but you no longer have the same number oflobes. So while its great and the liver functions well, if you get the cancer back you have fewer lobes which are the basis for regneration, so if you remove more lobes you're getting less chance at regrowth. My Grandma has 1 lobe full of cancer and so is screwed, removing the lobe she has is tantamount to removing the whole liver. She's too old to have a liver transplant, so she's palliative.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the status of the multiplayer aspect?

I think 2 people met, but couldn't see each other? I wouldn't be surprised if your character didn't even have a body.

I'm guessing the only multiplayer part is, you can visit already named planets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

I think 2 people met, but couldn't see each other? I wouldn't be surprised if your character didn't even have a body.

Pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account

Iirc the devs said the not being able to see each other was a bug, also that they're surprised that people were already meeting (or should be)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Played the last 4 hours on PC without any issue, and I'm having a blast so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Played the last 4 hours on PC without any issue, and I'm having a blast so far.
    Yeah the issues seem split.. some have no issues.. think the PC version is performing far better than the PS4 one and are having fun.

A lot of other people are having lots of issues and have given up.

- - - Updated - - -

When Sean was doing interviews where he was asked "Can players meet up" and got a "Well yes but it's virtually impossible" reply.. I became very suspicious. It makes no sense to me for a gaming company to code multiplayer support only to then lock it away for virtually no players to ever experience. Didn't buy it. At the very least you'd want to be able to invite your PS4 friends or whatever to warp to your location and explore together.

The question is were they forced to remove the feature because they couldn't get it to work.. or was it always a shady deception because they hated the idea of having to admit their massive shared universe was actually a single player game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Yeah the issues seem split.. some have no issues.. think the PC version is performing far better than the PS4 one and are having fun.

A lot of other people are having lots of issues and have given up.

- - - Updated - - -

When Sean was doing interviews where he was asked "Can players meet up" and got a "Well yes but it's virtually impossible" reply.. I became very suspicious. It makes no sense to me for a gaming company to code multiplayer support only to then lock it away for virtually no players to ever experience. Didn't buy it. At the very least you'd want to be able to invite your PS4 friends or whatever to warp to your location and explore together.

The question is were they forced to remove the feature because they couldn't get it to work.. or was it always a shady deception because they hated the idea of having to admit their massive shared universe was actually a single player game.
    I am pretty much going to give up trying to play for the weekend. I'll check back in a week. I've got the crash when starting issue. I've done all that I can to try and rectify it. Uninstall/Reinstall, updated drivers, got an old redistribution package, nothing. This is basically Black Ops for PC levels of bad.

"No Man's PC can handle it. "

says it all

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    "No Man's PC can handle it. "

says it all
    Been playing for 5 hours and the only issue so far was that I couldn't get back to the game after I alt-tabbed out.

And I'm still in the starting system....
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche