Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else happy Sylvannas is the new faction leader?

I'm not a big lore buff, but from what I know she has the most character depth of all the other leaders (yes, even Thrall). She (and her people) has a cool backstory and best of all we don't know what she'll do. She could be a responsible/bad ass leader, or she could be deceiving everyone and biding her time until she can kill everyone and turn them undead.

The unknown with her is just very cool. I love that she has all this power now and we genuinely don't know how she'll use it.

On the other side, Anduin being the new leader is meh... He's too goody-two-shoes. Wish Jaina could somehow usurp him so we'll have two bad ass (and potentially volatile) faction leaders. Would make PvP make sense again.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Lots of people are happy. Sylvanas has a large fan base.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Happy that she's Warchief, unhappy with how they did it (i.e. "uh, you're Warchief because... reasons. IDK lol, tbh I would never choose you, but spirits or something.")

Eh, I wouldnt say Sylv has the most character depth. She has a lot. But other characters can match up to her character.

I mean, I can confidentially say I don't think she wouldnt turn into a corrupt leader. The horde already had one and it would be bad taste on blizz end to have another one.
    I think its pretty straight forward and predictable as to how she will treat the horde. Despite so many races in the horde hating her. She has a strong passion for making sure the forsaken are protected and live on. Despite the atrocities she has committed while persevering the forsaken. She has been very dedicated towards the horde. Strategic with her decisions and always with whats best for her people.

Where as garrosh for example. Showed possible traits of corruption from the get go. The only thing he desired was to endless send ranks of horde against the alliance. Even if it meant to their death.

The cinematic in the broken isles is a awesome example of how I think she will be an honorable warchief. She, along with the ranks she commands in the forsaken, were the sole reason the horde was able to safely escape the broken isles. If she really wanted too. She could have left bane, vol jin and Thrall all to die with ease. Claiming the horde for herself.

Deleted
    I don't mind her becoming the faction leader, I just mind that Vol'jin literally was a ghost from becoming warchief to his death. He did NOTHING.

Not at all Sylvanas does not care about the Horde hell she doesn't even care about her own people she only thinks about herself. Vol'jin death was just horrible writing just to make sylvanas Warchief so her fanbase could be happy.

Vol'jin character had so many possibilities for future patches about the Zandalari. It's just a crime to end him like Blizzard did.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always liked Sylvanas so naturally I'm happy with this.

I'm actually happier with the fact that Vol'Jin was been killed, I wouldn't have minded if Baine/Thrall/Lor'Themar became boss.

Deleted
    Basicly this means Horde = Dead and Forsaken will rise, anybody that likes the Horde faction cant be happy with this unless you disliked all of the Hordes past what makes me question why even play as them at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    ... I highly doubt Blizzard did that bit to appease her fanbase. Vol'jin is boring.
    You said it yourself; Blizzard changed the Warchief over because Vol'jin didn't test well and came off as boring. I can literally hear the convo:

SUIT1: "Oh shit, people think Vol'jin is a boring Warchief. Lot's of the people we're trying to get to sub don't even know who he is?"
    SUIT2: "Damn, can we make it Thrall again? Everyone knows him."
    SUIT1: "Nah, too many of the already subscribed nerds will QQ."
    SUIT2: "QQ?"
    SUIT1: "Whine."
    SUIT2: "Oh, ok. What about Sylvanas, then? She's popular, and well known, right?"
    SUIT1: "Yep! One of the handful of characters from WCIII we haven't yet turned into a loot pinata. But I can't see how Vol'jin would choose her, he doesn't trust her..."
    SUIT2: "Who cares? Just say the spirits told him to pick her or something."
    SUIT1: "Lol, ok."

Many people's tear ducts will never run dry again thanks to her becoming Warchief, so they are most certainly happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

On one hand I am urked Vol'jin didn't get more chances to be a boss Warchief. But on the other hand I find Sylvanas to be one of the most interesting characters and putting her as leader of 6 and a half races is going to be really fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get too excited, she'll be a raid boss soon enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think its a joke to be honest "I never trusted you, but since you're the only lore Horde char left, you must be Warchief".....Absolute cheese, her head should have been lopped off long ago.,

I love it, it will make the story really interesting and gives horde a great new identity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    I think its a joke to be honest "I never trusted you, but since you're the only lore Horde char left, you must be Warchief".....Absolute cheese, her head should have been lopped off long ago.,
    Not even a demon of the twisting nether could handle the tears Sylvanas causes.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Don't mind it at all. Sylvanas is a neat character and Saurfang gets to be the -orcish- leader. He might not lead the Horde but he does lead the orcs.

Don't mind her becoming warchief at all, just am really annoyed about how they handled Vol'jin. I also hope the Horde doesn't turn into predominantly elf and undead lore. The Horde at it's core is Orcs, Trolls & Tauren, and their story cannot and should not be thrown on a backburner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Don't mind her becoming warchief at all, just am really annoyed about how they handled Vol'jin. I also hope the Horde doesn't turn into predominantly elf and undead lore. The Horde at it's core is Orcs, Trolls & Tauren, and their story cannot and should not be thrown on a backburner.
    I agree, Voljin should have done more. Maybe he can come back as a spirit At the least.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Don't get too excited, she'll be a raid boss soon enough.
    We've been hearing that for close to a decade now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I like it and think he made a great choice.

She's a competent military commander, and is unafraid of using a tactical advantage to win, whereas Thrall and Baine would have shied away from something like the mana bomb or Forsaken's plague because to them, killing tons of enemies without losing any of your own guys = bad.

When your enemy is composed of literally a legion of demons that far outnumber you, fighting a war of attrition like Thrall and Baine would do would mean the end of the Horde within a few months.