Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hey I'm from Ask Mr. Robot

A few things to note, which makes class comparisons not quite valid right now. We don't have class comparisons as a feature, on purpose right now, because things are quite ready for that. Not your fault, OP, I'm here to help educate people, and I love helping people who are excited to play with data!!! So bravo for giving it a whirl (although maybe take the image down so people aren't mislead?). You can also hit us up with research projects or ideas in the AMR discord, to see if we have pointers or warnings like below. So sorry you did all of this work when data isn't quite ready for it

1. Our default templates balance stats from gear (not favoring any stats, they are all equal). We do this to avoid accidental biases. For example, if initial sims show Crit is best, and we put crit on all gear, it won't be clear if a different stat ends up being better with a different talent choice, or a specific legendary, etc. So our base gear is a neutral start.

2. The templates also don't use good relics (I chose ones that give you health, for example). Again, this is to avoid bias to make a specific ability look better than it is.

FWIW: Most APLs are optimized. Sure some still need work to be min-maxxed. But when people try to max them out, we're seeing usually 5% Increaeses, at most 10%. And in a few cases, the defaults are turning out to not be beatable so far. That being said, something looks wrong with the Frost DK APL for sure, so we're looking into that today. Sorry about that!

Soon we'll be able to get you top notch recommendations! Here's how that will go down:

1. We're finishing up the stat weight engine. We'll be using a lot of data points and applying mulitple linear regression instead of a 2-point slope. But stat weights really only solve a fraction of the problem, so we have a lot of extra data for things that don't fit into the stat weight picture, like trinkets, legendaries and relics. And of course, those can interact with each other, so our system is going to take all of that into account, something general stat weights can't do. And then to further that, our system will give you different stat weights for different setups, instead of 1 set of stat weights. For example, if you take your current character and then change the legendary, a different set of weights might be required, and the system will know this. It is pretty crazy-robust. It's just not live yet.

2. Once we have that, we can confidently pick the best gear and make new template characters.

3. Lastly, while the APLs are pretty solid, we still are working with community people for peer review. If any DKs want to participate, hit me up. And of course, we're looking into what is going wrong with the frost one today. Again, super sorry about that.

And once raiding begins, we'll have scripts for each boss so you can optimize across real fights, instead of the imaginary ones we all use right now.

You CAN do comparisons within a spec, testing one thing over another. That's what our default templates are setup for

edit: tagging a few people who might be interested in this post, or have questions for me. @Nition @Krawu @Gemini-soul @Veilyn
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2016-08-12 at 08:24 PM.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

This cannot be true lol. From what I've heard and read, unholy is one of the top Melee dps specs in legion atm and is performing well. If this is true then why has blizz hit us with the nerf bat? If this sim is anywhere near to legit however (unlikely), it looks like I'm going to have to find another spec to main for legion.
    Last edited by 0verdose; 2016-08-12 at 10:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    This cannot be true lol. From what I've heard and read, unholy is one of the top Melee dps specs in legion atm and is performing well. If this is true then why has blizz hit us with the nerf bat? If this is true however, it looks like I'm going to have to find another spec to main for legion.
    Why would you even believe that this thing is true ?

Quote Originally Posted by Groukh View Post
    Why would you even believe that this thing is true ?
    Just preparing my body for the time that dks will be irrelevant again jk haha.

@overdose Read my post (right above yours). I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. The simulator default templates are not meant for cross-class comparisons yet. So no, these are not correct. The OP was just excited to play with data, which I applaud But the simulators are quite ready for that yet... apls are changing, bugs are being found, etc. That's why neither AMR nor SimC have the simulators officially on live sites yet. They are in beta mode

15+ Year Old Account
    I did some dps testing on my own, seems were gonna do good

http://i.imgur.com/lPxYs7a.png
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post

Mind linking your build m8?

the fact those bars are not even aligned left make it funny

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sintea View Post
    the fact those bars are not even aligned left make it funny
    spent a good 3min in paint Simming
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted

Wow, don't show that man, everyone is going to reroll DK now

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    No way havoc is that low. Blizzard cannot have DHs performing that low. They only have one dps spec and it needs to perform above the middle of the pack. Same with shadow.

I'm stupid disregard

@MatthewOU2015 The sims from the AMR template characters aren't ready or intended to be used for cross class comparisons yet. See my earlier post for the longer story: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41850295

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there @Zoopercat, perhaps you could message Chaud and see if they could do you a favor and put up a quick message on the front page about the sims not being complete yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Will be closing this, the information is misleading/false. The thread has good intentions, but the information is incorrect.