Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    would you be equally as butthurt if the invasion weapons were ... more powerful ilvl wise? of course you would.

these weapons are not and were not supposed to beat out current raid tier gear, they were meant as a supplement. something many people may not need in any other capacity but tmog/very under geared alts.

subjectively speaking, these weapon models look vastly inferior to current raid and future artifact models as a result of their intentions.
    ...where is this butthurt you speak of?
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my boosted gnome hunter 700 gear and a 725 weapon, seems like that's what the event is for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I'm using it to boost my unplayed alts so I can be better off for leveling. Hell my spriest was like ilvl 540 something, and is now 690+. That's a win in my books.

It will be very useful for getting your artifact having a decent weapon and set of gear for your alts will be a very good thing. Doing several of the artifact quests on the 680 geared template character was considerably more difficult than on my Tanaan geared live characters, 15-20 ilvls makes a noticeable difference.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Dont worry in like half a month you basiclly get handed 750(s) as weapons and you will quickly forget about those weapons minus what they might do for you with transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a pre-patch reward dude. They might be useful for returning undergeared people, and of course for transmog.

I don't see a reason for this notion of yours that they're supposed to last you long into the next expansion beyond a few levels...relax. They're just average weapon rewards.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I couldn't give a damn about using the weapons for gearing up alts... why the fuck didn't they make the weapons purchasable for transmoging off the vendors?!

More so the fact you only get what your spec uses... so you can't use a warrior to get them all.

Fucking amazing logic @ Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    artifact weapons start at ilevel 750 , and you dont " get " the artifact weapons in certain levels you can choose right after the broken shore / dalaran relocation quest the artifact you want to get first then at level 102 youll get the quests to get the other artifact weapons for the other specs you can get all the artifact weapons for all your specs ( druids get 4 artifact weapons and demon hunters get 2 ) theres even an achievement for getting all the artifact weapons available for your class

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I couldn't give a damn about using the weapons for gearing up alts... why the fuck didn't they make the weapons purchasable for transmoging off the vendors?!

More so the fact you only get what your spec uses... so you can't use a warrior to get them all.

Fucking amazing logic @ Blizzard.
    Yeah this is my sole grievance with the event. They should make weapons purchasable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    ...where is this butthurt you speak of?
    just keep rereading the OP until you see it. if you dont get it.. well, im sorry for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

its catch a up mechanic with unique (mostly ugly) skins.

The bandaid to the PvP gear, gear up

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    So one of the first things you get is your artifact and its 730ivl.. So not very useful

Raid Spec is Healer/Tank , but leveling DPS?

From what I hear is you can get your second spec artifact at 102, so still not very useful..
    IE:

1. Get DPS artifact and at level 102 get Healer/Tank Artfact and save all Artfact power turnins for raid Spec.

So I guess it's for transmog or "Current Raiding"
    Don't be silly.

A lot of people that came back had 600-630 ilvl and struggle doing anything, having that 725 weapon helps a LOT, in particular for the first artifact quest... they'd have a really hard time with such a low ilvl weapon, so yes, it is useful for some people.

Following your argument, why is gear useful since you'll just replace it the following tier anyway? For transmog»?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Don't be silly.

A lot of people that came back had 600-630 ilvl and struggle doing anything, having that 725 weapon helps a LOT, in particular for the first artifact quest... they'd have a really hard time with such a low ilvl weapon, so yes, it is useful for some people.

Following your argument, why is gear useful since you'll just replace it the following tier anyway? For transmog»?
    artifact quest scales with your ilvl, it's harder the better geared you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they are useful until the next expansion. Not everyone has a ilvl 700 weapon.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Other than the rewards, it's actually there to have fun too, I've done over 30 or 40 invasions so far and am still having fun (got only 3 alts left to gear tho, unless they add the 2H int staff or offhand)
    Oh, no doubt. I love seeing players converge on the invasion bosses and just go ham. Unfortunately, my work schedule means I can only catch two invasions a day on the current four-hour timer; hopefully they'll be much more common after Tuesday's patch so I can hit them up on my alts--just need the weapon and boots on my warrior before I'm done with them on her, then I've got five other 100s to gear up.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    unless your a hunter than the bow isnt even good for xmog
    fits for goblin hunters though. but not any other race really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Yeah this is my sole grievance with the event. They should make weapons purchasable.
    the glaives can be bought, and if you change your lootspec you can have other weapons drop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    I't fits for anyone trying to role play a plumber tbh

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post

- - - Updated - - -

the glaives can be bought, and if you change your lootspec you can have other weapons drop.
    Rng is a cruel mistress. Rng protection is what I'm suggesting lol. Weaps for shards.

Deleted
    Pointless if it's made for newly dinged 100's since invasions won't be available after the expansion releases and people will just be more interested in using their time to get an artifact weapon that will be good use for them throughout the expansion.