Thread: No Man's Sky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    That's a rather harsh statement, care to elaborate?
    That in the internet usually means: "Oh no he has different opinions" because he doesnt back his shit up on his statement.

I'm waiting for a fucking DEEEEEEEEEEP sale on it, doesnt look to perform well on pc.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't experienced any crashes yet, but the stuttering is really irritating.

Games with inventory meta-games are usually a no go for me. There was a time when I was OK with this, but I've reached a salty old age where it just annoys me. Even with the Witcher 3, which isn't that bad regarding inventory, the first thing I did was install a weight limit mod. I understand why games put these limitations in, I just don't like it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Been playing for 5 hours and the only issue so far was that I couldn't get back to the game after I alt-tabbed out.

And I'm still in the starting system....
    There is a trick for that issue that works for other games and worked for me with NMS when I tabbed out earlier today before work. If you go to task manage (control + shift+ esc if you don't know) and go to NMS and right click it. Then pick maximize from that menu and it should switch to NMS when simply alt tabbing or clicking the icon on task bar doesn't work. It's a trick that works for a lot of games unless the actual game has froze.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    The worlds I explored were very uninteresting and I am sure they are all alike. All the streams and videos I watched are all similar to the planets I saw, it was almost like, hey I've been there. Give me player created worlds over random generated crap any day.
    The starting planets all start out relatively the same. That is because they are the begining words and throwing someone into a resource starved hot world wouldn't be great because you might not be able to get off. However there are plenty of varied planets that people have discovered. My starting planet was pretty interesting with floating rocks, flying creatures, settlements nearby.

Saying I am sure they are all alike is like opening Tolkien's work and saying "Oh elves I'm sure its like any other book with elves".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    First 3 hours were fun. Kinda wish there were more meaningful goals in the game, because visiting random planets and documenting everything gets pretty old fast. Starbound offer's more currently for about £12.
    I just wish the start was more guided. I wasn't even sure how to get the hyper drive even with the quest untill I googled it heh. I'm not sure if I want to complete the planetary goals for the credits or move on from all the systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    My favourite review "An Indie game made by 15 people sold at the same price as a AAA game made by professional studios with hundreds of developers working on their games". Just something else thats been over-hyped and sold at a high price.
    Then why is it that a professional studio with hundreds of developers working on their games can still produce over-hyped sold at a high price game? Look at how Diablo 3 was received at launch. Triple A doesn't not confer an automatic status. So stop using it like it does to bash on the game when you have nothing else to use as ammo. There are plenty of valid things to get on HG about. Price being $60 is hardly one of them. Most indie games anyways are over priced even when they are $20.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    - BIG ships cost in the millions, like 4-6 million. Something to save for I guess.
    Find a crashed ship. It only costs what it takes to repair them. Of course not as great but on my starter planet I could have gotten 200,000 creds just for finding all the discoveries. Not sure if thats for every planet because I haven't played much cause I just got home from work today. But it won't take to long. Not to mention my first station had the green item (forget the name) you loot from sentienals selling for over 30k. Nice little bonus from the 10 or so I've killed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I found the start a little too cookie cutter for me, you simply walk around and magically find the hyper drive blueprint like its some incredible coincidence. there could definitely be more interactable objects and some times the buildings do feel immersion breaking, like a trade hub in the middle of nowhere. I have found a couple of larger outposts with 3-5 buildings, i dunno how big they get but i'm guessing that was probably one of the biggest.

I guess i'm happy with what is there, I see the flaws but am generally optimistic about future updates.

for me this is the exploration I wanted in elite. its just a shame that elite has a much better flight and combat system. oh well can't win them all, the wait for SC has begun. T minus 1 decade and counting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I found the start a little too cookie cutter for me, you simply walk around and magically find the hyper drive blueprint like its some incredible coincidence. there could definitely be more interactable objects and some times the buildings do feel immersion breaking, like a trade hub in the middle of nowhere. I have found a couple of larger outposts with 3-5 buildings, i dunno how big they get but i'm guessing that was probably one of the biggest.

I guess i'm happy with what is there, I see the flaws but am generally optimistic about future updates.

for me this is the exploration I wanted in elite. its just a shame that elite has a much better flight and combat system. oh well can't win them all, the wait for SC has begun. T minus 1 decade and counting.
    It's not coincidence though, you gradually find that someone is leading you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Find a crashed ship. It only costs what it takes to repair them. Of course not as great but on my starter planet I could have gotten 200,000 creds just for finding all the discoveries. Not sure if thats for every planet because I haven't played much cause I just got home from work today. But it won't take to long. Not to mention my first station had the green item (forget the name) you loot from sentienals selling for over 30k. Nice little bonus from the 10 or so I've killed.
    I haven't seen a single crashed ship. Do you mean one you shoot down yourself?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I haven't seen a single crashed ship. Do you mean one you shoot down yourself?
    No on the planet you can discover a crashed ship. At outposts or settlements they can lead you to one by following the signal, or just come across one while exploring. But it basically works like when you started. You have to collect resources to repair it once you've "claimed" the ship. You give up your old one and not sure if you can go and reclaim the old one or not.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    When everything lines up right you can get scenery straight outta Avatar, tons of resources, and animal populations you couldn't think up if you tried.
    If the game is just searching through boring planets to try to find one that looks pretty it sounds kinda lame TBH.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    If the game is just searching through boring planets to try to find one that looks pretty it sounds kinda lame TBH.
    Agreed, the game seems like the kind of thing that would be fun for maybe 5 hours for me xD
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    so all the hype for this game, turns out it sucks?
    Not really, it is fun as long as you understand what the game is which alot of people did not seem to. I don't think it should have been full price though.

Bought the game, blew 4 hours on it already, runs amazing, just make sure that all your drivers are up to date, and you should be good

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started today, bought a ship with 26 inventory and upgraded my inventory to 23. Currently doing the Atlas missions right now and loving it. Two friends are playing and loving it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Also inaccurate so, no.
    It's a joke about an overhyped, boring, and mess of a game. Lighten the fuck up dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's not a game for the hardcore gamers.
    it's a pleasant casual experience.
    a thing I like is that I am not forced into violence / killing spree / etc. it's rare to find such things today.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I think the blandness kind of adds to the game, actually. If every planet was spectacular then it would get dull quick. The generation of planets can end up just right sometimes, though. And I'm sure I haven't seen anything beyond the first percent of what the game has to offer.
    Lol what? That's like saying "I think the fact that this cake literally tastes like shit adds to its greatness. If every cake you ate tasted delicious, then that would get dull really quick".

I don't know if I've ever seen such a pathetic attempt at defending a lackluster game before. Are the devs paying you to say retarded shit like that?

Meh. I've played about 4 hours. It's interesting thinking about the tech that went into this, but I'm already bored with the gameplay. It's just a grind-upgrade loop, and the grind isn't even remotely interesting. First planet was the best for me; lots of trees, one really big creature, tons of resources. It was pretty much downhill from there. Hardly any variety in building structures, and only a couple alien types. The variety in planets/flora/fauna just wasn't interesting enough to keep going. Cows flying with butterfly wings are funny though.

The graphical style was OK at first, but kind of lost its lustre for me after a few hours. Flying into the atmosphere of planets was cool, but the actual visuals within a "solar system" were underwhelming. I didn't have any real problems technically except for frequent fps drops.

Considered my play a demo, and went ahead and got a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Lol what? That's like saying "I think the fact that this cake literally tastes like shit adds to its greatness. If every cake you ate tasted delicious, then that would get dull really quick".

I don't know if I've ever seen such a pathetic attempt at defending a lackluster game before. Are the devs paying you to say retarded shit like that?
    Too be fair it's the bad cakes that help you truly appreciate the really good ones.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The better question would be - who pays you to post your shit here. Don't tell me you are doing it for free. That would be LOL.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Just played about an hour of No Man's Sky. A friend got the GOG version (no DRM) and I just used his. This is not a game for ADHD. Trying to understand all the items you need to pick up, juggling such a limited fucking inventory, and knowing NOT to fuck with the little robots flying around scanning things really makes for a tedious game.
    The graphics requires are also extremely steep. I had to kick everything down to medium in order to hit 50+ FPS. I see several reviews on Steam complaining that they have 980s and are getting 10FPS.
    Btw, I wouldn't pay attention to the Steam score. I went through quite a few of the reviews, and most of the small ones are just people bitching to hear themselves bitch. Most of the bigger ones are well written, but most of the reviews are about people's systems not being able to handle the game. This by far is the #1 complaint of MOST new games, so just brush them under the table. That sort of thing usually gets fixed.
    As far as the gameplay goes, about the who purpose is to find more planets to mine better materials to make better stuff so you can find more planets to mine better materials to make better stuff so you can...I guess get to the center?
    The creatures on the planets I've visited so far really have that Spore feel to them. Cheap and cartoony. Also, and this is just an observance and really here nor there as far as I'm concerned, but from the sounds you make it sounds like your character is female.
    You have SEVERAL systems in your multi-tool, exosuit, and ship that you need to keep fueled, but for the most part you can find fuel just about anywhere. The biggest issue again is the severe lack of storage.
    The controls function just like you'd expect an FPS/Flight sim to function. I had no problems figuring out the controls, and things move quite fluidly.
    I'll have to give the game some more time before I really try to pin down a rating. It isn't really sucking me in right now, but on the other hand it really isn't bad at all. Though I AM glad that I didn't waste $60 on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its true though even if you can't grasp the concept. If everyone was a millionaire then being a millionaire isn't that spectacular. If everyone owned a Lamborghini then owning a Lamborghini isn't that awesome. The game isn't really a mess. It has some issues and some systems struggle. But its a PS4 port by a small studio who has never done a game on this scale before. It should be expected. Its not really that boring. I've spent 4 hours in-game according to steam and I wasn't bored for any of it.

It might have been over hyped but only to those who thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Lots of people thought it would be something it is not and never was. If you did your research and saw it for what it is then there it meets every bit of the game as advertised.