Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    They're going to bleed people from their money using Paket Yarovoi, after all. It is unsubstainable with current spending, so govt uses excuses like "import substitution", which means ISPs will buy expensive HDDs and all other SORM-213123 equipment, which ultimately will affect the wallet of customers, whose developed narco-like-dependability on very cheap Internet access, which is already much better and much cheaper than in USA. And will kill software agencies.

Well. Glad I'm already moved to New Zealand; Internet here costs like 100 NZD (75 USD) for 10 mbps unlimited (Vodafone), but well, it's best that I now have unobstructed access to anything; thanks Roscomnadzor.
    Roscomnadzor shenanigans and Yarovaya's package are one of the reasons I am not voting United Russia anymore. I am indifferent to many things happening around me, but in this instance MY government is acting to infringe on MY interests, and MY representatives in the system are not doing anything to stop it.

Fuck them. Time to find new ones.
    В предчувствии движения племен,
    Разломов тверди и кончины мира
    Пою не то, о чем мечтает лира,
    А имена теней и тень имен.

Quote Originally Posted by Hound Archon View Post
    Roscomnadzor shenanigans and Yarovaya's package are one of the reasons I am not voting United Russia anymore.
    Lol, why the fuck were you voting for them before?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeponrage View Post
    Lol, why the fuck were you voting for them before?
    Good question. And the answer is simple: they brought stability. Laugh if you want, but I remember the poverty and chaos of the nineties.

The emergence of Putin and his clique brought much needed prosperity to your average person in the street. Perhaps coincidentally, I am not an economist. It may well be not due to his efforts but due to the soaring oil prices, or perhaps both - one way or another, wages grew, consumer goods became cheap and plentiful, and many people found themselves able to afford luxuries they could previously only dream of. A Russian saying goes, "You don't change horses in the middle of a river crossing". Putin was good enough.

Now he's flying off the hinge, we've found ourselves in the middle of a cold war 2.0 and while the prosperity I spoke about earlier has not visibly declined (yet), the North Korea-style legislations like Yarovaya's package and the ever-increasing government support for Roskomnadzor (a masterpiece of idiocy and corruption that tries to censor Internet AND wastes billions of dollars of government money), grand embezzlement scams like the Sochi and statements from Putin's sock puppet have begun to ruffle my feathers big time.

The drawbacks have increased, the benefits have diminished, it's time for a change. I've studied United Russia electoral platform and I do not like it. It's not good enough anymore.
    В предчувствии движения племен,
    Разломов тверди и кончины мира
    Пою не то, о чем мечтает лира,
    А имена теней и тень имен.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Just Ukraine trying to stir shit before elections (Russian, US, possibly both).

...using their actual armed forces members on Russian territory.
    Speaking of elections https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...tment_bombings

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Crimea is still seen as Ukrainian territory internationally
    Which is ridiculously hypocritical considering not recognising it is against the UN charter lol.

Selective double standards like this always irk me, you don't see the US campaigning for Kosovo to surrender itself to Serbia or for Ukraine to become part of Russia again >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    Well. Glad I'm already moved to New Zealand; Internet here costs like 100 NZD (75 USD) for 10 mbps unlimited (Vodafone), but well, it's best that I now have unobstructed access to anything; thanks Roscomnadzor.
    $75 for 10 Mbps?! And I thought the Internet in Australia was slow...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Why should I care about Russian propaganda

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ore-it-happens

- - - Updated - - -

here is the confession of the guy:
    It is right there: BEFORE IT HAPPENS. Aka, it has not happened yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Which is ridiculously hypocritical considering not recognising it is against the UN charter lol.

Selective double standards like this always irk me, you don't see the US campaigning for Kosovo to surrender itself to Serbia or for Ukraine to become part of Russia again >.<
    But there is not a double standard: What hurts countries that are opposed to US interests is good, what helps them is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    $75 for 10 Mbps?! And I thought the Internet in Australia was slow...
    ...and then imagine Internet access in Russia in cities like Moscow/Novosibirsk/Krasnoyarsk costs 5-7 USD for 100 mbps with no traffic limit.

Quote Originally Posted by barricade_ View Post
    Elections were in 1998, in 99 Yeltsin handed the power to putin right on the eve of the new 2000 year.