Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I hate when Blizzard pushes UH over Frost intentionally

Now Blood is a tanking spec so it's passable, and at least in PvE this might be up for debate, but does anyone honestly absolutely get enraged when Unholy is ever pushed as a stronger spec than Frost in any way? Just because not only do I truly despise playing Unholy, but thematically Death Knights are icy death at heart. It's amazing Blizzard respects this enough to give Frost DKs arguably the most badass (and iconic) artifact weapons, but I can even feel as someone who's loved Frost since Cataclysm that things just seem underwhelming or remarkably boring at the moment. This could have been an opportunity to give Frost so many cool talents or ideas, but they blew it. Then I gloss over all the insanely creative and admittedly cool stuff Unholy either gets new or from previous expansions. All Frost gets is shit to make you hit harder and that's it really.

Edit: Being more specific on the Frost part. Why does everything I theorycraft on for the expansion or observe center around Obliterate? It's just so dull. Even the best max PvP talent is FUCKING KILLING MACHINE 2.0.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2016-08-13 at 02:32 AM.

Deleted
    QQ /10char

My main issue with Blizzard's handling of Frost is that they still can't balance it. Taking away 2H option was argued to be in the interest of balance. We have less utility and mobility than UH and much less than other melee classes. Lore commented on DKs limited mobility to be due to Blizz's intention for DK to be slow but very powerful yet we don't see Frost anywhere near topping any charts in beta. Some will argue "it's still beta". Yes, but are supposed to get messed with during live? Isn't now the better time to start seeing how they can throw us a bone? Not that they have in the past. If they want to shove the Obliterate mechanic down our throats at all costs then maybe they should at least make it work like Chaos Bolt or something. They can't possibly think Frost is fine because everyone agrees it lags behind UH so when is that promised parity among classes coming?

frost dk= noob spec, since 2008. if u play frost dk, that means that u are a stupid person, who is not able to understand the runesystem and proably is somehow disabled, in a mental and a bodily way. Yes that is the typical reaction if u ask older players about frost dk.

But in exchange for the loss of respect from the playerbase by rolling frost, u can do ranged melee attacks all the time. Congratz, mr. typical mouthbreather frost dk.

Loving the most stupid and boring spec in the game shows deep into OPs Personality.

One small hint for our op frost dk: pillars of frost allow you to move your dk, this was changed in 2009. U can press another button than howling blast, and perhaps thats why obliterate is a spell that is considered bying used by your personal theorycrafting guru?

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Stacie; 2016-08-13 at 08:44 AM. Reason: INFRACTION

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this based off of now or at 110 with a fully leveled artifact weapon?
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Is this based off of now or at 110 with a fully leveled artifact weapon?
    Based on now and what I predict at 110. But really, does it matter? Frost is still just defined by assaulting whatever Obliterate is bound to on your keyboard and anticipating that sweet burst macro key to come up. The rest of the stuff like boring icicles and more (no I'm not fucking kidding) icicles aren't even usable because you need to power up Obliterate.

Frost is a dull spec, it gets what it deserves. It's pretty much proven how much blizz hates frost as a spec judging on their lackadaisical efforts to make the frost spec more interesting and stronger. If it weren't for unholy, I would've quit playing dks in general. Frost is too boring for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    frost dk= noob spec, since 2008. if u play frost dk, that means that u are a stupid person, who is not able to understand the runesystem and proably is somehow disabled, in a mental and a bodily way. Yes that is the typical reaction if u ask older players about frost dk.

But in exchange for the loss of respect from the playerbase by rolling frost, u can do ranged melee attacks all the time. Congratz, mr. typical mouthbreather frost dk.

Loving the most stupid and boring spec in the game shows deep into OPs Personality.

One small hint for our op frost dk: pillars of frost allow you to move your dk, this was changed in 2009. U can press another button than howling blast, and perhaps thats why obliterate is a spell that is considered bying used by your personal theorycrafting guru?
    oh no some people might enjoy the spec better flame them

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post

Ha ha you sure are a funny little fan boy, noob spec, I've been smashing UH in pvp for years , your clearly compensating for a small penis or lack of skill, the fact that you have over a 1000 forum post but haven't figured out how to attach a avatar to your account yet just Go's to reinforce what most of us already know, you sir are an IDIOT. Now run along and play, adults are having a discussion here.Have a good night son, and I don't call you son because you shine, i call you son cause your mine

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Stacie; 2016-08-13 at 08:46 AM. Reason: INFRACTION

Quote Originally Posted by mmulder6512 View Post
    Ha ha you sure are a funny little fan boy, noob spec, I've been smashing UH in pvp for years , your clearly compensating for a small penis or lack of skill, the fact that you have over a 1000 forum post but haven't figured out how to attach a avatar to your account yet just Go's to reinforce what most of us already know, you sir are an IDIOT. Now run along and play, adults are having a discussion here.Have a good night son, and I don't call you son because you shine, i call you son cause your mine
    I mean... I get what you are trying to do, but your post just makes you look worse than him. Just report and move on next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB feature where ignore = threads posted by the ignored don't show up on the front page "New posts" thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Blizzard pushes UH over Frost intentionally
    I always wonder what's wrong with people like this and where they're getting their nonsense from.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    WTB feature where ignore = threads posted by the ignored don't show up on the front page "New posts" thing.
    agreed, I honestly don't know how OP's account isn't IP banned for all the troll threads he/she starts

The idea that frost is "easier, thus it does less dps" doesn't hold up very much. Many other classes have multiple dps specs, some of them as "boring" as frost. Yet, they do much more damage than frost. Yes I agree complexity should reward you with more dps if you do it correctly, but let's be honest: is 7.0 unholy THAT much more complicated than 7.0 frost?
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

i like this spec more, i want it to be the best, i want to press 123 and win BabyRage

Quote Originally Posted by Sickstealth View Post
    I mean... I get what you are trying to do, but your post just makes you look worse than him. Just report and move on next time.
    Agreed, bad form on my part, just so sick of the whole if you don't play this spec you suck debate, but should not have responded in that manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    The idea that frost is "easier, thus it does less dps" doesn't hold up very much. Many other classes have multiple dps specs, some of them as "boring" as frost. Yet, they do much more damage than frost. Yes I agree complexity should reward you with more dps if you do it correctly, but let's be honest: is 7.0 unholy THAT much more complicated than 7.0 frost?
    couldn't have said it better.

Also, yes Unholy is more complicated than Frost by miles. That's why I detest the spec apart from its themes. I don't necessarily want precision and dexterity on an undead warrior for success I want to brutally hack people to pieces with little thinking and raw strength.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2016-08-13 at 06:00 AM.

ive been unholy ever since they took away blood dps. so uh, deal with it :P
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't Frost been the best DPS spec for far longer than Unholy has? Last time I remember Unholy being big was when Festerblight was a thing in ToT.

Unholy is the more interesting spec to me personally, and I'm happy that it's the best right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Hasn't Frost been the best DPS spec for far longer than Unholy has? Last time I remember Unholy being big was when Festerblight was a thing in ToT.

Unholy is the more interesting spec to me personally, and I'm happy that it's the best right now.
    Yes and that is honestly why I'm surprised many people are PLEASED for UH and not as much are mourning for Frost as much as I am now.