Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Gul'dan "embeds" Varian with an orb. This can be percieved as a bomb, but this can also be percieved as an impregnation of some sort.
    Awwww. what a cute couple. Varian being the cuter of the two gets to be the one to carry the baby!

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This would mirror the theme of Arthas being corrupted by evil and returning to destroy his homeland. I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to recycle that theme. But it seems pretty contrived.

I suspect that if anything it would be more of a Bolvar, with Guldan sadistically twisting Variants corpse to some sick purpose.

And what about the theories that Variants will become one of the four horsemen, raised to be a DK during the DK order Hall missions?
    You can't have five Four Horsemen. We already know they're Nazgrim, Thoras Trollbane, Sally Whitemane, and Darion Mograine.

OT: Not a spoiler. Don't mark your crappy theory as one. His death is more suited for an urn than a memorial and coffin. How exactly are you planning on using a bunch of dust for an avatar? Even if it was intact, why trade down from Illidan's body to a fragile human one past its prime?

This reasoning is flawless guis.

7+ Year Old Account
    You put "spoilers" in caps and then make a statement as if this is official (really awful way to start a spoiler thread, by the way), and then it just ends up being wild speculation. GG dude.

Avatar of Sargeras is...avatar of Sargeras. It's not stupid Avatar movie where they can download human conscious in an alien "living" body but fixing a leg was super expensive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    You saw him die. Take the tinfoil hat off; Blizzard isn't that creative.
    You are so cool rofl

My favorite bit is this:

What more would force Anduin to grow up, then slay his own father.
    Makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    hes dead , unless he was made of lego blocks anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Three points I want to make to respond to this:

1. This is not a spoiler. It's speculation. A spoiler is when you know something that other people don't and want to inform them. We don't put the spoiler tag on something about which you're just guessing.

2. Even if you used the spoiler tag in the correct context, you don't list the spoiler next to it. Your tag is supposed to warn people away from reading the post if they don't want to know. If you put the "spoiler" in the title, then you've blown it.
    I don't think he's too far off with the spoiler tag. In this thread things are discussed that might be spoilers for some. That Varian is the new Avatar of Sargeras is pure speculation, yes, but the fact that in his post he talks about the broken shore scenario is very much a spoiler if you haven't played it yet.

You read the title as the new Avatar of Sargeras would be Varian, and that it was a spoiler. I read it like the title of the thread and that it would contain spoilers.

And you even take your time to write a post where you tell someone how "wrong" they are when it's all just about how yo percieved things. Some people... I don't even.

One spoilertag too many >>>>> actually spoiling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    no no no. NO.
    Guldan literally says to Varian that he is going to die. ("You will be remembered as the king who died for nothing" "who died" "DIED")
    Meaning Guldan intends to kill Varian, not make him a vessel.
    All those "Varian isnt dead" theories now are worse then at the time his memorial in new stormwind park was datamined.

Also: dont tag crazy theories as "SPOILERS"
    Unless he doesn't say that. He doesn't say ''you will be remembered as the King who died for nothing.''

Gul'Dan did not once use the word ''died'', so please stop repeatedly using the term ''died'' as if that was what he used.

''You will be remembered as the King who scarified his life nothing.'' ''Sacrificed'' ''SACRIFICED''.

Whilst sacrificing his life can certainly mean dying, it can mean other things as well.

For what its worth I believe he's dead, but people need to stop posting quotes as facts when they aren't the actual quotes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    What body?
    The broken body of the Avatar of Sargeras. It was blasted with the Tomb of Sargeras below the sea.

I bet Gul'dan's ritual is a red herring, and he will be deceived again.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-08-13 at 06:30 AM.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    The broken body of the Avatar of Sargeras. It was blasted with the Tomb of Sargeras below the sea.

I bet Gul'dan's ritual is a red herring, and will be deceived again.
    Of course he will be again. Kinda why Kil'jae was so set on punishing him a second time as it was a matter of semantics at that point which universe he came from. Consummate backstabber through and through.

Were talking about a fantasy game with magic, the fact we see what appears to be an explosion (of fel energy) doesn't mean Varian was blown up, it could have been the fel energy corrupting him with such great force it caused an explosion which we saw in a distance shot.

It's entirely possible for Varian to be alive but corrupted or just dead, this is Guldan after all, he has a long term plan and if corrupting Varian or anyone will power to bolster the Legion's ranks, he would do it.

This also leads me to think that if he does return in a corrupted form, it could well turn Jaina against her own as she was obviously pretty bust up about it all. It's just speculation though as to be honest no one really knows apart from Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This would mirror the theme of Arthas being corrupted by evil and returning to destroy his homeland. I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to recycle that theme. But it seems pretty contrived.

I suspect that if anything it would be more of a Bolvar, with Guldan sadistically twisting Variants corpse to some sick purpose.

And what about the theories that Variants will become one of the four horsemen, raised to be a DK during the DK order Hall missions?
    They have already raised 4 horsemen, Varian is not one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    We saw him being corrupted by Fel energies. We did not see him die.
    Yes, we saw him turned to dust. Let it go! He's dead, Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    krillin is prove of that.
    Krillin would be proof that you could die twice and still come back.

The only character more ridiculous right now is Taran Zhu, after literally eating the Sha of Pride's fart face first out of the well while under Garrosh's seizure, the same one that killed and permanently enslaved Golden Lotus heroes, and subsequently be left inside a room with manifesting little Pride Sha-lings while mortally wounded for who-knows-how-long before the Raiders of Orgrimmar finally save him.

Varians death is becoming some kind of meme... with all these speculations that he might somehow still come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    The Broken Shore scenerio made me think a lot about Varian, past history, and Blizzard's in general story telling.

Given this, I believe that Varian will be the Avatar of Sargeras and the final boss of Legion. Wild accusation? Absolutely. But here is my reasoning:
    Why do you need a 'spoiler' tag for your wild theory? There is nothing to spoil, It's one person's theory based on what they desire to see happen.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Yes, we saw him turned to dust. Let it go! He's dead, Jim!
    No we didn't. We saw a fel explosion around him, but the scene cut before we could see what happened to Varian. Based on that cinematic alone, we can't definitely say he's dead.

But yeah, I do think so too that he's dead. The cinematic just gave an obscure way of showing that.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

You see his body torn apart. What cinematic were you watching?