Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Blizzard wanted to give Illidan a redemption, here we go, now he's the good guy.
    he was never a bad guy. everything he did was to protect azeroth, it was the night elves who saw him as a bad guy because he was using the legions power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raamm View Post
    Im going with TBC wasn't really planned out story wise. They needed a cool raid boss and they had Illidan thats what happened. No one really complained about TBCs story because, the people who got to go through it were raiders not some stupid roleplayers. Raiders don't really care about story they care about content and TBCs content was hard enough that no one cared that the story sucked.
    not true. im a serious raider and i care hugely about story. all of my characters have their own stories.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    he was never a bad guy. everything he did was to protect azeroth, it was the night elves who saw him as a bad guy because he was using the legions power.
    It is true that the nightelves do have a wrong image of him, hes not as evil as they might think, but he is not a good guy at all, and if he hadnt failed he would probably be serving the burning legion already full time, based on his past decisions he values the growth of his powers above all, even if he might tell himself and others that he is doing this for the greater good, I doubt he would have refused another "Serve us and we will make you more powerful than ever blablabla" offer.

The way his personality appeared (see the War of the Ancients books), him trying to save Azeroth was more of a way to show the world that he is the strongest and to impress others.
    Last edited by mmocf5973f85c4; 2016-08-13 at 11:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    read the illidan book
    /thread

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    read the illidan book
    /thread
    And who says that the Illidan book and Legion are canon for Illidan's story? In both the book and Legion, Illidan is a different character than how he was. Making a book for a character doesn't make it legit. The book is a fanfiction too.

Just like in Game of Thrones, Tyrion in Season 6 was a fanfiction. He's been played by the same actor from the previous seasons, but that doesn't make him GRRM's Tyrion. They are D&D's Tyrion. All Tyrion does in Season 6 is drink and tell jokes. He's not all that in the books.

Illidan in Legion has been voiced by the same actor from TBC and he looks the same, but he doesn't look the same inside.
    Last edited by Felpacino; 2016-08-13 at 11:55 AM.

Was he ever not? You would be hard pressed to find a more avatarvistic fusion of Metzens Bara and Corruption fetish inserts than Illidan Stormrage. Even the name sounds like a drizzt style create a character of some fedoracore 'vape life' neckbeard in a D&D game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    And who says that the Illidan book and Legion are canon for Illidan's story?
    do you srsly believe that the newest novel and upcomming expansion lore are not canon?

Formerly known as Arafal

And who says that the Illidan book and Legion are canon for Illidan's story? In both the book and Legion, Illidan is a different character than how he was. Making a book for a character doesn't make it legit. The book is a fanfiction too.
    Because the ones that made Legion and the book dictate what is canon and what is not. Period.

You can oppose it all you want, but Blizzard decides.

7+ Year Old Account
    And who says that the Illidan book and Legion are canon for Illidan's story?
    Blizzard does, bro. The books are canon, sorry.

do you srsly believe that the newest novel and upcomming expansion lore are not canon?
    Chris Metzen wrote Warcraft 3, William King wrote the Illidan novel, so yes, the newest novel and upcomming expansion lore are not canon to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Chris Metzen wrote Warcraft 3, William King wrote the Illidan novel, so yes, the newest novel and upcomming expansion lore are not canon to me.
    So Chris Metzen didn't write the quests for Burning Crusade so that's no canon to you, either, then.

7+ Year Old Account
    oh look, another headcanon freak.
    no one, absolutely no one gives a fuck if the lore isnt canon for you.
    the story is canon, whether you like it or not.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Fanfiction and fanservice. Two words that describe legion perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    So Chris Metzen didn't write the quests for Burning Crusade so that's no canon to you, either, then.
    They turned Illidan to a bad character in TBC. Don't you agree?

oh look, another headcanon freak.
    no one, absolutely no one gives a fuck if the lore isnt canon for you.
    the story is canon, whether you like it or not.
    And who cares about your non-caring attitude? I care about the story and since Illidan is my 2nd favorite character in the Warcraft lore, I don't want them to butch his character again. He is not the same character as he was before. You'd see that if you'd stop with that typical arrogant flamer manner of yours.

If the story is not written by the same writer, then the story is never truely canon.

Deleted

Just like in Game of Thrones, Tyrion in Season 6 was a fanfiction. He's been played by the same actor from the previous seasons, but that doesn't make him GRRM's Tyrion. They are D&D's Tyrion. All Tyrion does in Season 6 is drink and tell jokes. He's not all that in the books.

Illidan in Legion has been voiced by the same actor from TBC and he looks the same, but he doesn't look the same inside.
    You should google the words fanfiction and canon.

Like really.

You have no diea what those words mean

7+ Year Old Account
    If the story is not written by the same writer, then the story is never truely canon.
    erm, it totally is?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Illidan was always the good guy. If anything TBC Illidan was a massive lorelol fuckup of epic proportions.

This is Blizzard trying to fix their fuckup.
    TBC wasn't too bad, but the overall perception of Illidan as the story was told was from little pockets here and there. Of course all the quest givers are going to think he is Satan, they have no idea what his plans are and what he is trying to accomplish. He was also completely resided to using Outland as the sacrificial lamb to the Legion. Many of the people there just wanted to keep on living the best they could, Illidan would have had them all killed before long.

Quote Originally Posted by BotInProt View Post
    It is true that the nightelves do have a wrong image of him, hes not as evil as they might think, but he is not a good guy at all, and if he hadnt failed he would probably be serving the burning legion already full time, based on his past decisions he values the growth of his powers above all, even if he might tell himself and others that he is doing this for the greater good, I doubt he would have refused another "Serve us and we will make you more powerful than ever blablabla" offer.

The way his personality appeared (see the War of the Ancients books), him trying to save Azeroth was more of a way to show the world that he is the strongest and to impress others.
    Arthas did the same thing, and in a couple months he was corrupted and became the enemy. Years after turning Sargeras' gift against him, Illidan was still fighting the legion. No he wouldnt have been "working for the legion full time". He hates the legion and wouldnt just go "oh more power? ok ill kill my planet for you". If offering him more power would have worked, then they would have. He had to die for the legion to finally get their hands on him. Everytime he is going to acclompish something against evil he is stopped...

Hmm..Miev is the bad guy if you think about it. She stopped Illidan from using the eye of Sargeras to wipe out the Lich king, and he slaughtered millions of people as a result. She stopped him in the Black Temple when he was going to launch attacks on the legions home world where Sargeras is, and..well we see the result of that. She even lied to Malfurion saying Illidan resulted in Tyrandes death to get him to pursue illidan, when he had the eye. Every time, Miev stops him, and uses other people to do it. She has been consumed with catching Illidan for thousands of years, and would stop at nothing to do it. No matter what it cost.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2016-08-13 at 12:40 PM.

For those of you who are saying that Illidan was always a good guy please do yourself a favor and go read WotA novels and WC3 manual. He was not. Don't pull something out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    For those of you who are saying that Illidan was always a good guy please do yourself a favor and go read WotA novels and WC3 manual. He was not. Don't pull something out of your ass.
    i own WC3, and have played it tons of times. As well as read WOTA.

I pity you and the people around you for your stupidity.