Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    No dude, i am saying with our current view of the universe relativity states there is no point that is special and there is no way to tell one from the other. That means inherently you cannot tell me without question that the earth isnt in the center, because you cannot prove it with any test.
    You claimed that Earth has a special place in the universe, yet your proof of that is something that does not show the Earth has a special place in the universe.

Your argument boils down to "The Earth is special because I said it is special", which is not a very convincing argument.

I just want to be clear i am not trying to convince anyone of anything, only to show that there is more to the universe than meets the eye. We dont know anything yet, and to even imagine we can figure it all out is simply narcissism.

We dont even know how our bodies work, or dreams, or how many species of dolphins are in the ocean. People just need to learn humility, and maybe more important not to believe everything they are told without question.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    If god existed it must have been pretty hammered. The Earth is at an angle, hasn't god heard of a spirit-level
    In an unstable orbit, might get ejected or crashed into by mercury, you name it and one day our own sun will make our fair planet uninhabitable with 100% certainty. I call it lottery winner syndrome. We exist here and now because we can. If this situation occurred anywhere else in our unfathomably vast universe that is where we would be having this conversation no matter how unlikely.

I just want to be clear i am not trying to convince anyone of anything, only to show that there is more to the universe than meets the eye. We dont know anything yet, and to even imagine we can figure it all out is simply narcissism.

We dont even know how our bodies work, or dreams, or how many species of dolphins are in the ocean. People just need to learn humility, and maybe more important not to believe everything they are told without question.
    Nah you revealed your position in your opening contribution to the thread. You are a walking joke. Science does not deal with the supernatural, period. It is not out to prove god does not exist, this is literally not a conversation that is being had by anyone that understands what I just said. The problem arises when people like you start to make inferences of a designer which so far have been completely unsubstantiated. That is not science disproving god, that is full of shit people trying to imprint their beliefs on reality and coming up short with factual information.
    Last edited by Afrospinach; 2016-08-13 at 02:39 PM.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You claimed that Earth has a special place in the universe, yet your proof of that is something that does not show the Earth has a special place in the universe.

Your argument boils down to "The Earth is special because I said it is special", which is not a very convincing argument.
    Dude ive shown you we are in a special place multiple times, you simply fail to recognize what special means.

That is exactly what you're trying to do.

Dude ive shown you we are in a special place multiple times, you simply fail to recognize what special means.
    Case in point.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    That is exactly what you're trying to do.
    Would love to hear the logic on that one. I am offering a different view of our cosmos with evidence on why i believe it to be true, with no personal gains for myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to show that the Earth is special in relation to the universe, all you have shown is that a quarter of the universe (which Earth happens to be in) might be special.

In case you forgot, here is your claim...

Maybe you should just look a bit my man, whats the harm? A variety of missions have been performed starting in the mid 80's, and they all have surprisingly shown the same data....that the earth somehow has a special place in the cosmos (as opposed to the copernican principle that everything should be random).

Just another attempt from science to write off a creator, nothing will come from this. I am curious tho, what will be the dagger that shows we are the only life in the cosmos? Would a trip to one of jupiters moons be enough?
    Seems you missed a class ot two. A few more years in school would do you some good.

Would love to hear the logic on that one. I am offering a different view of our cosmos with evidence on why i believe it to be true, with no personal gains for myself.
    Your different view of the cosmos is that the earth won 1978345945 place at the everyone gets a trophy special olympics. "It's special yo!"

You need to show that the Earth is special in relation to the universe, all you have shown is that a quarter of the universe (which Earth happens to be in) might be special.

In case you forgot, here is your claim...
    Have you seriously not paid ANY attention at all? The CMB is not just our galaxy dude, its a map of the largest thing we can view/measure in the universe.

Have you seriously not paid ANY attention at all? The CMB is not just our galaxy dude, its a map of the largest thing we can view/measure in the universe.
    Have you not paid attention? Earth is not the only place within the alignment you keep talking about.

Its honestly mind boggling to me even after posting actual data and how it contradicts our current view of the universe people refuse to accept it. Ill say this, my replies arent for the people responding to me its for the people reading and are able to look into this for themselves. The loud people are exactly that, just noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    And how does that make the Earth special? Rather than deliberately misrepresenting data, why not show some actual evidence for your claim? You surely must have some.

Have you not paid attention? Earth is not the only place within the alignment you keep talking about.
    What? Again another person not paying attention.

Its honestly mind boggling to me even after posting actual data and how it contradicts our current view of the universe people refuse to accept it.
    We're not rejecting data, we're rejecting your conclusions from it. It's mind boggling you can't understand this when it's said to you.

And how does that make the Earth special? Rather than deliberately misrepresenting data, why not show some actual evidence for your claim? You surely must have some.
    Are you actually serious right now? What about the CMB data i posted has you confused, this isnt something i am trying to convince you about its fact that has been studied for many years...but you are trying to turn it into some kind of conspiracy theory lol.

- - - Updated - - -

We're not rejecting data, we're rejecting your conclusions from it. It's mind boggling you can't understand this when it's said to you.
    Are you seriously that dense? If we live in a geocentric universe as the CMB data suggest how can you come to any conclusion BUT that we were created. Please before you reply, think for 10 seconds.

It is a bad thing when something that is far simpler makes more sense. Do you guys realize how many well regarded scientists are finally starting to accept we had a creator? The evidence is pointing towards it.

Everything is far simpler when you can just claim magic is the answer.

Are you seriously that dense? If we live in a geocentric universe as the CMB data suggest how can you come to any conclusion BUT that we were created. Please before you reply, think for 10 seconds.
    troll

Infract me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you actually serious right now? What about the CMB data i posted has you confused, this isnt something i am trying to convince you about its fact that has been studied for many years...but you are trying to turn it into some kind of conspiracy theory lol.
    Except I am not confused, you are just trying to save face after your argument was busted apart so easily. You need to go back to the drawing board and construct a more robust argument.

- - - Updated - - -

If we live in a geocentric universe as the CMB data suggest...
    The data does not suggest that, you made the claim that it does, which is not the same thing at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fascinate clearly lacks understanding of this topic. You have my pity.