Thread: No Man's Sky

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It is boring though, every planet looks like this, just a different colour, some have trees, some have grass. There is nothing interesting to find, apart from a pretty landscape which is the same as another, but different colour.
    Okay if every planet looks like that then find me 10 screenshots that look like that. If you break it down to "Some have trees, some have grass, some are a different color" then of course you'll be able to say every planet looks the same. But using that logic every game looks the same because they have shapes and colors. That is an absurd line of logic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...g_water_world/ proved you wrong. Look how easy that was.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Bad performance and visuals made me refund the game. I will most likely buy it again once these issues have been addressed and I suppose by the time this has happened the game will also be at least 50 % off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Okay if every planet looks like that then find me 10 screenshots that look like that. If you break it down to "Some have trees, some have grass, some are a different color" then of course you'll be able to say every planet looks the same. But using that logic every game looks the same because they have shapes and colors. That is an absurd line of logic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...g_water_world/ proved you wrong. Look how easy that was.
    I'm not going to waste my time looking for ss's.

Wow, a world which has water. My mind is blown, you so proved me wrong.

Although that leads me to a question, can you swim or go diving?

I'm not going to waste my time looking for ss's.

Wow, a world which has water. My mind is blown, you so proved me wrong.

Although that leads me to a question, can you swim or go diving?
    Yes but for some reason you have an oxygen meter so you can't stay underwater for too long.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to waste my time looking for ss's. Wow, a world which has water. My mind is blown, you so proved me wrong. Although that leads me to a question, can you swim or go diving?
    Yes you can swim and dive. There are under water creatures and points of interest to discover. It is also funny how you say every world is the same but consider it a waste of your time to back up your claims. The fact still remains that planets have variation a lot more then you are claiming exists. There is no reason to generalize and boil down to "Trees, grass, color all the same" arguments. Unless of course you are just trolling and want to easily be disproved
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You can get a diving mask blueprint an an upgrade to your exosuit, it helps alot with looong diving

Link: https://i.redd.it/4e071bd5l6fx.png bottom-right - "Aeration Membrane" - Allows underwater breating.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-08-13 at 07:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Yes but for some reason you have an oxygen meter so you can't stay underwater for too long.
    There is an upgrade for the suit to aid underwater exploration. The reason why you still have a oxygen meter is because the suit is creating oxygen from the atmosphere of the planets/places you are. Thats what the life support systems are. All in all though its simply a mechanic to make underwater exploration a little more dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Apparently a not insignificant amount of issues come from the fact that people are computer-illiterate: http://steamcommunity.com/app/275850...2137536640057/
    Oh, it actually uses an extended instruction set. They probably should've been a bit more clear in the minimum specs though, granted all i3s (Sandy bridge and above) do have SSE4 support and Bulldozer and up have SSE4 support too.
    I'm guessing it just tossed an exception and crashes the program if it doesn't support SSE4.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Watching and following a game that was so overhyped and that I had a mild interest in and then calling it out for the turd it actually is. Yeah, it's fair game to criticize it and voice disappointment over it.
    I've just spent 17 hours in it and plan to spend more. It's exactly the game they hyped it to be. So according to your logic it must be a masterpiece.
    But apparently, according to people like you, I'm not allowed to say anything negative about it because then that's nothing more than shitposting. Fanboys like you crack me up. Heaven forbid people call out your favorite game for the steaming pile of shit that it is.
    There's negative and then there's shit-posting.

"I didn't like the game" - that's negative. "Frame rates sometimes drop and I experience stuttering on complex planets" - that's criticism.
    "This game is a turd", "It's a steaming pile of shit" - that's shitposting that has the value of shit it consists of, which you seem to be full of as well.

Did you eat Mexican food lately? Need a toilet paper?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I've just spent 17 hours in it and plan to spend more. It's exactly the game they hyped it to be. So according to your logic it must be a masterpiece.

"I didn't like the game" - that's negative. "Frame rates sometimes drop and I experience stuttering on complex planets" - that's criticism.
    "This game is a turd", "It's a steaming pile of shit" - that's shitposting that has the value of shit it consists of, which you seem to be full of as well.

I think you need to be less bothered by different opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I think you need to be less bothered by different opinions.
    What makes you think I'm bothered?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

What makes you think I'm bothered?
    By your disproportionate reaction to an opinion that you don't like. How many times are you going to castigate him over it? Time to let go, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    By your disproportionate reaction to an opinion that you don't like. How many times are you going to castigate him over it? Time to let go, I think.
    I don't even know what his opinion is. He's full of shit and I'm calling it how it is. Because I can and I want to. As many times as I like. Why are you bothered with me doing it?

Highly subjective.
    As is everything you post.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

It's pretty typical for Zephyr to make posts like this. He even does it a lot for games he continues to play.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2016-08-13 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Honestly the little I played it felt like a single player Grav/Rust/Ark/w.e kind of game... if they don't want to add a really multiplayer/coop experience to it, maybe they should add more purpose to the game? I dunno, just felt really kind of meh xD
    I'm hoping they'll add more 'game' to it with updates. Doesn't need much, just something more than inventory management. Hopefully with the bases and freighters there'll be added gameplay value.

It is boring though, every planet looks like this, just a different colour, some have trees, some have grass. There is nothing interesting to find, apart from a pretty landscape which is the same as another, but different colour.

Once you've seen a few planets, you've seen them all, would love to be proven wrong, but anything I have seen, is the same, but different colour.
    This is what he's failing to grasp. But don't try telling him that. Apparently this game is the prettiest thing he's ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they'll add more 'game' to it with updates. Doesn't need much, just something more than inventory management. Hopefully with the bases and freighters there'll be added gameplay value.
    Is that a confirmed update? Basebuilding would EASILY make this the first 8.0 out of 10 game I've ever played.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Yes you can swim and dive. There are under water creatures and points of interest to discover. It is also funny how you say every world is the same but consider it a waste of your time to back up your claims. The fact still remains that planets have variation a lot more then you are claiming exists. There is no reason to generalize and boil down to "Trees, grass, color all the same" arguments. Unless of course you are just trolling and want to easily be disproved
    After 3 days of playing the game, I'm starting to see the templates used for the planets, geography, animals and creatures. It definetly follows a pattern that is easy to see.

Frankly, I've started getting quite bored with visiting the planets. It's a chore more than it's something exciting and interesting. So I'm just travelling, only going down to planets when I have to.

There's also liking a game and then there's white knighting, fanboying it to the point that you get butthurt when someone criticizes it. Which is what you're doing. How's that any better than what you're claiming I'm doing?

That's what I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It's pretty typical for Zephyr to make posts like this. He even does it a lot for games he continues to play.
    I make posts about games I find to be bad/lackluster/underdelivered. And I call them out for the shit they are. This is a video game forum after all. It's really not my problem when some fanatic of the game gets butthurt about it and proceeds to lose their shit at me. If they are enjoying the game, more power to them. However, when they needlessly defend flawed systems and designs and refuse to accept the fact that their beloved game isn't perfect and that there are people who find the game bad, then I'm going to call them out on it.

There are very few games that deserve universal praise. I can enjoy a game but at the same time call out the devs and their shitty ideas and implementations in said game. People can call it shitposting all they want. They're only proving how butthurt they are after reading my opinions.

Edit: I'll own that infraction for calling him out on the fanboying. Someone has to do it. Cuz the mods sure as hell won't.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-08-13 at 10:57 PM.