Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Last patch!? Have you been living under a rock until recently? It has been like that since the Transmogrification feature launched.
    You don't understand his problem.
    Before pre-patch you could as a Shaman for example : Equip a piece of cloth and transmog this piece of cloth to another piece of cloth.
    After pre-patch you can only transmog your "correct" armor type to your "correct" armor type, you can equip a leather item but you can't transmog it to another leather item because your Transmog tab can only see your "correct" armor type.

That's OP's problem.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2016-08-12 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    You don't understand his problem.
    Before pre-patch you could as a Shaman for example : Equip a piece of cloth and transmog this piece of cloth to another piece of cloth.
    After pre-patch you can only transmog your "correct" armor type to your "correct" armor type, you can equip a leather item but you can't transmog it to another leather item because your Transmog tab can only see your "correct" armor type.

That's OP's problem.
    Yes, but as the person illustrating said. This has been known since Day 1 transmog came out. The issue is, that BoA gear wasn't abiding by this because you could mail it and keep the appearance. Now that the wardrobe is fixed Blizzard fixed it so you can't as people were using it to go around the system and using it in ways they weren't wanting it.

So the OP knew this, but took advantage of it (which is fine) knowing that one day it could be reverted back to it's intended state.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yes, but as the person illustrating said. This has been known since Day 1 transmog came out. The issue is, that BoA gear wasn't abiding by this because you could mail it and keep the appearance. Now that the wardrobe is fixed Blizzard fixed it so you can't as people were using it to go around the system and using it in ways they weren't wanting it.

So the OP knew this, but took advantage of it (which is fine) knowing that one day it could be reverted back to it's intended state.
    You could do it on anything...Equip off-piece T9 Rogue and transmog into off-piece T10 Rogue on a Shaman for example, that's not a bug that's the way Transmog worked. Now you can't.

OP wanted to use a cloth transmog on his cloth BoA, you could already do that with anything (not only BoA) on a Hunter. Now you can't with anything.

You could do it on anything...Equip off-piece T9 Rogue and transmog into off-piece T10 Rogue on a Shaman for example, that's not a bug that's the way Transmog worked. Now you can't.
    Transmog obeyed class restrictions. If you were able to use a rogue piece on a shaman then yes, that is definitely a bug and they fixed most of those as reports came in. Because people were doing it with BoA's early on.

OP wanted to use a cloth transmog on his cloth BoA, you could already do that with anything (not only BoA) on a Hunter. Now you can't with anything.
    I know what the OP's issue is. You could use Cloth BoA and transmog it into something else and mail it as they let it slide for awhile because of the nature of mailing BoA's before the Heirloom tab. Then they just kept it in because it wasn't worth changing until wardrobe. Now with wardrobe you can't as you have access to all the gear on all your toons that you could equip. It was originally meant to be used for mogging with pieces you had on an alt, but not on that particular toon. People used it as a workaround for certain things.

Yes, you could take a piece of cloth gear you won and transmog it into something else and RP with it, but you couldn't do it to your raid gear/pve/pvp gear which was the point. Now you can't because they fixed it so you are tied to your armor like it was originally. Since you could take a piece of gear before and put it in the mogger and copy it, it would work. Now we don't use that system so you can't. This fixes all the problems they originally had with with mogging, but couldn't do much due to how it works. They could've came up with a bunch of patches to restrict classes for even mogging certain types, but poses more issues than it was worth. Now with wardrobe they are able to address everything in one fel swoop.

The only people this truly affects would be the RP'ers. Anyone else there are other means of gear they can use, whether they want to or not. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind playing in a dress on my Paladin, but I know it won't happen and has been mentioned since Day 1. There's no reason to get up in arms over it now when it was announced years ago what the rules would be and because there were bugs and loopholes in the system doesn't mean it was right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog obeyed class restrictions. If you were able to use a rogue piece on a shaman then yes, that is definitely a bug and they fixed most of those as reports came in. Because people were doing it with BoA's early on.
    They said off piece, meaning gear that looks like part of a class tier set, but without the restriction or set bonuses.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I took Off-piece set not the real "set" that got the "rogue only". Ok "Gloves of the Fang" from wailing caverns and transmog it onto leather gloves from BC quest. You could do that on any classes that could wear leather.

I know what the OP's issue is. You could use Cloth BoA and transmog it into something else and mail it as they let it slide for awhile because of the nature of mailing BoA's before the Heirloom tab. Then they just kept it in because it wasn't worth changing until wardrobe. Now with wardrobe you can't as you have access to all the gear on all your toons that you could equip. It was originally meant to be used for mogging with pieces you had on an alt, but not on that particular toon. People used it as a workaround for certain things.

Yes, you could take a piece of cloth gear you won and transmog it into something else and RP with it, but you couldn't do it to your raid gear/pve/pvp gear which was the point. Now you can't because they fixed it so you are tied to your armor like it was originally. Since you could take a piece of gear before and put it in the mogger and copy it, it would work. Now we don't use that system so you can't. This fixes all the problems they originally had with with mogging, but couldn't do much due to how it works. They could've came up with a bunch of patches to restrict classes for even mogging certain types, but poses more issues than it was worth. Now with wardrobe they are able to address everything in one fel swoop.

The only people this truly affects would be the RP'ers. Anyone else there are other means of gear they can use, whether they want to or not. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind playing in a dress on my Paladin, but I know it won't happen and has been mentioned since Day 1. There's no reason to get up in arms over it now when it was announced years ago what the rules would be and because there were bugs and loopholes in the system doesn't mean it was right.
    Seems like you really don't understand what I'm talking about.

The rules for armor were :

"-The character must be able to equip both items.
    -Only uncommon (green), rare (blue) or epic (purple) items may be transmogrified. (exceptions: a select few of these items will be prevented from being used to transmogrify if they are inappropriate)
    -Items must share the same armor type (examples: plate for plate, cloth for cloth)"

There is nothing here that says a Hunter can't equip a leather item and transmog it onto another leather item. Leather -> Leather on anything that could wear Leather was INTENDED from Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    What are you on about? You can still equip the heirlooms, you just can't transmog them. Not having them transmogged doesn't somehow make them unusable...However, you'd be better off just buying the proper heirlooms for the class you want to play, they aren't that expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

It's still flat out worse than wearing the proper armor. There is no argument here, you are numerically worse by wearing the wrong armor type.
    Who cares lols its faceroll leveling up i enjoy it more with the robes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That is another reason not to buy Legion, but the damage is already done, and my xmogs are fucked already, even on characters who hadn't logged in. A disaster.
    Yeah its not that bad for me but these dweebs complaining there is no "beef" here are jokes Sorry if i can wear it i should be able to mog it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
    Dear OP.

You wish to wear cloth armor on a class that does not have cloth armor type as the intended choice. You are still capable of doing it. Since it is not intended, there will be no support for transmog of such gear for your class.

The ability to wear lighter-than-class-specific armor type was retained likely due to RP reasons (WoW is somehow an RPG still). Therefore if you wish to retain the certain looks for non-combat benefit purposes you are still allowed to do so.

You are not, and will not, be able to wear any random piece of cloth gear, however, and be able to transmog it into another cloth piece due to the fact your class can only transmog your intended class armor type - in case of a hunter, that would be mail.

Consider this: There are plenty of not-so-smart-and/or-educated people out there who would think their hunter should wear cloth armor because it makes them look good and end up doing so, somehow obtaining intellect gear which does not contribute to character power. Later on, whenever such person is trying to do group content, they will have bad experience as they would be called names and kicked out of groups because doing what they do without realizing their problem. Consider this a preventative system.

TL;DR: Your class has intended armor type to be worn and can only transmog such type. There is currently no plans to support for anything other than that.
    Dear illiterate: I can wear stuff so i should be able to mog it, if it was unintended i should not be able to wear it. why change this after 10 years? wait were you in diapers then i wager?

- - - Updated - - -

Its illogical to argue its "ok to wear it if it looks like an heirloom" but not ok if you can wear it and make it look like the piece you want. sorry illogical. keep trying

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrytie View Post
    Guys
    Do u feel it?

HUNTER ITEM!
    All is a hunteritem

OT: Suck it up, get some mail robes
    OTT: You miss the 5% stat boost too by not wearing your amor class aswell
    I myself when I leveled my hunter used the leather heirlooms since I didn't have the mail ones but at least I still had agility from them even if I was missing out on the 5% boost. He doesn't even have the base agility from the gear.

I think the biggest issue here is that there's an "r" where it doesn't belong.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Long Answer: You cant.
    Short Answer: Nope.

I don't really get why you'd be wearing the cloth heirlooms on a hunter anyways. Surely if it can afford them, you can afford the mail ones as well? Seems like a non-issue to me.

No you can't transmog it anymore, hunters can only transmog mail -> mail, cloth -> cloth doesn't work. It might not be an answer you like but it's the 1 that's correct with how the game is working.

Working as intended, invest in heirlooms proper for the class and spec.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Its illogical to argue its "ok to wear it if it looks like an heirloom" but not ok if you can wear it and make it look like the piece you want. sorry illogical. keep trying
    Actually your statement is illogical itself and has nothing to do with what I said.

I said, if it is a heirloom it is ok to wear it as is or you can transmog it into something else. If you want to transmog it into something else, be prepared to make sure you are wearing the correct armor type.

Essentially it comes down to it, you guys too advantage of a system that clearly wasn't intended since day 1, which is fine. Now that it has been completely fixed you are upset. Either suck it up and adapt or don't wear it at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect leveling up in int heirlooms is faceroll as is using mail, plate etc. try again
    Except you're losing on out the agility of the item itself and 5% agility bonus from wearing the right gear set. If you think it's good enough damage wearing the wrong gear, imagine how much quicker it would be in the correct one. Sure, you can keep wearing the wrong one if you want. That's up to you. I just don't know why you expect Blizzard to bend to your strange demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I think the biggest issue here is that there's an "r" where it doesn't belong.
    I wish I could upvote this. Have a +1.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Actually your statement is illogical itself and has nothing to do with what I said.

I said, if it is a heirloom it is ok to wear it as is or you can transmog it into something else. If you want to transmog it into something else, be prepared to make sure you are wearing the correct armor type.

Essentially it comes down to it, you guys too advantage of a system that clearly wasn't intended since day 1, which is fine. Now that it has been completely fixed you are upset. Either suck it up and adapt or don't wear it at all.
    Will repeat, if i can wear it let me mog it like it has been for 5 years. end of story. sorry if you don't like my perspective but its a valid one, the low level game whether you have int on cloth or leather or mail, etc, doesn't matter its all faceroll and cloth robes look great. nuff said!

- - - Updated - - -

Severely intended since say one lols so it took 5 years to catch up? nonsense

Deleted
    As a hunter I was transmogrifying my heirloom robe as i level because I enjoy that look.

was that now thrown out with the new system?
    You can answer your question with Google and some deduction. Also, while googling, check how to spell transmogrification and related words. If you don't bother finding out the answers before asking stupid questions, why should people answer them?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Long Answer: You cant.
    Short Answer: Nope.
    Only answer: I could before the patch and for 5 years prior to the patch. legitimate beef that may not impact many of the "suck it up" comments in this thread but is in fact a valid concern for some of us who enjoy a lot of alt leveling.

The reality is I logged into my low level plate/mail/leather folks who are sitting with transmorged cloth heirlooms and realize these are now grandfathered scenario's. disappointing!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    You can answer your question with Google and some deduction. Also, while googling, check how to spell transmogrification and related words. If you don't bother finding out the answers before asking stupid questions, why should people answer them?
    But its not a stupid question Most folks replying in this thread don't even know try again bud
    Last edited by dreaderus; 2016-08-13 at 11:35 PM.

To answer OP's many questions:

You can not transmog to an armor type not intended for the class anymore, no matter what item you may have equipped.

The reason you are still able to equip lesser armor types (Cloth on a hunter) is mostly for RP players, that put on those armor types to RP.

Yes you could do this before the patch, that doesn't matter. The system changed, and despite leveling being "faceroll" no matter the gear you're wearing, it's still intended that you wear the proper armor type, so I doubt they will revert this.

They don't want plate to look like cloth, as it shouldn't.