Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best class for gathering?

I plan on using my free 100 to be a gatherer(miner and herbalist) when Legion launches. Which class would you go with? I was thinking about using it on a Druid or would another class be better for this?

Druid is still top dog for gathering.

Yes, best one is druid.

Until flying is enabled, you want a class that is as mobile as you can get. I would actually say DH is best, with built in slow fall (there are really cliffy areas in Broken Isles) and extreme mobility for the times that you see 2 or 3 nodes at the same time.

Obviously, once flying is added, druid. This is waay off though.

And who is best except dh/druid? Rerolled on new serwer, my main is DH, have gatherer druid on other server but i dont like this class and would prefer some alt that I enjoy abit more.

Druid, unless they introduce another way to stay mounted while gathering like in WoD, then best class is paladin or Dk due to the increased mounted speed passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And who is best except dh/druid? Rerolled on new serwer, my main is DH, have gatherer druid on other server but i dont like this class and would prefer some alt that I enjoy abit more.
    I personaly use a rogue, for stealth and sprint. But it's matter of preference.

Outlaw rogue has a passive 30%(with hit and run talent) speed plus stealth which is on par with druid... yes, druid gets travel form too, but if the areas have mobs around, the 30% in stealth will be better
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I personaly use a rogue, for stealth and sprint. But it's matter of preference.
    I play a Rogue as my main and I would probably use her as my gatherer if I didn't already have 700 Engineering and Enchanting. Thought about using the free 100 on a second Rogue but I already have a lvl 67 Druid so this makes my decision pretty easy. Just wanted some reassurance before I used it.

Thanks for the replies, all!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Outlaw rogue has a passive 30%(with hit and run talent) speed plus stealth which is on par with druid... yes, druid gets travel form too, but if the areas have mobs around, the 30% in stealth will be better
    Feral Druids also get a 15% movement speed increase if you talent it. Not as good as 30% compared to Outlaw but still pretty good nonetheless.

Once flying is unlocked, wouldn't monks be superior to druids? Their flying cloud is also instant and they can mine without getting off the cloud, while druids have to shapeshift to do the same.

Double gathering is no bueno, since you will be getting Blood of Sargeras, which is needed for crafting professions, but is not tradable (BoP). Will be a waste, unless you drop 1 of the gathering and pick up a crafting later.

Hunters are the best gatherer with no flying enabled. Shortest cooldown on their aggro reset and they have a CC. Bring some goblin glider kits and you are good to go. This is until flying is enabled and then druids are the best.

Deleted
    Night Elf Druid.

Feral spec or affinity for the movement speed increase.
    Displacer beast.
    Dash.
    Stealth past mobs, useful in caves.
    Shadow meld to drop aggro.
    When flying is enabled instant mount and can herb while mounted. Before flying is enabled use the Sky Golem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Druid has most of the functionality of rogues such as stealth, move speed, and if you're a nelf, a "vanish" that's semi working now. Plus it can still herb and gather other things (like quest objects) in flight form, just can't mine in flight form.

My primary gatherer since BC has been a druid alt, since I play a druid main with LTW and ENCH.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Druid, unless they introduce another way to stay mounted while gathering like in WoD, then best class is paladin or Dk due to the increased mounted speed passive.
    Blacksmiths have you covered there they have an item which allows mounted gathering in Broken Isles and lasts 2 hours (8 if you are a BS).
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark View Post
    Double gathering is no bueno, since you will be getting Blood of Sargeras, which is needed for crafting professions, but is not tradable (BoP). Will be a waste, unless you drop 1 of the gathering and pick up a crafting later.
    I am not 100% sure, but I read a Blizzard dev said that they will add things you can buy with blood of sargeras so it will not be useless to non-crafters..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Tauren Druid with Herbalism. Cultivation is awesome.

Deleted
    Shoulder enchants will let you stay mounted while interacting (e.g. gathering) with stuff and hand enchants will make gathering faster. So any class will be good, not only druids. Ofc, you can't beat instant flying form.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if DH mastery increases no only ground speed but also mount flying speed, anyway in Legion skinning with mob killing probably gone give more gold than mining/herbalism

Deleted
    Herbalism : any char with the 300 toys mount.

Mining : Druidz