Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masati View Post
    Wow thanks for the constructive post and insight into what the OP asked.

- - - Updated - - -

S tier:

In no particular order:
    Unholy DK, WW monk, BM hunter, fire Mage, fury war and possibly enhance

Tanks: DKs but all the gap in tanks is less noticeable than the dps gaps.

Healers: resto druids are winners but same with tanks on the rest of the class balance

Can't speak for what will end up in "A" tier but I expect shadow priests to be left out tier for dungeon content again.
    What order would you in your opnion put the tanks in? Im especially curious on Monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    What order would you in your opnion put the tanks in? Im especially curious on Monks.
    I've read somewhere on the monkforums that brewmasters will be very good, if not, the best tanks for mythic+.
    Good mobility, very good survivability/selfhealing and very good aoe dps which is extremely important. Most of the time in the dungeons wil be spent on trash -> more aoe = faster trashclearing.

You probably just don't hear much about them because monk is the least played class ever
    Last edited by Woosa; 2016-08-08 at 08:58 PM.

I cant speak for Brewmasters, but MWer and WW both look really solid.

WW is performing great with their AOE and ST being nice, also lots of stun/control for adds.

MWer playstyle is really fun now imo. Soothing Mists is a bit weird now, but everything else flows great, solid CDs and answers for any situation.

Monk mobility is also still supreme, can't beat it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Id say Resto druid and Holy paladin for Mythic+ as your healers, easily.

As for Dps, it seems grabbing anything with really good burst aoe and decent ST is nice, since you will want to destroy trash mobs as fast as possible and then the decent ST would be useful on the bosses of course. I know Havoc and Fire mage have decent burst aoe, not sure about anything else.

For tanks, anything with really good survivability and self heals which mainly goes to Blood DK and prot pally.

My set up was Blood DK, holy pally, Fire mage, Havoc, Fury warrior. We got to about 9 and stopped for a bit, was definitely my preferred comp though. If your healer isnt a holy pally, Id say take a prot pally tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    How hard is it to achieve the times? I thought that with Legion challenge modes they were moving the focus back to making the content itself tough, not achieving the time.

I hate speed runs, hate killing a boss and having something tell me I didn't do it fast enough, so I have to go back and try again. I'm fine with losing to an enrage timer though, or to a hard boss that takes a few wipes. I also like being able to have time in between fights to chat and just fool around, not OMG OMG WE HAVE TO START ON TRASH IMMEDIATELY AND USE INVIS POTS HERE AND HERE'S WHERE YOU WALL CLIMB.

On the other hand, I had a blast running challenge modes when WoD came out, with most of my team in 625 blues, just going for completion and the daily 640 piece. It sometimes took forever to clear a dungeon but it was a lot of fun.

Anyone care to enlighten me?
    If you'd read previous posts in this thread, you'd find your answer.

You have a LOT of time, theres no need to speed run. Time wise it's very well balanced. Obviously if you undergear, you might fail on time due to stuff not dying fast enough. Some of the affixes are a lot easier than others though.

Overflowing + Holy Paladin =

Quote Originally Posted by artog View Post
    Afaik, you can make a 110 with fully unlocked artifact on the pvp realm.
    But you can't use it for anything PvE related, so it's not all that helpful. I'd want to see how the specs work in raids, mostly.

Deleted
    Most of you mentions Fire Mage - im playing as one in prepatch.

Where is this "good" bursty AoE dmg for dungeon trash packs coming from?

We do good dmg when combustion is up, but thats every 2 minutes, and preferable save it for bosses.

Can anyone explain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fragnot View Post
    Most of you mentions Fire Mage - im playing as one in prepatch.

Where is this "good" bursty AoE dmg for dungeon trash packs coming from?

We do good dmg when combustion is up, but thats every 2 minutes, and preferable save it for bosses.

Can anyone explain
    Normal rotation, Conflagration and Living bomb is pretty gut. Especially if you time it well with RoP.

Deleted
    Normal rotation, Conflagration and Living bomb is pretty gut. Especially if you time it well with RoP.
    It's not just that. Actually I play with Firestarter because of the 100% perfect opener and fast hot streaks on trash. Aftershocks by itself is insane for trash, I got it a couple of days ago on beta and I saw a considerable DPS difference. Also I think Flame Patch seems to be the winner for trash due to allowing you to get more frequent Hot Streaks (rather than using a GCD for Living Bomb) and therefore more double Flamestrikes. I have not done too many high level M+ dungeons (10-12) to give some solid information though so I might be wrong.

Deleted
    I did a couple of mythic (0) on beta and the classes that shine the most in those seem to be:
    - Demon Hunter (duh)
    - Rogue (seen one at 855 ilvl that did a 1.3M dps burst opener)
    - Warrior (an 840 ilvl one did around 400k dps - on that boss that starts at 30% hp)
    - Fire mage (again, 840 ilvl with 500-800k dps burst openers)

Haven't really seen any other classes dominate (only had one Enhancer, but that was undergeared at 815ilvl)

Shadow priests are fine when mobs live longer (higher mythic+s), but will be middle of the road for trash and good for bosses
    Destruction Warlocks are about the same
    Affliction warlocks will be rather good at trash (with 2 golden artifact traits) - but not as good as the abovementioned classes - and ok-ish at bosses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    It's not just that. Actually I play with Firestarter because of the 100% perfect opener and fast hot streaks on trash. Aftershocks by itself is insane for trash, I got it a couple of days ago on beta and I saw a considerable DPS difference. Also I think Flame Patch seems to be the winner for trash due to allowing you to get more frequent Hot Streaks (rather than using a GCD for Living Bomb) and therefore more double Flamestrikes. I have not done too many high level M+ dungeons (10-12) to give some solid information though so I might be wrong.
    I have only done 6+, and I play a DK - so your information is most likely alot better than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    Firestarter is literally the worst talent out of the 3
    Aftershocks is absolutely a trash-tier golden trait, it does approx 15% of a flame strikes damage
    You want to be running Living Bomb over Flame Patch 100% of the time (After the FP nerfs)
    How do you get more frequent Hot Streaks while using flame strike? You're losing a HS proc with no chance of getting a HU proc every time you cast Flame Strike, you're getting LESS HS procs with flame strike/flame patch vs LB.

Your post is just full of errors.

Is disc Priest viable at all for higher end mythic dungeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Will re-open the topic. Generally help me choose a class threads don't have a place in this forum, but in this case as it seems to be a trend to make your what to play decision based what is good enough for mythic, then let's keep the discussion what classes are for best and your questions to this topic please.

Ww monk, unholy dk, BM hunter, blood dk and resto druid are top tier for me.
    Fire mage, enhance shaman, outlaw rogue, warlock specs , and havoc DH is next tier. Monk and vengeance are extremely best tank and I classify any healing spec other than disc as more than capable for pushing times.

- - - Updated - - -

Blood dk>> vengeance> bear > paladin > Monk > warrior. But of course as others have pointed out the difference is very small between all the tanks aside from blood. Since the timer is no longer about racing it will be more important that your tank understands how to avoids wipes and ways to make the groups job easier.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Warrpath View Post
    Is disc Priest viable at all for higher end mythic dungeons?
    disc struggles as most of their new setup is based around single target damage to provide aoe healing, and their tools for tank healing aren't great

you can go into a dungeon and spam shadow mend, plea, and radiance to try and do it, but the fact of the matter is you'll just do a lot less healing to the tank, which means less mobs pulled, to the point that you doing 2-3x as much damage on bosses in exchange for that weaker trash-pull healing will very likely not be making up the difference

then meanwhile, there's druids whose mastery allows them to park 5 hots on the tank and let them all do double healing while they throw damage and cc spells (vortex typhoon as a de facto aoe interrupt) and have pretty nice single target damage, even when taking guardian affinity for the damage reduction

and shamans who have an interrupt and an aoe stun and spirit link

monks who have ok tank healing, but do have nice cc and damage

I actually don't really know where holy paladin stands in mythic dungeons cause I dont have one

holy who is you but better basically, you could maybe pull off swapping from holy to disc to do more damage on the 2nd to last or last boss of an instance if you have time to drop combat, but imo, if you don't have an insane tank who won't need healing anyways, I'd stick to holy, but I do think some of the top runs will come from a group with the disc priest just there to heal the dps while tank just heals himself, but I think that really only applies to like the top 0.01% of players
    Last edited by ryklin; 2016-08-14 at 11:41 AM.

Tbh, you can simply bring any class/spec to Mythic+. There no longer are tough timers which needs you to bring fotm only. In fact, the timers are pretty light with 45 min or whatever they are now (haven't been in beta).

Blood dk and resto druid are always good.

I've heard that vengeance and brewmaster are good for mythics (brew might be lacking a bit on aoe, imo). I think ww monk is a great choice for dps, with multiple aoe options. Fury warr basically has free aoe, so that's good too. Not sure about casters, might want to pick specs with most CC for high levels of mythic+.
    I don't play healers, but a dude from Method mentioned that holy priest is very strong in mythic+, and resto shaman is supposed to be able to heal up multiple people the fastest with chain heal (feel free to correct me on this).

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Ww monk, unholy dk, BM hunter, blood dk and resto druid are top tier for me.
    Fire mage, enhance shaman, outlaw rogue, warlock specs , and havoc DH is next tier. Monk and vengeance are extremely best tank and I classify any healing spec other than disc as more than capable for pushing times.

- - - Updated - - -

Blood dk>> vengeance> bear > paladin > Monk > warrior. But of course as others have pointed out the difference is very small between all the tanks aside from blood. Since the timer is no longer about racing it will be more important that your tank understands how to avoids wipes and ways to make the groups job easier.
    The hell happened that made Warrior go from #1 to Dead last? And did Blood DK suddenly get a huge buff?

Last I heard it was Warrior > Bear >>> Blood/Vengeance > Paladin/Monk.

OT: Anything with easily accessed AoE on a relatively short cooldown will be strong in M+. WW and DH both have a LOT of AoE tools, Fire mage is, as usual, strong with AoE. UH DK is awesome, as expected. Fury Warrior has a very powerful AoE rotation. BM Hunters will likely enjoy a spot in most groups due to their very short and powerful CD, bestial wrath. Boomkin is fine, probably not top tier - but pretty close to it. Ret completely depends on how their balance ends up, but they're probably in the "fine" category.

Beyond that, the rest of the specs outside of Affliction and Shadow will be fine. I doubt many either of the dot specs will be common pick ups in M10+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    CMs weren't fun at all, they felt more like sessions at the dentist, 8 times.
    Then don't do them? There are plenty of other stuff to do in the game. Do what you enjoy doing.

People forget WoW is a GAME. It's sole existence is for our entertainment, nothing more. If you don't enjoy it, then go do something you enjoy.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama