Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sort by Weapon Damage % desc, Damage Per Rage desc

Single Target outside Deadly Calm for FoB build

Single Target outside Deadly Calm for FR build

Addition by @Warriorsarri: FR > Exe even sub20% outside DC window.
    Exe is only used when you CS and don't have at least FR(2).

You want Iron Mythic Titanforged relic from Millificent Manastorm in Violet Hold: http://www.wowhead.com/item=137469/t...2:1727&spec=71
    You want Blood Mythic Titanforged relic from Warlord Parjesh in Eye of Azshara: http://www.wowhead.com/item=137363/b...7:1727&spec=71
    You want Shadow Mythic Titanforged from Serpentix in Eye of Azshara: http://www.wowhead.com/item=137377/s...7:1727&spec=71
    Precise Strikes and Unending Rage as placeholder alternatives at most.
    Last edited by mmoc14553d1068; 2016-09-13 at 05:35 PM. Reason: FR nerf

I'm not sure of the sim's but the Fr build seems to be a fair way ahead of FOB build for me, opportunity strikes doesn't seem to add a whole lot of damage, perhaps the fights need to be longer but in 3-4 min fights FR arms was kinda wrecking fury and most other specs, this is in normal mode testing with legendaries (using execute ring)

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    I'm not sure of the sim's but the Fr build seems to be a fair way ahead of FOB build for me, opportunity strikes doesn't seem to add a whole lot of damage, perhaps the fights need to be longer but in 3-4 min fights FR arms was kinda wrecking fury and most other specs, this is in normal mode testing with legendaries (using execute ring)
    had the same experience even without the ring , just gloves. I was also able to match/better Hunters and DHs on long ST fights too (5-6 min)

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    had the same experience even without the ring , just gloves. I was also able to match/better Hunters and DHs on long ST fights too (5-6 min)
    Yep, other top St in ours were enhance shammies, MM hunters, Dks and Dhs and I was beating them most tries, FR arms (with avatar) seems a good bit ahead of most atm

I'm guessing with the latest Arms changes, the same priority list from the FoB build can be used for the slam build (OP, Avatar, Iftk, trauma, Opp Strikes), right?. Only that you replace WW with Slam.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    If you're going with the the Fervor of Battle build, you'll want to prioritize your spells like this above 20%:
    Colossus Smash (If CS is not up on the target)
    Warbreaker (If CS is not up on the target)
    Overpower (if talented)
    Mortal Strike (If Shattered Defenses is up)
    Colossus Smash (If Shattered Defenses is not up)
    Warbreaker (If Shattered Defenses is not up)
    Whirlwind (If Colossus Smash is up and 50+ rage)
    Heroic Charge
    Whirlwind (If less than 20 rage from capping).
    Does this list imply that you don't use MS if SD isn't up? Or am I just reading this wrong?
    Last edited by gruxxar; 2016-08-16 at 09:02 AM.
    made by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    I'm guessing with the latest Arms changes, the same priority list from the FoB build can be used for the slam build (OP, Avatar, Iftk, trauma, Opp Strikes), right?. Only that you replace WW with Slam.

Also:
    Does this list imply that you don't use MS if SD isn't up? Or am I just reading this wrong?
    Quick heads up.

Slam is now king.
    FR sims really badly.
    FoB is not worth using, for single target.

This is the build that sims the highest, at level 110, don't care about 100 any longer.
    Mas>>Vers>Crit>Haste

Have yet to test Legendaries nor have I done Trinket comparisons.
    Stay tuned.

Updated the rotation list.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Please can someone explains what the WD% means and also DPR means in the spreadsheet? Sorry if this is all obvious or anything but that top screenshot I can make no sense of whatso ever and it seems like a really helpful resource :c

WD% = Weapon Damage %
    DPR = Damage per Rage/Resources
    My Stream

Deleted
    WD% = Weapon Damage %
    DPR = Damage per Rage/Resources
    Alright thank you very much

How the hell does Arms' Rage generation work in 7.0? Do you just get like 30 Rage every autoattack, or what?
    Last edited by Nadiru; 2016-08-20 at 04:05 AM.

In the OP, the rotation is explained like this:

Rend (If down/less than global remaining)
    Colossus Smash (If CS is not up on the target)
    Warbreaker (If CS is not up on the target)
    Overpower (if talented)
    Mortal Strike (If Shattered Defenses is up)
    Colossus Smash (If Shattered Defenses is not up)
    Warbreaker (If Shattered Defenses is not up)
    Mortal Strike
    Slam (If Colossus Smash is up and 50+ rage)
    Whirlwind (If Colossus Smash is up and 50+ rage, and FoB taken)
    Heroic Charge
    Slam (If less than 20 rage from capping)
    Whirlwind (If less than 20 rage from capping, and FoB taken).

There are a couple of confusing elements to me though. I must be missing something, but with the standard build, I'd do something like this?:

1.) Excluding pots/long cooldowns, my opening on the boss is like this: Charge, Colossus Smash, (Overpower if proc), Mortal Strike. Is this correct? With excess Rage, I simply Slam?

2.) When Tactician procs, do I immediately refresh Colossus Smash (assuming I spent my last Shattered Defenses immediately) so I can get the Shattered Defenses buff for a new Mortal Strike (or Execute under 20%)? Does this hold true even if my current Colossus Smash has 6 seconds left?

3.) I always Execute on Shattered Defenses, but otherwise only Execute at 80+? In addition, never Slam below 20% boss health?

4.) This should be clear, but Warbreaker also procs Shattered Defenses?

What's the stat priorities for Arms in Legion and during the Pre-patch?
    During the Pre-patch Arms wants: Haste > Vers >= Mas > Crit
    In Legion Arms wants: Mastery > Vers > Crit > Haste
    what happen at 110 that stat prio change so much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    How the hell does Arms' Rage generation work in 7.0? Do you just get like 30 Rage every autoattack, or what?
    25 from white swings, 45'ish from white crits, Charge on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    1.) Excluding pots/long cooldowns, my opening on the boss is like this: Charge, Colossus Smash, (Overpower if proc), Mortal Strike. Is this correct? With excess Rage, I simply Slam?

2.) When Tactician procs, do I immediately refresh Colossus Smash (assuming I spent my last Shattered Defenses immediately) so I can get the Shattered Defenses buff for a new Mortal Strike (or Execute under 20%)? Does this hold true even if my current Colossus Smash has 6 seconds left?

3.) I always Execute on Shattered Defenses, but otherwise only Execute at 80+? In addition, never Slam below 20% boss health?

4.) This should be clear, but Warbreaker also procs Shattered Defenses?
    1.) Charge>CS>OP>MS>CS/OP/Warbreaker>CS/OP/Slam, depending on if you've gotten procs. If you have nothing to press, then pres Slam or Heroic Charge.

2.) If CS is not up, press CS. If CS is up, but Shattered Defenses is down, press CS. If Shattered Defenses is up, Press MS, then press CS.

3.) Sub 20% spend your SD on Execute. If CS is up fill as many globals as you can with either Execute or MS. If you don't get another CS proc doing that keep pressing MS on CD, and if you're about to cap rage use an Execute to prevent you from doing so.

4.) Warbreaker procs Shattered Defenses. The Legendary Leggs (Leap = AoE CS) does not proc Shattered Defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    what happen at 110 that stat prio change so much ?
    Shattered Defenses makes Crit real bad. Not being GCD locked, and using Slam over WW makes Haste real weak. Higher CS up-time makes Mastery super strong. Vers is just a good stat.
    My Stream

Deleted
    Is there an updated list of which traits we should aim for first? Saw a picture a few days ago but it was said to be outdated (Arms).

Deleted
    Is Rend worth atm?

Rend is slightly worse than Avatar in most situations, but they're close enough together that you can pick whichever you prefer.

This is currently the best path to take for Arms.
    My Stream

1.) Charge>CS>OP>MS>CS/OP/Warbreaker>CS/OP/Slam, depending on if you've gotten procs. If you have nothing to press, then pres Slam or Heroic Charge.

2.) If CS is not up, press CS. If CS is up, but Shattered Defenses is down, press CS. If Shattered Defenses is up, Press MS, then press CS.

3.) Sub 20% spend your SD on Execute. If CS is up fill as many globals as you can with either Execute or MS. If you don't get another CS proc doing that keep pressing MS on CD, and if you're about to cap rage use an Execute to prevent you from doing so.

4.) Warbreaker procs Shattered Defenses. The Legendary Leggs (Leap = AoE CS) does not proc Shattered Defenses.

This makes it so much simpler, thank you .

Deleted
    Rend is slightly worse than Avatar in most situations, but they're close enough together that you can pick whichever you prefer.

This is currently the best path to take for Arms.
    Do you have something like this for fury ? Kinda interested in what your opinion on this is. I think all 3 greater traits are important but I think Juggernaut + Odyns will be my first ones since they have really good minor traits nearby, but thats just guessing without sims or anything.

Orange>Green>Blue>Red>Rest
    My Stream