Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It's just the usual people being hipsters and posting their standard nonsense tripe.. by today's standards the old garbage vampires of the early days of film and the first ones in novels are kinda lame and tame, almost "toothless" compared to what people get away with today. Frankly most fairy tales and religious scripture are more "evil" compared to that.
    I find their mindset to be fascinating. I wish they'd reply more/faster. It's almost as if they have a mental block concerning anything animated, especially animation from Japan. I wonder if they'd consider something like Law and Order to be less appropriate for children than Attack on Titan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, the actual lore on werewolves
    "The actual lore"? What would that be? Wikipedia?

I'm not really interested in that anyway. A werewolf without a war form, or at the very least, a wolf-man form, isn't a werewolf. Sorry, I'm just an oWoD purist, and before finding the card game Jyhad and Vampire the Masquerade RPG, and from there WW the Apocalypse, I loved actual werewolves of movies.

One of my favorite movies, while cheesy, is Silver Bullet, and I just loved She-Wolf of London back in the day.

As for oWoD purism... Remember when you could walk into a store and buy this?

Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-08-13 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    A lot of people just have certain misconceptions about anything anime.
    Surely it has to be more than that though, right? I mean, if it was something as simple as a misconception, showing proof that's directly contradictory to that misconception should dispel that, no? It seems to me like willful ignorance, or maybe something even beyond that like some kind of neurosis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Surely it has to be more than that though, right? I mean, if it was something as simple as a misconception, showing proof that's directly contradictory to that misconception should dispel that, no? It seems to me like willful ignorance, or maybe something even beyond that like some kind of neurosis.
    Perhaps people just don't like the style of anime, the simplistic use of as few frames as possible, and the mixing together of technology and fantasy with to-some-people-weird Japanese themes.

Not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Perhaps people just don't like the style of anime, the simplistic use of as few frames as possible, and the mixing together of technology and fantasy with to-some-people-weird Japanese themes.

Not my cup of tea.
    I understand you, I also don't like movies with human actors, because they are all like Bay's Transformers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post

Their days are Counted
    ah, ah, ah

Today's mauling is brought to you by the number 3

That is 3, three viciously torn-out-jugulars ah,ah,ah.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Deleted
    I understand you, I also don't like movies with human actors, because they are all like Bay's Transformers, right?
    Right... Because certain stylistic elements aren't apparent in every single anime ever made.

And, just to end this asinine debate right here; all anime are cartoons. If cartoons isn't your thing, then anime isn't your thing. End of discussion.

Not my cup of tea.
    That's not an anime thing, that's an individual show thing. That's like watching That 70s Show and then declaring that all American TV is shit because it uses laugh tracks, or reading Harry Potter and declaring all books as shit because they contain teen romance drama. It's a completely fucking asinine position that is not grounded in reality.

Also, dislike of something should not force some weird neurosis on you where you cannot evaluate anything in any kind of objective manner. Example: I fucking hate Harry Potter, hate everything about it. That doesn't mean I'm going to dispute that Voldemort could beat a fat cop in a fight. It's absurd.

Right... Because certain stylistic elements aren't apparent in every single anime ever made.

And, just to end this asinine debate right here; all anime are cartoons. If cartoons isn't your thing, then anime isn't your thing. End of discussion.
    So you are just close minded? Okay.

Don't scare him off! I'm making progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Don't know much about anime, do you?
    Go educate yourself on anime history a bit if you don't know what I'm talking about.

That's not an anime thing
    Being a cartoon is an anime thing. Anime is cartoons. If watching cartoons isn't your thing then that's it.

I don't get my jollies from cartoons, regardless of where they're made, and I especially don't like the often Japanese and Asian stylistic choices in anime. I also don't play Asian MMOs or other Asian games, because I don't like their style. Last I checked, the bigot is the one who says people aren't free not to like something.

Guy doesn't like anime, is accused of having a neurosis.

Stay classy, weeaboos.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Did not disappoint. I would vote Dio too if he was actually put up in the list.

All the powers of a vampire while being able to stop time, pretty OP

So many emo teeny vampires and twinkly teeny vampires and pantywetting teeny vampires and animu vampires here.

Where are the real vampires?
    Dio would laugh at your "real vampires"

Go educate yourself on anime history a bit if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Being a cartoon is an anime thing. Anime is cartoons. If watching cartoons isn't your thing then that's it.
    No no no no no. Don't backpedal now. You said,"the simplistic use of as few frames as possible, and the mixing together of technology and fantasy with to-some-people-weird Japanese themes."

That's a rather specific criticism that is simply not true. Has nothing to do with like or dislike of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    Guy doesn't like anime, gets accused of having a neurosis.

Stay classy, weeaboos.
    Nah, he is already at the point where he is saying that you can't have any kind of animation being a good transport for a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I really don't like the Underworld vampires. They rely too much on guns and other weapons, and rarely show their vampire powers. They're disappointing.
    Selene does at least use some vampire abilities in the movies. She has superhuman agility/strength/speed, quick healing, etc. There's one scene in...I think the first Underworld movie, where she takes on a bunch of cops at once and pretty much destroys them (just hand-to-hand combat without using her guns). I remember at least one scene where she lifts a dude (who is bigger than she is) up by his throat with one hand and slams him against the wall like he's nothing.

She also does some acrobatic stunts that a normal human wouldn't be able to do. We see her jump from a pretty high roof to the ground without taking any damage.

I do agree that it's just standard vampire stuff and nothing spectacular, but I feel like she could at least put up a good fight against the others on OP's list, even with the "no weapons" restriction.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-08-13 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    Guy doesn't like anime, is accused of having a neurosis.

Stay classy, weeaboos.
    I didn't accuse anyone of having a neurosis, I was merely speculating as to why some people must lie and/or make up random shit about anime that is demonstrably false. But facts are gay right?

Deleted
    No no no no no. Don't backpedal now. You said,"the simplistic use of as few frames as possible, and the mixing together of technology and fantasy with to-some-people-weird Japanese themes."
    Yeah, and at least one of those things will be present in any anime you can link for me to watch right now. Please. Go ahead.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-08-13 at 09:03 PM.

I love it that weeaboos are coming out of their basements to defend their "wifes" and shit, hilarious.

Stay weeb.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.