Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question How do you bind Sub Rogues and Shadow Dance?

Always wondered what the best way to use Shadow Dance is - do you have a permanent binds on your stealth abilities (cheap shot, sap etc) out of stealth as well or how do you do it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just have the three stealth abilities bound to their own keybinds. With hemorrhage and Garrote gone I have enough space for them to have their own keybinds.

Struggled with that today. I used to have a few different abilities change depening on stealth/no stealth, but I had to give in and just bind everything regardless of stealth.

well my stealth and regular bar look exactly the same:

http://imgur.com/a/EX6xq

Stealthed:
    1 = sap
    2 = cheapshot
    3 = symbols
    4 = shadow strike

Unstealthed (and shadow dance):
    1 = kidney
    2 = cheapshot
    3 = goremaw
    4 = shadow strike
    5 = evis

Other:
    q = shadow dance
    t = shadow step
    c = backstab
    shift r = shadow blades
    alt 3 = night blade
    alt 4 = symbols of death (refreshing when out of stealth during dance)

Those are my keybinds for sub specific spells. alt modifiers on the stuns for shadow step to focus target. (same with my interrupt. e = kick and alt-e = shadowstep kick focus)
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-08-14 at 12:05 AM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    I'll take LiiLoSNK's format.

Stealthed:
    1: bind P; Sap
    2: bind 2; Vanish
    3: bind 3; Shadow Strike
    4: bind 4; Backstab
    5: bind 5; kidney shot - modshift Nightblade
    Mousewheel down: Evis

no stealth:
    1: bind P; Sap
    2: bind 2; Vanish
    3: bind 3; Shadow Strike
    4: bind 4; Backstab
    5: bind 5; kidney shot - modshift Nightblade
    Mousewheel down: Evis

other;
    Bind S: Shadow Dance
    Bind ShiftS: Shadow Blades
    Bind Shift 3: Symbols of death

Sub specific binds, out of 58 binds, some of which are use for sub.

I have shadowstrike bound on the same key in and out of stealth, and backstab on my "hemo" key "E" since it shouldn't be used often. Dance-cheap macro, dance-SS macro, dance-sap macros, all on seperate bars regardless of stealth. This is pretty much how everyone played sub since wotlk except just with shadowstrike replacing backstab.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it by pressing "N", left clicking assassination or outlaw, and then swapping to whichever spec I picked.

Moron devs thinking its a good idea. *Facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    I did it by pressing "N", left clicking assassination or outlaw, and then swapping to whichever spec I picked.

Moron devs thinking its a good idea. *Facepalm*
    Plenty of people think sub is fun to play. Go be fun police elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beebopcola View Post
    Plenty of people think sub is fun to play. Go be fun police elsewhere.
    I never said it wasnt fun... wtf? R u okay?

Its fun, but that fun is outweighed by the inconvenience of having to make extra ridiculous hotkeys that I'm not used to for no reason other than "celestalon said so"

My rogues my alt, so I just wont deal with it, ill go play specs that perform better anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    I never said it wasnt fun... wtf? R u okay?

Its fun, but that fun is outweighed by the inconvenience of having to make extra ridiculous hotkeys that I'm not used to for no reason other than "celestalon said so"

My rogues my alt, so I just wont deal with it, ill go play specs that perform better anyways.
    you werent used to pressing hemo?:P just bind backstab to that.

i agree on the principle of it but in practice you get used to it in like an hour, you barely backstab anyway.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-08-13 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you werent used to pressing hemo?:P just bind backstab to that.

i agree on the principle of it but in practice you get used to it in like an hour, you barely backstab anyway.
    Principle means a lot to me. I refuse to play a spec that the devs want to make (pardon the word, i know some people hate it ) feel clunky, "just because"...

The entire premise is they want to cut down on button bloat, so then they make it have the definition of button bloat...

Why the fuck would I wanna backstab when im shadow dancing?

Makes no sense.

On principle, and on the fact that its my alt, I choose to just not play the spec. Why go through the hassle? Its an alt for petes sake, might as well make it easy and have a good time right?

not knowing how to play the spec doesn't make it button bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    not knowing how to play the spec doesn't make it button bloat.
    oh it is button bloat, to say otherwise is just ignorant, all im saying is that in practice it's barely noticable

the devs are incompetent oompa loompas for putting it in tho

oh it is button bloat, to say otherwise is just ignorant, all im saying is that in practice it's barely noticable

the devs are incompetent oompa loompas for putting it in tho
    then you don't know how to play the spec you're talking about. there are no extra ridiculous hotkeys necessary. to say otherwise is blatantly ignorant/over complicating a spec you don't understand.

then you don't know how to play the spec you're talking about. there are no extra ridiculous hotkeys necessary. to say otherwise is blatantly ignorant/over complicating a spec you don't understand.
    okay then tell me the secret magic trick of having backstab and shadowstrike on the same button

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...171602/latest/ im also psure i can play the spec

okay then tell me the secret magic trick of having backstab and shadowstrike on the same button
    backstab is almost never used. even then, the spec uses 1 more button than assassination. that's not button bloat.

backstab is almost never used. even then, the spec uses 1 more button than assassination. that's not button bloat.
    it is when buttons you used to have on the same key now are on seprate ones

do you even know what button bloat is?

it would be like putting void eruption and void bolt on different keys for SPs, would the spec still be playable? sure does it make sense in any way to have them on separate keys when they can never be used simultaneously? no

it is when buttons you used to have on the same key now are on seprate ones

do you even know what button bloat is?

it would be like putting void eruption and void bolt on different keys for SPs, would the spec still be playable? sure does it make sense in any way to have them on separate keys when they can never be used simultaneously? no
    people refer to button bloat when they have to press multiple more buttons. not 1 button. you're using the term bloat wrong.

people refer to button bloat when they have to press multiple more buttons. not 1 button. you're using the term bloat wrong.
    okay i'll make it crystal clear so we dont misunderstand each other

backstab and ambush (now shadowstrike) used to be on the same key(or rather you had the option to have them on the same key)
    now you dont, thus now you have an extra action button on your action bar for the same function as before HENCE the term: button bloat, since now you have an extra button that doesnt serve a purpose compared to prepatch

and it literally goes against blizzard's entire philosophy for this expac, which is to REDUCE button bloat.

this is what people refer to, i dont know what you're talking about.