Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Varian final boss in Legion?

Its just makes way too much sense.

Varian gets engulfed in fel magic by Gul'Dan, possibly transported to someplace so he can get the demonic thing going. Last boss in expansion he gets revealed as the final boss.

More proof?

Blizzard likes to balance scales.

Garrosh was a final expansion boss who was corrupted. Now we need the Alliance version of that fight.

More balancing?

Tyrion dead, Varian dead. Maybe you can make a case for Arthas but he was something entirely different in the lore.

Vol'Jin dead, Garrosh dead.

Panda and Draenor were very Horde based expansions, Lich King and this one seems to be heavy Alliance, of if you dont want to count LK, Legion and the next expansion could be the heavy Ally story, as Jaina is going to have her own expansion soon enough.

Final thought about Varian being the final boss?

Anduin is still kinda wimpy, a final fight against his father who turns good at the end of the fight to kick him in the pants could be what he needs to become a great kings, which of course he will become.

Makes sense?

Deleted
    I like the idea sure. I do think varian got shafted he is apparently empowered with a demi god and has super strength/speed but dies that easily in the cinematic? blizzard going abit crazy with the over milking of villains garrosh/guldan and making actual strong heroes weak.

Now if varian did survive which maybe i hope he does (although i feel asif the smoke was to just cover up him exploding) a fel tainted varian whos abit more evil and relentless would be cool to see, it's about time the alliance started fucking with the horde for the amount they do to them.. sylvanas retreating the horde was retarded in the sense of oh fuck the alliance save the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well original guldan made the first death knights so why not

Deleted
    After reading the Illidan novel and playing dh intro/broken shore, I'm convinced the final boss is kiljaeden. Just one short of sargeras, because that would be stupid. No way around it. Quote me on it. If I'm wrong, you get a cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Le rarest Pepe View Post
    After reading the Illidan novel and playing dh intro/broken shore, I'm convinced the final boss is kiljaeden. Just one short of sargeras, because that would be stupid. No way around it. Quote me on it. If I'm wrong, you get a cookie.
    It should be Sargeras imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Thick View Post
    Its just makes way too much sense.

Varian gets engulfed in fel magic by Gul'Dan, possibly transported to someplace so he can get the demonic thing going. Last boss in expansion he gets revealed as the final boss.

More proof?

Blizzard likes to balance scales.

Garrosh was a final expansion boss who was corrupted. Now we need the Alliance version of that fight.

More balancing?

Tyrion dead, Varian dead. Maybe you can make a case for Arthas but he was something entirely different in the lore.

Vol'Jin dead, Garrosh dead.

Panda and Draenor were very Horde based expansions, Lich King and this one seems to be heavy Alliance, of if you dont want to count LK, Legion and the next expansion could be the heavy Ally story, as Jaina is going to have her own expansion soon enough.

Final thought about Varian being the final boss?

Anduin is still kinda wimpy, a final fight against his father who turns good at the end of the fight to kick him in the pants could be what he needs to become a great kings, which of course he will become.

Makes sense?
    Sure it makes sense... if you find a way to gather up all Varian's pieces and reassemble him some way. Failing that, then no, You have a better chance of being alive when Yellowstone explodes.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It should be Sargeras imho.

Not seeing it right now. The Illidan novel makes it clear that illidans endgame is to port (with us) to argus and punt over kiljaeden, before turning into the hand of Adal, champion of the naaru. I don't see sargeras intervening. Where is the guy anyway? If the legion knows where Azeroth is, why isn't he coming?

Because blizzard is saving him up for the semifinal, I think.

Final boss? I don't think so. But he definitely could get a Saurfang Junior treatment. Even more so that in Saurfang's case we actually saw him die and there was nothing hinting at him being a boss in ICC, while in Varian's case we don't get to see his body. Yeah, there was an explosion, but that's nothing but a cliffhanger in Warcraft.

Could be a red herring, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Oh ffs, Varian is DEAD, you don't create the monument in stormwind, the Anduin comic, all the deal with the intro CGI cinematic foreshadowing his death writing that note and all that just to bring him back as a boss or something, the closest thing to a resurrected/raid boss version of Varian will be us saving/discovering his spirit with Helya's/Sylvanas's help or some kind of story like that.

Do you want a compensation for Garrosh? maybe Jaina will do.

Deleted
    That said, it's possible that sargeras does show up, in a proxy fight. Like, he leaves a surprise for us after we thought we defeated the big bad, and gleefully fucks off. No way he'll die, though.

Not seeing it right now. The Illidan novel makes it clear that illidans endgame is to port (with us) to argus and punt over kiljaeden, before turning into the hand of Adal, champion of the naaru. I don't see sargeras intervening. Where is the guy anyway? If the legion knows where Azeroth is, why isn't he coming?

Because blizzard is saving him up for the semifinal, I think.
    Well the whole Argus thing is what makes me think we won't kill Sargeras in Legion, although I wish we would. So I could finally quit lol. However Argus in and of itself can't be an individual zone like timeless isle/tanaan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    Oh ffs, Varian is DEAD, you don't create the monument in stormwind, the Anduin comic, all the deal with the intro CGI cinematic foreshadowing his death writing that note and all that just to bring him back as a boss or something, the closest thing to a resurrected/raid boss version of Varian will be us saving/discovering his spirit with Helya's/Sylvanas's help or some kind of story like that.

Do you want a compensation for Garrosh? maybe Jaina will do.
    Agreed, Jaina isn't going to make it. Malygos treatment. Unless she's been Malganis all along. Because that guy is conspicuously absent, too.
    Last edited by mmoc48cc6e9b6a; 2016-08-13 at 09:34 PM.

Would be nice, but it will not happen.. Kil'jaeden still favo.

Deleted
    Bringing Varian back as fel-Varian would be lame even for Blizzard standards, which is saying something.

Didn't blizzard say that the last boss will be someone we don't expect?

So it's either Varian (cos apparently he's dead) or Jaina (maybe she actually died at theramore)

maybe a new boss in revamped karazhan the Shade of Varian
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

it doesnt make any sense lol

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, Jaina isn't going to make it. Malygos treatment. Unless she's been Malganis all along. Because that guy is conspicuously absent, too.
    Apparently he was at the Broken Shore, although I wasn't paying attention to all the named NPCs in those final waves Gul'dan summons.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    I hope for Ghostcrawler.

Since I started with WoW I wanted nothing more than battle that crab