Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Well, there was also the fact that 99.9% of DK tanks were fucking retarded, playing retarded specs (because you could tank as Frost, Blood or UH) and insta-dying. Any time I saw the tank was a DK I just left or kicked them or didn't invite them to begin with.
    Would be interesting to graph the number of hunters playing during that era, and DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Slightly off topic, but my friend and I had a blast on DH opening night playing double ray of frost frost mage in 2s skirms and making the lifes of all demon hunters a living hell.

We had a hearty laugh about how bad demon hunters are at dealing with slows and stuff, and how we kill them in seconds with double ray.

The fact that their interupt only blocks casting for like 3 seconds is hillarious.

FeelsGoodMan
    I love seeing them fel rushing around the place with a stream of projectiles following them.
    Killing DH is prob the best part of this expansion launch, tbqh.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, when my guildies and I form groups we don't accept DHs. Not because people are bad, but because we're feeding the better gear to our guild DHs and don't want loot competition.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    the tier tokens from hfc do say demon hunter so
    I'll need to check in game later but there isn't a set according to wowhead:

http://www.wowhead.com/item-sets/demon-hunter#0-2+1

Also the set mentioned through a fast google search just shows the standard LFR set with no set bonuses. The LFR set is substantially worse than just running mythic dungeons or going off-set from heroic or mythic HFC.

Deleted
    I've seen then in pugs. Only 1 out of 10 players is useful, the rest do less than half of dps of other class with similar ilevel.

So I don't invite DH into my runs. Instead of playing lottery with many useless demon hunters out there, I'd rather get a different class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So has anyone else noticed how no one wants Demon Hunters in there group.

And this is why I love que systems...

Can't make a group because no one wants to be grouped with a Demon Hunter & can't join one for the same reason.
    I have not yet experienced this, and I have tanked and DPS'd as one. Maybe due to equipment?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    I've seen then in pugs. Only 1 out of 10 players is useful, the rest do less than half of dps of other class with similar ilevel.

So I don't invite DH into my runs. Instead of playing lottery with many useless demon hunters out there, I'd rather get a different class.
    This is sadly true. They all have pretty much the same gear. They all play the same since they have like 2 buttons to press. So they are all equally poor in performance regardless of the player. There's no difference between them which is why I don't understand why they're so popular. The class feels like a gimmick to attract the new younger gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    God, the number of stupid grimdark names I saw just going through the DH starting zone.
    Thank god Spurdo, Demon Hunter of the Illidari is here to balance things out.
    I wanted to name mine Sonictheedgehog, but since that was too long, I just named it Edgehog I wish I could of just called it Edgelord

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    This is sadly true. They all have pretty much the same gear. They all play the same since they have like 2 buttons to press. So they are all equally poor in performance regardless of the player. There's no difference between them which is why I don't understand why they're so popular. The class feels like a gimmick to attract the new younger gamers.
    Clearly you're not playing one well and definitely not playing vengeance.

As a tank spec DH you are hitting on-CD for DPS/Aggro:
    Shear for pain generation
    Soul Cleave as your spender
    Brand on single target enemies
    Sigil of flame on CD
    Immolation Aura
    Throw Glaive
    Infernal Strike

All while choosing the best time to use Demon Spikes and Empower Wards for best effect and damage reduction.

Fact is that if you think that you're doing all you can or have to to DPS effectively with a DH by just hitting 2 buttons you're playing wrong and deserve your shit DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I wanted to name mine Sonictheedgehog, but since that was too long, I just named it Edgehog I wish I could of just called it Edgelord
    Named mine Bettyloo.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of my own annoyance with them stems from how they are literally Death Knight 2.0 with the naming scheme and how half of them, for obvious reasons, have no clue what they're doing and are in waaaayyyy over their heads.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Its a matter of numbers as well. There are a million people trying out the new class so groups already have enough demon hunters. Its is great that we have dungeon and raid finder though so we can still test out demon hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Clearly you're not playing one well and definitely not playing vengeance.

As a tank spec DH you are hitting on-CD for DPS/Aggro:
    Shear for pain generation
    Soul Cleave as your spender
    Brand on single target enemies
    Sigil of flame on CD
    Immolation Aura
    Throw Glaive
    Infernal Strike

All while choosing the best time to use Demon Spikes and Empower Wards for best effect and damage reduction.

Fact is that if you think that you're doing all you can or have to to DPS effectively with a DH by just hitting 2 buttons you're playing wrong and deserve your shit DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Named mine Bettyloo.
    You shouldn't really be hitting glaive throw on cd, especially if there's a 2nd tank present. It's really there for picking up adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    K so there's a difference of "We're not inviting dh's because there's a stigma that you're a noob and suck" or "We're not inviting you because you're gear sucks, you have no ring and only have 2 out of 8 rows of talents, meaning you can't do any dps, sorry"

And the reason I don't want to be with DH's is the 2nd reason, it's just obnoxious to have to carry.

This is blizzards fault for not giving DH's with mains that have rings, rings, and also blizzs fault for not letting early access have access to all 10 talents.

I did an archi LFR, my mage is 744 ilvl, but I did over 25% of archi's hp myself, because we had 13 dh's. It took like 8 of them to even compare to my dps, that's obviously LFR and I was only doing it for valor, but theres no reason I should be equal to 8 of someone elses class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I did an archi LFR, my mage is 744 ilvl, but I did over 25% of archi's hp myself, because we had 13 dh's. It took like 8 of them to even compare to my dps, that's obviously LFR and I was only doing it for valor, but theres no reason I should be equal to 8 of someone elses class.
    I don't know... I kind of expect someone in full mythic gear to do 25% of the damage in LFR, even pre-DH. Especially mages. At least that was generally how it was when I was farming valor on alts when we would get the occasional full mythic player in LFR.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    K so there's a difference of "We're not inviting dh's because there's a stigma that you're a noob and suck" or "We're not inviting you because you're gear sucks, you have no ring and only have 2 out of 8 rows of talents, meaning you can't do any dps, sorry"

And the reason I don't want to be with DH's is the 2nd reason, it's just obnoxious to have to carry.

This is blizzards fault for not giving DH's with mains that have rings, rings, and also blizzs fault for not letting early access have access to all 10 talents.

Yeah, how dare Blizzard not go out of their way to cater to players during a early release bonus. The class is obviously meant to be played 98-110, so getting butt hurt about hardships during a preview period is a little silly.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    You shouldn't really be hitting glaive throw on cd, especially if there's a 2nd tank present. It's really there for picking up adds.
    I never said I was tanking a raid. :-)

Also it's a 150% physical damage on a 3s CD that hits 3 targets.

That said, you're right. I've been juggling it in a little too much since it's less damage than shear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I don't recall grouping when DK's came out was a issue..

I do love all the smartass reply's tho.
    I remember not liking to heal groups with DKs tanking. Compared to the other tanks, they took a lot of damage. DPS DKs weren't really a problem, they were actually OP so I would have much rather they DPS than tanked in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Good dks were strong. Bad ones were death grip taunt spamming mongoloids
    Except for the DPS who thought they had to death grip everything and didn't understand that it is a taunt. I just let those guys die.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2016-08-14 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idiots also want you to have your ring to do Kazzak. Start your own group with blackjack and hookers.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

There's a lot of terrible demon hunters right now.
    I'm seeing DH's use eye beam and blade dance on single target fights.

Once people commit to DH or go back to their mains, it'll get better. It'll take a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I never said I was tanking a raid. :-)

Also it's a 150% physical damage on a 3s CD that hits 3 targets.

That said, you're right. I've been juggling it in a little too much since it's less damage than shear.
    It's basically heroic throw meets chain lightning.
    And especially since it doesn't generate pain, it's low priority assuming you already have threat.