Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Would also be great to see some of the other generations come in, especially ones which counter the current meta. In particular, would love to see Magnezone and Gardevoir, I think a tanky electric type and a strong Fairy type would go quite well.
    They plan on it, but I imagine they didn't want to overwhelm.

I'm wondering how they will handle it. More pokemon means finding the one you want will be more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post

I'm wondering how they will handle it. More pokemon means finding the one you want will be more difficult.
    Maybe they could rotate them seasonally, or you can pick your favorite generation and it will bias your spawns in that direction? I'm sure there are tons of ways to do it.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    which could be because they dont get good attack values, either by design or by some bug.

but look at this for example, I was hunting their nests today, this is what I got...

what are the odds of getting 18 bulbasaurs and not once rolling over 3 attack? ...
    I wish I could do the same for squirtles and charmanders, but we dont have their nests here
    What are you using to calculate IVs? I know there are lots of calculators out there but I want something like pokeadvisor.. is what you are using like that?

I know there are lots of calculators out there but I find them less accurate then pokeadvisor was AND i dont want to input each and everyone of my 250 pokemon I want them all calculated at once.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Maybe they could rotate them seasonally, or you can pick your favorite generation and it will bias your spawns in that direction? I'm sure there are tons of ways to do it.
    There are... but what's best? Seasons is an interesting take...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, then they put all the best ones out in the summer...

Increasing spawns by a decent percent (50-70%) each new generation, plus a toggle to bias which generation you want the most of. Togglign a different generation would basically mean you mostly get (80% of the spawns or so) those+any earlier generation pokemon that evolve into the generation you choose, then the 20% rest would just be any that aren't included in that earlier list.

I don't know if anyone else thinks the same way but I thought the whole game got kinda naff after they released 152+ onwards. I don't think releasing new pokemon is going to have much of an effect on the games popularity except to the people who love pokemon already, which I would guess is less than half the people playing Pokemon GO...

Certainly I'm not very interested in "catching 'em all" when it comes to Sudowoodo or Hoothoots...

I would much rather they worked on the breeding/incubation side of it, I don't know if what I had read was fan-made or from Niantic but I heard something about being able to put couples of pokemon in a "boudoir" style incubator then after walking a set distance they will provide you with an egg of their species, which you then have to hatch to get extra candies.

I have a perfect Charmander but there are no charmander nests near me so I'm basically relying on hatching 2k eggs to get the 125 candy I need. A way to engineer what eggs I'm geting would be gratefully received.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-08-14 at 10:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I love getting new pokemon. Sure, I like powerful ones for gyms, but gym battles are in such a crappy state, I much prefer catching new ones. And evolving.

I live in a city abundant with Psychic and Water Pokemon. It's Drowzees, Vaporeons, Psyducks and Tentacruels on every goddamn block.

The one place I could get to with a Bulbasaur and Scyther nest was kind of a bust last night.

I am feeling there needs to be more diversity of 'Mons. NY should not be up to it's eyeballs in Fire 'Mons, Chicago full of Water/Drowzees, etc. There were like 2 legit Scyther nests in this city and the last update removed one.

I'm dying here Niantic. Gym battling could use an overhaul- this is the whole entire reason I am catching Pokemon.

Deleted

I'm curious how they'll handle Gen. 1 & Gen. 2 eggs, I hope they'll add a new section/page for the new generation eggs or add an option to discard or transfer them to the professor. Making them visually distinct would help as well.

I mean, if you'd add two generations to the game we'd have ~400(?) pokemon to potentially hatch, without some kind of filter that's going to be useless.

Also, where's everyone at pokedex wise? Sitting at 85 here, with some slow evolves and potential captures I might get up to ~100, but after that i'm stuck with eggs for progress.

110 I think. Still a few to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

What does everyone think of the tracking system?

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Not complete. But if they really go with what they were saying, tracking via Pokestops, will be useless to a lot of people =/
    I like that it only shows Pokemon that are nearby, so the screen isn't filled with 9 Pokemon at once. That's a step in the right direction, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    I like that it only shows Pokemon that are nearby, so the screen isn't filled with 9 Pokemon at once. That's a step in the right direction, at least.
    they have more steps to go, the only indicator if youre getting closer or not is if it disappears from the radar completely, since apparently the pokemon arent sorted from closest to furthest anymore, AGAIN... honestly, when they disabled steps, it was working better that it is now. The sightings with pokestops will be great in cities with lots of stops, but bordering on useless everywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    Also, where's everyone at pokedex wise? Sitting at 85 here, with some slow evolves and potential captures I might get up to ~100, but after that i'm stuck with eggs for progress.
    105. Some eggs, but I got lucky with a few rare spawns too. Missing Venosaur, Charizard, both Wartortle and Blastoise. In fact, I've only caught a single Squirtle. It's sad.

Missing Vileplume, but I'm over halfway on candies, I think. Oddish isn't very common for me. Missing Golduck, but due to eggs, I can evolve one. Waiting for a lucky egg. Missing Polywhirl and Polywrath, though I can evolve a Polywhirl now. About 7 candies away from an Alakazam. No Machamp.

After this point, I only have about a little over half the pokedex full. I do have Chansey, Snorlax, and Dragonite (but no previous evolutions). I've caught 6 Dragonite even.

It's slow going now, but I still find new stuff. Caught my first voltorb a couple days ago. First one I've ever seen in my area.

10+ Year Old Account
    They legit need a battle system soon.... kinda bored.

Just got a chansey from an egg. Unfortunately it is is like, iv77
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Chansey and Onix are the worst. Literally the worst; F tier.

Nothing is more heartbreaking than getting a F tier 'Mon from a 10K egg after walking your arse off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Chansey and Onix are the worst. Literally the worst; F tier.

Nothing is more heartbreaking than getting a F tier 'Mon from a 10K egg after walking your arse off.
    Chansey I can see but its charge attack needs to heal it or something, so it's annoyingly difficult to take down. Chansey will always have high HP despite low CP, so it should be a good gym guardian that's just super annoying to take out.

Onyx, wtf why is it so trash tier?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Chansey I can see but its charge attack needs to heal it or something, so it's annoyingly difficult to take down. Chansey will always have high HP despite low CP, so it should be a good gym guardian that's just super annoying to take out.
    It only hurts your own team. If they're trying to power up the gym, since XP gained is based on CP difference, it means they won't be able to do as much.