Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Well.

Pandaria had three different raids with different ilvls in it and they where considdered the same tier

MSV, HoF and ToeS.

At least it was on my server
    Again, all 3 raids were released at the same time weren't they? These are staggered... And they all had relatively the same ilvl drops... these are one entire tier apart (roughly 30? ilvls)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spriestlawl View Post
    Again, all 3 raids were released at the same time weren't they? These are staggered... And they all had relatively the same ilvl drops... these are one entire tier apart (roughly 30? ilvls)
    I dont see why 30 ilvls as opposed to 10 ilvls makes the difference between same tier or different tier. Byt yes they where as far as i remember released at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, MsV came out first, followed by HoF and TotES around a month later.

Through T19M (that's the 2nd raid tier) it has the top dmg and a lead of about ~1.x% over Sub and ~4% over Outlaw. People keep clamoring about scaling but it's doing just fine right now through TWO entire MYTHIC raid tiers.

I believe the newish APL for simc is available (it's still in a beta build so you'll have to use that but rogue is basically fully functional). As such you can easily see those.

- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah, you can see them

https://simc.skasch.com/

And I see T19M Outlaw being ahead of Assassination

Even then those are default characters for simming

They have full artifact, something you won't have, as well as exact identical gear with no stat priorization whatsoever, as well as no relics on the artifact weapon. (huge)

For example, with the relics, Assassination will get 10% more rupture damage on their 43% total damage done by Rupture

Outlaw will get 24% more Run Through damage on their 40% total damage done by Run Through

Another clear advantage for Outlaw that you can't see if you just look at those basic sims

Not to mention that simming with AMR it's showing that DFA+Ghost Strike, SnD+Ghost Strike, SnD+Swordmaster, DFA+Swordmaster all sim higher than MFD+Swordmaster which is the basic setup for the simc results

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    Yeah, you can see them

They have full artifact, something you won't have, as well as exact identical gear with no stat priorization whatsoever, as well as no relics on the artifact weapon. (huge)

For example, with the relics, Assassination will get 10% more rupture damage on their 43% total damage done by Rupture

Outlaw will get 24% more Run Through damage on their 40% total damage done by Run Through

Another clear advantage for Outlaw that you can't see if you just look at those basic sims

Not to mention that simming with AMR it's showing that DFA+Ghost Strike, SnD+Ghost Strike, SnD+Swordmaster, DFA+Swordmaster all sim higher than MFD+Swordmaster which is the basic setup for the simc results

Honestly though in my experience these sims always seem to be far from what we see people actually doing. Like the actual log uploads are usually vastly different

I humbly ask everyone to stay on topic in this thread, comparing specs/sims, etc and not change it to something else.

Thanks for the sims and as the poster above me wrote, logs and real life situations come up differently sometimes.

Keep the good work up guys, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    Yeah, you can see them

You can write an APL in simc to do the testing for GS if you'd like. I can show you if you need a bit of help, but there's ton of others people willing to as well. GS is a slight upgrade sims wise but in application it feels like it's falling short. SnD will sim much better if people are neglecting RtB monitoring.. but you can do a fish APL that checks how it works out against say GS and the like.

Edit: it's important to note.. when I said outlaw was behind it was because Run Through buffs didn't actually hit live yet, we were still working on the 1.2 AP coefficient not the 1.5.

@Nupomaniac - I like to compare logs and sims because sometimes the game has bugs that the simulators aren't modeling. Or things happen like the Run Through and BtE buffs that didn't actually go live in game for a few days.

On the other hand, sometimes the simulators have bugs that the game doesn't have. So it's always good to use logs *and* sims to draw conclusions.

Also like Spriestlawl pointed out - if people on live aren't keeping up with RtB rerolling, that skews data as well.

For those of you playing with sims, here's a crash-course video and also a 5-minute video on editing rotations/apls.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @Nupomaniac - I like to compare logs and sims because sometimes the game has bugs that the simulators aren't modeling. Or things happen like the Run Through and BtE buffs that didn't actually go live in game for a few days.

On the other hand, sometimes the simulators have bugs that the game doesn't have. So it's always good to use logs *and* sims to draw conclusions.

Also like Spriestlawl pointed out - if people on live aren't keeping up with RtB rerolling, that skews data as well.

For those of you playing with sims, here's a crash-course video and also a 5-minute video on editing rotations/apls.
    One thing I didn't mention that I would love to see.. The ability to import (or export) AMR APL to simc (vice versa). This would help a lot with comparing things.. Especially because I haven't spent the proper time to learn the amr sim syntax lol

@Spriestlawl it takes 5 minutes, really! This video explains it all (it's super super easy to pick up). The sims model some things differently, which makes exporting/importing difficult (though not impossible). We might be able to get to that some day

We have a few rogue theorycrafters who play with the APLs right now, you can also ask questions in our discord. https://discord.gg/0ogCIsRqIGTdJfHZ
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @Spriestlawl it takes 5 minutes, really! This video explains it all (it's super super easy to pick up). The sims model some things differently, which makes exporting/importing difficult (though not impossible). We might be able to get to that some day

We have a few rogue theorycrafters who play with the APLs right now, you can also ask questions in our discord. https://discord.gg/0ogCIsRqIGTdJfHZ
    lol 100% it's me being lazy and familiar with the other method at this point.. I figure I'll dig in a couple days before launch and tweak a few things. I do like the saving to account and online visibility