Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Warlocks feed on souls. Varian tasted like chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Warlocks feed on souls. Varian tasted like chicken.
    I want Warlocks to get the spell Gul'dan used on Varian next expansion as the spoils of war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Varian blown apart no more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Varian is humpty dumpty now.

Unfortunately it will take more than all the kings horses and all the kings men to put poor Varian back together again.

In all seriousness what's left of him to bring back?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    You can't bring back disenchanted items... or people, for that matter.
    Item restoration, fool

Deleted
    She could, but it is very unlikely due to his body being gone.

To linger around a soul usually needs an anchor (a body or something else that keeps it around, like an unfulfilled mission).
    Varian has preety much made his peace with his death the moment he realized someone needed to deal with the felreaver.
    His blade running out of juice only further indicates this theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Item restoration, fool
    You can kindly ask Gul'dan to use that service, then.

P.S. Don't do it. I have to warn you, you seem to take my words too literally. It could land you in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted
    Really hard to say at this point. His body was practically disenchanted so bringing him back the conventional way is out of question. Also we're not sure where Varian's soul went after that:

- It could be in Shadowlands.
    - It could be roaming as a wayward spirit on Broken Shores.
    - It maybe be in Gul'dan's possesion in form of a soul shard saved for later use.
    - It could've been sent to Stormheim since he was an exceptional warrior.
    - It could've been entirely annihilated due to nature of his death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    You can kindly ask Gul'dan to use that service, then.

P.S. Don't do it. I have to warn you, you seem to take my words too literally. It could land you in trouble.
    I was talking about disenchanted items. Varian is screwed.

It's possible Goldrinn could play a part in his resurrection, but even as a massive lore fan, and a massive fanboy of Varian, it's quite obvious he isn't coming back, i don't think the blizzard "writers" have the ability to drive single character stories anymore, seems like every time something happens to a major character in an expansion, it's instantly dropped the next xpac and forgotten about, Jaina dissapeared after warcrimes/Broken shore, Garrosh was killed in a quest cinematic, Velens Prophecy on Anduin is now for Illidan, but for all we know, blizzard might fuck with the lore again and retcon it that Varian was actually part demon and we have to rescue him from the twisting nether, who knows, but either way i wouldn't put much stock in it.

7+ Year Old Account
    As a warlock, Gul'dan could capture/shatter Varian's soul.
    I'm agreed with you. Gul'dan could not only destroy his physical body but also soul. Or he could really capture his soul and we can hope for more Varian stuff in Legion.

Varian is with his wife now ...he has finally found peace.
    Actually no. DH can see weeping Tifin's spirit in SW and Goldrinn near her. Maybe its hint?

I remembered 1st generation death knights. Its warlock's souls in dead human's bodies. Gul'dan could make this trick again. Or Gul'dan could keep Varian's soul and will trade it for his life at the end of Nighthold raid.

Also Goldrinn can play big role there. As we know Wild Gods can truly die only in Emerald Dream. And Varian was champion of Wild God. Plus we have Emerald Nightmare raid. Too many matches.

PS I'm big Varian fan but even for me its oblivious what hes dead. Like and his father he died from women's "betrayal". I mean we all know what Garona was mind controlled when killed Lliam. Same with Sylvanas - she was forced by Vol'jin to make retreat (But im still believe what if Horde wasn't so weak at Broken Shore its all could be ended differently).

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    But im still believe what if Horde wasn't so weak at Broken Shore its all could be ended differently).
    So if the legion wasnt literally legion?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    PS I'm big Varian fan but even for me its oblivious what hes dead. Like and his father he died from women's "betrayal". I mean we all know what Garona was mind controlled when killed Lliam. Same with Sylvanas - she was forced by Vol'jin to make retreat (But im still believe what if Horde wasn't so weak at Broken Shore its all could be ended differently).
    Considering how we need Pillars of Creation to seal the portal, sure. And Gul'dan wouldn't just drop the Fel Reaver meteor on top of Varian's face without a gunship to outmaneuver it the moment things went awry for him and he lost his smug smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think Varian is coming back bodily, undead or otherwise. But one thing is kind of odd - both the Horde and Alliance cinematics dwell on parts of the two faction leaders left behind on the Broken Shore. For Varian it's one of his swords, it's spark fading as the cinematic closes, and for Vol'jin its his tusk broken as he fell. The fact that two items connected to these luminary figures remain on the Broken Shores seems suspicious to me, and I'm wondering what the Legion might do with them.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I think it'd be a huge cop out if they brought him back. Haven't we had enough of these already?

And I got the impression they killed him this way because it shows him getting utterly destroyed, body and soul. It plays on the fact he's a warlock (the most powerful?) and to show how serious the Legion is. They are the army of the biggest antagonist of WoW lore.

It also perfectly portrays the enemy and how insignificant the King and one of the greatest warriors of Azeroth is to a small part of the Legion invasion.

I hope we get more kinds of these things!
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2016-08-14 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think Varian is coming back bodily, undead or otherwise. But one thing is kind of odd - both the Horde and Alliance cinematics dwell on parts of the two faction leaders left behind on the Broken Shore. For Varian it's one of his swords, it's spark fading as the cinematic closes, and for Vol'jin its his tusk broken as he fell. The fact that two items connected to these luminary figures remain on the Broken Shores seems suspicious to me, and I'm wondering what the Legion might do with them.
    Didn't Vol"Jin mention his soul specifically when he was dying. Perhaps the souls are captured and those items are "anchors"? Who knows.

It's odd though if Varians Weapons ARENT important at some point considering how prominent the Artifact is and its not.... an Artifact...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    It's possible Goldrinn could play a part in his resurrection, but even as a massive lore fan, and a massive fanboy of Varian, it's quite obvious he isn't coming back, i don't think the blizzard "writers" have the ability to drive single character stories anymore, seems like every time something happens to a major character in an expansion, it's instantly dropped the next xpac and forgotten about, Jaina dissapeared after warcrimes/Broken shore, Garrosh was killed in a quest cinematic, Velens Prophecy on Anduin is now for Illidan, but for all we know, blizzard might fuck with the lore again and retcon it that Varian was actually part demon and we have to rescue him from the twisting nether, who knows, but either way i wouldn't put much stock in it.
    uhhhhhhh

Ancients have already returned from the Emerald Dream.

Varian has the Essence of an Ancient.

I don't know about Loas but well. The have some matter of influence the thought of a shadow Hunter you know. Doing shadow hunter things isn't unlikely

Then there is the matter of their souls. But what also matters is if said souls are held by Gul'Dan in you guessed it Soul Shards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post

Actually no. DH can see weeping Tifin's spirit in SW and Goldrinn near her. Maybe its hint?
    What? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Didn't Vol"Jin mention his soul specifically when he was dying. Perhaps the souls are captured and those items are "anchors"? Who knows.

It's odd though if Varians Weapons ARENT important at some point considering how prominent the Artifact is and its not.... an Artifact...
    They could always do another cop out too, like previously "split Varian", I'm certain this is not going to happen, but you never know blizzard lore department unfortunately... He could have split himself before broken shore and went in as "Lo'Gosh" only to fight, but this would be stupid beyond belief.

The worst part is the sword(s) the Shalamaynelanenalnelnenenn or whatever, why it was left on the shore and why it isn't an artifact weapon for warriors and why exactly it was shown in cinematic. But once again knowing blizzard it probably means nothing at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was shown in the cinematic to make sure you saw the light go out. Symbolism that was apparently lost on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    It was shown in the cinematic to make sure you saw the light go out. Symbolism that was apparently lost on you.
    Varian is going to become an Ancient before the End of Legion. Sometime AFTER Gul'Dans death when his Soul Shard is recovered.

Vol'Jin becomes a Loa

Calling it now.