Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Imposing additional costs "for independence" works against competitive advantages of economy.
    It is great if you have two suppliers or more, you can play them off against each other, to get the best price. It also protect against Russian blackmail, becuse there are alternative supplayers.

Alternative Russian gas is so competitive that it will be exported from the new LNG terminal, create income and work.
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-08-14 at 05:51 AM.

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE until after November.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Being an enemy of the United States has worked out for precisely no one.

Never forget what you are. We are the superpower. You are the regional partner. We are your patron. You are the recipient. We have mutually benefited.

Iran turning against us has devastated that country for 35 years.

Russia alienating us has reigned havoc on it's economy and international standing in just a few years.

China being provacative has made it more isolated than its been in decades, because at the end of the day, we're the stronger East-Asian nation.

So think carefully about picking up the US as an enemy. Think very carefully. Think about the last time anyone has truly managed to stop us. Think about the last time, even when we got a black eye onver it, we didn't emerge on top. It doesn't work. We are powerful enough to do whatever we want, wherever we want and resourced enough to find ways to win that our competitors can't..

Being an enemy of the United States is the single stupidest thing any country can do. The United States has a friendly, generous, cooperative face. But never forget, it also has a nightmarishly vicious side that looks at how Europeans talk about "proportionality" and think it as quaint as an English garden. Europeans have proportionality. We have the Powell Doctrine.

Figure out how to be our friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Man you leave NATO people are delusional in the extreme. I hope many of you are continental Europeans.

I think it's going to be so hilariously deserved... all of you will deserve it... when the US redistributes it's B60 nuclear bombs in Turkey to your countries, and you don't even know about it until some newspaper blows the lid on it five years later.

I bet you all didn't even think of that. You didn't think about the cascading effects. You just want to make yourselves feel better, kicking out the Muslim country with a crazy leader that's been a pain in the ass on refugees. You don't give a shred of thought as to why Turkey does matter and how things will change if it left, for your countries, as that gap is filled.
    Mate, you are the exact reason why Europeans dislike Americans... You are arrogant and so full of yourself. You act like your still in kindergarden with the "MY DAD CAN BEAT YOUR DAD"

Quote Originally Posted by Svad View Post
    Mate, you are the exact reason why Europeans dislike Americans... You are arrogant and so full of yourself. You act like your still in kindergarden with the "MY DAD CAN BEAT YOUR DAD"
    The thing about Skroe though is that he has a distinctly colonial era European attitude when it comes to matters of war and world domination, with the nonstop stream of unapologetic might makes right, we command you obey, kill all the savages type rhetoric. American leaders tend to be a lot more circuitous when talking about international affairs, everything has to be couched in sweet talk about freedom and democracy, and any talk of nakedly self interested action is practically anathema.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this rate, Turkey is going to usurp Russias place as that one country no one trusts or likes without Russia even having to do anything to change their image..

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Being an enemy of the United States has worked out for precisely no one.

Iran turning against us has devastated that country for 35 years.
    Yeah they're so devastated about that 400 million in Swiss notes that will most likely be spent on fighting the USA in Syria.

Deleted
    kkbye and never come back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The thing about Skroe though is that he has a distinctly colonial era European attitude when it comes to matters of war and world domination, with the nonstop stream of unapologetic might makes right, we command you obey, kill all the savages type rhetoric. American leaders tend to be a lot more circuitous when talking about international affairs, everything has to be couched in sweet talk about freedom and democracy, and any talk of nakedly self interested action is practically anathema.
    I honestly don't understand this attitude.

Nothing Skroe said in that post was false. The US is the superpower, and that's nothing we Europeans should be upset about. We should be happy about that! The US spends tens of billions of dollars to protect Europe and our Western way of life - the US is on the same side as Europe. Perhaps when Europe starts to spend more on protecting our own borders and helping our allies in the same way the US does, then maybe the arrogant attitude of Americans are unwarranted. But as it is right now we really don't have anything to complain about.

Hell, the complaint that the US acts in its own self-interest... that makes no sense. Of course it does, and it absolutely should. You don't see France acting in the interests of Germany, or Japan acting in the interests of South Korea. And whether the US says that they act in the name of freedom and democracy, who the hell honestly cares? Tell me the last time any country says they're acting in their own self-interest in international diplomatic talks... You won't find any. Because the moment you start being totally honest in international diplomacy, that's when you lose the diplomatic game.

Something is going on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post

Something is going on.
    An insider posting on 4chan? Then you know it must be true!

I like how the poster greentexts as well...

Something is going on.
    A mix of something that is already happening (Is losing, Saudi Arabia in dire economic problems) - some vague predictions ("hinting a Trump victory", huge leaks by RT and Snowden, USA start to lose control in ME), and some major changes.

As for the major changes: the idea that Turkey-Iraq-Iran-Egypt will all be allies is unlikely. Putin-Erdogan-Jinping might say that they form an alliance, Troika or Triumvirate, they usually don't last long - especially when it is clear that Erdogan is the junior partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    A mix of something that is already happening (Is losing, Saudi Arabia in dire economic problems) - some vague predictions ("hinting a Trump victory", huge leaks by RT and Snowden, USA start to lose control in ME), and some major changes.

As for the major changes: the idea that Turkey-Iraq-Iran-Egypt will all be allies is unlikely. Putin-Erdogan-Jinping might say that they form an alliance, Troika or Triumvirate, they usually don't last long - especially when it is clear that Erdogan is the junior partner.
    You can sort of understand this re-orientation from Turkey's perspective though. They've spent decades trying to adopt a Western outlook and restructuring their whole society only to be told by the West to kindly go fuck themselves and go sit in a corner until we need them. So you can't exactly expect them to keep on that trajectory, or at least not to try and build up some more leverage. Unfortunately for them, it's not like either or Russia or China is prepared to treat them any better.
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2016-08-14 at 07:39 AM.

Something is going on.
    Lol so much nonsense, is it chemtrails that are helping the pro russians controlling erdogan?

If you think that is the case then you aren't listening to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Hell, the complaint that the US acts in its own self-interest... that makes no sense. Of course it does, and it absolutely should.
    No, the complaint is that you cannot trust their word because they will sell you out in a heartbeat if it suits them.
    The implication that they have no foresight is what upsets people, because given the US history they fear it might be the truth.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2016-08-14 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    No, the complaint is that you cannot trust their word because they will sell you out in a heartbeat if it suits them.
    Again, there's no country with influence in the world that doesn't 'sell out' anyone that doesn't align with their interests.

And why shouldn't they? It's perfectly logical as opposed to the alternative - just letting anyone do whatever they want no matter how much it screws the US over. Mind you, those countries include the likes of Russia and Saudi Arabia. Hell, they're already doing whatever they want without the US, and see how well that has turned out for the Ukrainians, and the Saudi people.

As for us Europeans, the US is very tolerant. Remember how most of Europe decided not to participate in the Iraq war? That wasn't in the US's interests. Yet us Europeans weren't punished, or sold out, or whatever. Quite the opposite, US-EU relations these days is one of the most tight relations in the world. If you say you dislike Americans in Europe - then many will share that sentiment. But any European who says they're afraid of the US because they'll sell us out will be seen as a nutjob. Because that makes no sense. Hell will freeze over and pigs will fly the day the US sells out Europe, because we're vital to American interests, and as such it would require incredibly much (like Hitler raising from his grave and taking over Europe again) before the US 'sells us out'.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The implication that they have no foresight is what upsets people
    That's valid criticism that I can agree with.
    Last edited by mmoc96b28150b7; 2016-08-14 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    That's valid criticism that I can agree with.
    And it is just another way to express why I said in the other sentence, note that I use "in a heartbeat", it means that they cannot be trusted because of lack of foresight. Because with states you do not trust in their word because they are good, moral people (obviously they are not, they are states), but because you think their decision making process is at least somewhat rational and employs a minimum of foresight.

You can sort of understand this re-orientation from Turkey's perspective though.
    Yes, I can understand that this is Erdogan's wet dream.

I used to think that too...but everything changed when the Fire...Retar....Trump nation attacked. Now he is the voice of reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    > ISIS gone by the end of september.

Okay..
    That is one of the saner predictions, since Isis is losing hard at the moment.
    It may take a bit longer, and there might still be a minor Is-group remaining, or it might be another group like (al-Nusra? Boko Haram) similarly as Is stepping up after al-Qaida.

Many others are much more unlikely (to put it mildly) - like Egypt - who kept cheering the "coup" in Turkey after it had failed - allied with Turkey.

Deleted
    Just watch me. When im President, everything will improve. Trust me.