Poll: How should the old world be updated

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    They should do something about the havoc caused by deathwing at least. It doesn't make sense that stuff is still burning.
    It's pretty funny how the Barrens right now have Deathwing's lava, Garrosh's goons running around and turning the elements inside out, and the Burning Legion sprinking fel fire on top. What's next, the return of Barrens' chat?

About the zone update... not happening. As much as I'd love seeing the cata destruction scarred over, it would take way more than a fresh coat of paint and a few more drops of water in Loch Modan. Zone geography is tied to the quests (as they're mostly Deathwing-related), and they're not making dozens of new quests for updated zones because it's a giant resource drain for no gain at all.

And they can't let you play in the "old" zones because they were never intended for flying, so it's all smoke and mirrors and props and invisible walls, and removing them was a big part of the Cataclysm revamp (and one of the big reasons why we're unlikely to ever get flying in Quel'Thalas).
    Last edited by mmocd2effbd770; 2016-08-13 at 10:52 PM.

Would like to see TBC and Wrath redone for sure. They are abysmal compared even to 1-60, but especially to Legion leveling they are the odd man out. Game really has come a LONG way.

On the other topic about going back to the original 1-60, it would be cool if they were able to recapture those quests and areas in a separate experience entirely.
    Most certainly can NOT go back to that in the regular game and timeline though. Would make no sense.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people want the game to devolve back to pre-Cata status? As someone who was there and is able to filter out the rose-colored nostalgia, I can attest the poor quality of the old zone. Quest lines that would end abruptly on a cliffhanger, NPCs that were either hard to get to or hidden in areas no one quested, high level mobs mixed in with low level mobs, quests that would send you to the polar opposite corner of the zone repeatedly, MASSIVE lowbie zones with no means to quickly get around in a time when mounts were exclusive to those in the late game...

I'm glad I went through those older zones and I'm glad I have those memories, but not because of nostalgia's sake. They remind me of how far the game has advanced since then and how much better the zones are now.

If we're talking purely an aesthetic thing, then throw a Bronze Dragon in the zone to phase it, but otherwise, leave the past in the past.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I want a blanket update back to pre-cata azeroth Does that count?
    Pretty much this.

I don't like how Blizzard does updates but doesn't give you any option to go back and see old Azeroth, for instance. :/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    With their recent talk about how leveling should be, they really should try to smooth out some things. Yes, TBC, I'm looking at you and your plate with Agility.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I wouldn't mind seeing the zones all "normalized" (whether by level or by iLvl), as apparently the four "leveling" zones in Legion are. It'd be nice to be able to complete a story line without having to completely outlevel a zone (and then only get a half-dozen quests into the next zone before you have to skip to the next).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Why do people want the game to devolve back to pre-Cata status? As someone who was there and is able to filter out the rose-colored nostalgia, I can attest the poor quality of the old zone. Quest lines that would end abruptly on a cliffhanger, NPCs that were either hard to get to or hidden in areas no one quested, high level mobs mixed in with low level mobs, quests that would send you to the polar opposite corner of the zone repeatedly, MASSIVE lowbie zones with no means to quickly get around in a time when mounts were exclusive to those in the late game...

I'm glad I went through those older zones and I'm glad I have those memories, but not because of nostalgia's sake. They remind me of how far the game has advanced since then and how much better the zones are now.

If we're talking purely an aesthetic thing, then throw a Bronze Dragon in the zone to phase it, but otherwise, leave the past in the past.
    Very much this. I played Vanilla and the questing was abysmal, it was alright for the time, but very much an old system for an old game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Cata update deleted a lot of zones. It's truly sad. In fact what is sad is that they "forgot" to add the option to visit the pre shattering zone, just like Zidormi does for the pre wod Blasted Lands.

Under those conditions, a cata world update is the last thing the game needs. Truly the last thing it needs, because it is harmful. No one that has respect for the game wants to see full zones being removed.

Why do you think so much people "miss" vanilla ?

They removed Azeroth and lost millions of subscribers after that, what did they expect
    Except....no? They changed old Azeroth in Cataclysm. In WotLK people were not going back to the old world outside of doing things they do now, such as mount farming. If you want to Blizzard hate, at least do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Yeah its called vanilla servers people have been begging for them for years
    Nah I don't want vanilla back lol, just old azeroth.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I'd love to see all the old raids have time-walking modes. I know the original difficulty will never be obtainable with all the changes in skills and talents, but it would still be fun to grab some people and run some of those old encounters and still have to worry about mechanics.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you wanna know why people say we need an update, just go do Silverpine.

The current Warchief of the Horde is complaining about a Former Warchief of the Horde who we killed last expansion and deposed two expansions ago. It gets weirder if you go there after slaying the Scourge Commander of Ghostlands and delivering a letter to Thrall (The original Former Warchief of the Horde) about how the Blood Elves have found Orcs in the Outland.

And none of those poll options, well aside for the first one which nobody should ever want again, will fix it. Just take some of those zones that are super out of continuity with the game and clean their questlines up to at least be passably near present day.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    I don't want MASSIVE changes overall, but I would like to see some of the damage from Cataclysm to be somewhat receovered in many zones.
    Exactly, Darkshore is not a fun zone to play through anymore, it's a nightmare to navigate. It's time some of these zones were repaired/healed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Cata update deleted a lot of zones. It's truly sad. In fact what is sad is that they "forgot" to add the option to visit the pre shattering zone, just like Zidormi does for the pre wod Blasted Lands.

Under those conditions, a cata world update is the last thing the game needs. Truly the last thing it needs, because it is harmful. No one that has respect for the game wants to see full zones being removed.

Why do you think so much people "miss" vanilla ?

They removed Azeroth and lost millions of subscribers after that, what did they expect
    They didn't delete a single zone.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Imo just focus on new content, there would have to be major changes in leveling for them to make old content worth doing and to think how much resources it would take to do it i would rather have them make new end game zones/raids/5 mans etc but to each its own.

Quote Originally Posted by leayouho View Post
    Blizzard should pull a WoD-like time travel thing and revert everything back to like it was before Cata but with updated textures. 1k needles is restored to its former glory, the Twilight Hammer clan are nowhere to be seen and the Barrens is now the Barrens.
    This would be cool but obv Blizzard couldn't pull it off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Very much this. I played Vanilla and the questing was abysmal, it was alright for the time, but very much an old system for an old game.

- - - Updated - - -

Except....no? They changed old Azeroth in Cataclysm. In WotLK people were not going back to the old world outside of doing things they do now, such as mount farming. If you want to Blizzard hate, at least do it right.
    What ? I don't want to Blizzard hate, why would I ? Re read my post if you didn't get something : P Also source on people were not going back to the old world. This is plain wrong in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They didn't delete a single zone.
    The fact that they didn't changed the name doesn't mean that they did not deleted the essence and the looks of some zones. Stonetalon mountain for instance is nothing like the old one, "model" wise
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-08-14 at 01:36 PM.

I seriously do not understand why people keep asking for this.

a) It killed the world we got used to.
    b) It removed shit tons of content (yes, new stuff got added, but a LOT got removed).
    c) it's a waste of resources.

I'd like the option to return to the old world.

Thousand Needles turned into shit, Stonetalon Mountain Horde questline is laughable... hell, even Tanaris sucks balls now.

So no, apart from 'very minor changes' on some areas, to display story progression and the likes (Like Lakeshire brige, or fixing the park on Stormwind), do not update anything else. PLEASE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    This would be cool but obv Blizzard couldn't pull it off
    They can but they don't want to use their time for it

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Would like to see TBC and Wrath redone for sure. They are abysmal compared even to 1-60, but especially to Legion leveling they are the odd man out. Game really has come a LONG way.

On the other topic about going back to the original 1-60, it would be cool if they were able to recapture those quests and areas in a separate experience entirely.
    Most certainly can NOT go back to that in the regular game and timeline though. Would make no sense.
    I seriously do not see anything wrong with them. Yes, some textures\models are noticeable outdated (Hellfire, fel orcs, etc), but it works. Hell, WotLK still has amazing looking models and textures, in particular the zones look gorgeous still.

Quest progression on the other hand, still works perfectly. I don't really understand people's issues with it, and why they are 'abysmal'.

Deleted
    A couple of things I'd like to see but I know won't happen.
    1) each major content patch have one untouched zone remade, example being hellfire pen, some of the quest designs there are absolute horrid and messy. Giving it a more fluid panda+ overhaul with more recent mechanics would be brilliant
    I know it won't happen as they would need a dedicated team solely for the purpose of updating, but outlands especially feels so dated quest wise.
    Another thing is
    2) zone change events, say for example going back to BC when shattered sun offensive came out, I loved how as a server you worked towards rebuilding the zone, and retaking it. Would love if zones had that, completing the main story in that zone would change it , so all your work paid off, and now that region is recovering. Again won't happen, and just my opinion

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    What ? I don't want to Blizzard hate, why would I ? Re read my post if you didn't get something : P Also source on people were not going back to the old world. This is plain wrong in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that they didn't changed the name doesn't mean that they did not deleted the essence and the looks of some zones. Stonetalon mountain for instance is nothing like the old one, "model" wise
    .... Pure rubbish mate. Get on with it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann