Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    It was shown in the cinematic to make sure you saw the light go out. Symbolism that was apparently lost on you.
    So the quest for the weapon could have been changing batteries or charging it up with a new usb type G(nome) cable? Where the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    So the quest for the weapon could have been changing batteries or charging it up with a new usb type G(nome) cable? Where the problem?
    SYMBOLISM. The light going out was to symbolize that Varien was well and truly dead. He explodes and the light of his sword fades.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    SYMBOLISM. The light going out was to symbolize that Varien was well and truly dead. He explodes and the light of his sword fades.
    Or his soul was ripped out by Gul'dan and body exploded.

That sounds very... Gul'dan like.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Or his soul was ripped out by Gul'dan and body exploded.

That sounds very... Gul'dan like.
    I'm not exactly sure how this invalidates the quoted post and why the "or" was needed? Regardless of what happened to Varian's soul, his death was represented (besides the obvious explosion) by the light of his sword extinguishing, fading into nothingness as his soul moves on to whatever its destination might be. Doesn't matter if it was into the light, the Emerald Dream with Goldrinn, or even the shadowlands or Gul'dan's last bag slot where he keeps all his filled soul shards stored. The point is, he died and the director/or writers decided to symbolize that through his weapon.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    This is bothering me. Could it happen? It would be an interesting turn of events.

I don't know how the process of turning into an undead works in WoW lore, so, this is purely speculation. dont judge me plz
    Did you not see him explode? There's no corpse to animate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    So you can only be brought back if your body is still intact?
    Standard fantasy necromancy 101.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Nevermind IF it could be done according to lore/powers.....

Can you possibly imagine the Earth shattering nerd-rage from the Alliance fan-bois if Varian joined the Forsaken?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Did you not see him explode? There's no corpse to animate.

- - - Updated - - -

Standard fantasy necromancy 101.
    No, thats called making a zombie or a mummy

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Nevermind IF it could be done according to lore/powers.....

Can you possibly imagine the Earth shattering nerd-rage from the Alliance fan-bois if Varian joined the Forsaken?

- - - Updated - - -

No, thats called making a zombie or a mummy
    Which is exactly what necromancy is. The dark magics of making undeads, as in zombies and raising skeletons. Basic '74 Dungeons and Dragons necromancy fantasy fluff right there bucko.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Which is exactly what necromancy is. The dark magics of making undeads, as in zombies and raising skeletons. Basic '74 Dungeons and Dragons necromancy fantasy fluff right there bucko.
    Not sure if you've noticed (likely not since you are even trying to make that point) but the characters in the game have grown slightly beyond the scope of basic Dungeons and Dragons necromancy.. and by slightly I mean massively... and by massively I mean the standard "rules" don't apply

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Not sure if you've noticed (likely not since you are even trying to make that point) but the characters in the game have grown slightly beyond the scope of basic Dungeons and Dragons necromancy.. and by slightly I mean massively... and by massively I mean the standard "rules" don't apply
    Heresy! Dungeons and Dragons rules apply to every fantasy settting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Varian will be back by the end of the expansion.

If WoW was a DND setting all Paladins players in the game would be Fallen Paladins.

FACT

In Warhammer, Nagash was obliterated with sword so deadly that it kills its wielder, his body was cut to pieces that were scattered all around the world or destroyed and he still came back.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2016-08-14 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Varian is going to become an Ancient before the End of Legion. Sometime AFTER Gul'Dans death when his Soul Shard is recovered.

Vol'Jin becomes a Loa

Calling it now.
    I like that

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Can anyone confirm if Varian is in the Warrior order hall?
    you need to also beleive in valajar (wows valhalla) to go there, why we only see vrykul because they beleive in it, and we see it first hand infront of us during the warrior artifact quest, so we beleive, and when we die, we go there because we beleive, and the other players are those (other people who come to beleive in it) thing... so no he is not
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

The real question is did we actually see him die? I mean all we saw was an explosion of fel energy and I could totally see blizz keeping him a secret end raid boss that was "turned" by said fel energy and not actually killed.

It is completely possible, technically.

Sylvanas is an example.
    She was murdered and raised as a spirit (=no body required).
    She killed herself by using saronite that could "destroy" her body and soul.
    She was brought back from that state by Valkyrs, from the "other side".

So it won't be "bending rules" at all if Varian comes back. However, the way he went... I kinda doubt he will. I think, like Arthas, his story is at an end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakainen View Post
    The real question is did we actually see him die? I mean all we saw was an explosion of fel energy and I could totally see blizz keeping him a secret end raid boss that was "turned" by said fel energy and not actually killed.
    we did see him die....
    please guys, rewatch the cinematic, the explosion was his own body...
    how can someone be so blind?

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    I think Gul'dan destroyed his soul. He's gone for good, erased from existence.

It's safe to assume the explosion was him, but we know nothing about his "soul being destroyed". It's purely speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I don't think she would, even wit the help of Lich King, bring back a cloud... I mean Varian
    They should bring him back as a cloud of ashes that just floats around the city saying melancoly things.