Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Maybe such enforcement would encourage posters to do that themselves before they hit the "submit" button. I dunno; all seems a bit pointless; but then so do most things at the moment /edge.
    Well no, because idiots often see differing opinions as offensive comments. Which in your words means people should have to bow to other peoples opinions for fear of getting in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Plenty do. ... .Should the police take such offense seriously?
    Yeah I'm not trying to say it would clear up any misunderstandings overnight. But it's pretty straightforward to monitor your own language. If there is any incentive to do so, at least. I'd think, considering the already existing cases against twitter and facebook posters, people in the UK would be learning what is deemed acceptable and what is going to get you in trouble.

I get that others feel every platform on the internet should be absoultely free from any moderation. I disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Well no, because idiots often see differing opinions as offensive comments. Which in your words means people should have to bow to other peoples opinions for fear of getting in trouble.
    Libel, Slander, Threats etc. are not opinions on Subjects.

And they need not be bowed to, they already break the law. This is merely actually reinforcing that law.

Sure. But if people can't work out how to write "I think you're wrong and this is why...." without throwing in words like "idiots" to describe the people with the opposing opinions, then I don't really care if they get in trouble *shrug*

(Even if they are, in fact, being idiots )
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-08-14 at 11:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    You assume a lot.

Whether or not that picture is of UKIP, is completely besides the point. Yes it's the claim I made, but I wanted to see whether the actual extremism in it would be addressed or whether people would take the predictable easy route of claiming it isn't UKIP instead of understanding what the actual issue is. Does it matter it's UKIP? No. My claim is that such extremism shows itself in right wing protests just as much as the example you gave, and as other posters pointed out, people get arrested for hate speech at both...

While your claim was that 'muslim extremists' are completely ignored and allowed to be racist. What a joke by the way with all the watchlists and 'SWAT' team police operations that are going on against them lately.
    You made a claim, then lied, now you are saying that you blatantly lying was not important.

That is just a weak attempt at bullshitting your way out after being shown up as a liar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Libel, Slander, Threats etc. are not opinions on Subjects.

And they need not be bowed to, they already break the law. This is merely actually reinforcing that law.
    Which goes back to my original Post "it depends on if they can differentiate between offensive comments and differing opinions." since you can make an opinion without "Libel, Slander, Threats etc." and some moron somewhere will still get offended.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I pretty much just succeeded in making you walk into the trap.

Why does it matter it's UKIP? The point of conversation was that 'right wing' protesters have extremism too, which they do, and they get arrested for it, just as much as those idiot muslims with the signs that started this discussion.

You going to turn this into some personal obsession now over whether what I said or didn't say was honest? That is quite frankly missing the point and not relevant to the the discussion at all. Fact is that the initial claims of 'muslims extremism is tolerated' and 'white people aren't extremists during protests' was denied. End of. You can go ahead wanking about lies or whatever, but nobody will care.
    There was no trap, you are just trying to backtrack because you were caught lying.

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

If you think life is somehow going to be improved by the government becoming more involved in trivial day-to-day bullshit, you're naive and wrong.

Volunteer yourself for re-education camp.

Which goes back to my original Post "it depends on if they can differentiate between offensive comments and differing opinions." since you can make an opinion without "Libel, Slander, Threats etc." and some moron somewhere will still get offended.
    Well, they should be able to, if they are in charge of it. Otherwise someone else should be doing the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Sure. But if people can't work out how to write "I think you're wrong and this is why...." without throwing in words like "idiots" to describe the people with the opposing opinions, then I don't really care if they get in trouble *shrug*

(Even if they are, in fact, being idiots )
    Will you feel the same way when feminists use language like that, call for people to kill themselves etc, who disagree with them?

And do you honestly think that someone should get a fine for calling someone an idiot on the internet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I don't like where this is going. As much as I don't like cunts, I don't think it should be the business of the police if someone is being a cunt, unless they are threatening people or trying to incite violence. I never liked the idea of hate speech as a criminal offense. I understand why they went down that road, but I don't like it, it isn't a crime to hate, so I don't think it should be a crime to say hateful things. Never the less, this is the road we are going, nothing can be done about it.

My biggest concern is what will be classed as hateful or insulting speech. Will it be applied consistently, or along ideological grounds? There are certainly some on the far left who like to tag dissenting opinion as being hateful, allowing them to dismiss it without taking on the points and arguing their case (I suspect out of cowardice as much as anything else), and to silence critics of their ideology and dogmas. Do they have the power at this point in time to make that happen? Probably not. Still, I'd rather not leave that door open.
    I think the whole idea of free speech as presently constituted is muddled, but I agree with the above largely. I don't agree that nothing can be done about it; the Snoopers charter in the UK has been kept at bay largely because of popular opposition to it. It is a threat though, especially when it proceeds at a gradual pace, sort of like boiling a frog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    There was no trap, you are just trying to backtrack because you were caught lying.

Deflect, deflect, deflect.
    Pretty much sums it up. Who was denying that there are extremist groups like the BNP anyway?
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You tried to make it all about 'that isn't UKIP!' while completely ignoring the main discussion point.

Wank, wank, wank.
    Had you given a valid equivalent, then nobody would have disagreed, but you chose to lie because your argument was bollocks.

You compared a relatively moderate right wing party to extremists, yet that is obviously a dishonest thing to do, then you promptly proved you were dishonest when caught lying.

You can try to deflect all you want, but it will not stop you being shown up as the disingenuous liar you are.

Why is that people go on the defensive when caught lying? Why not just fuck off out of the thread and hope people forget that you are a liar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Well, they should be able to, if they are in charge of it. Otherwise someone else should be doing the job.
    Yes, they "should" but we needn't be too naive to believe that they can.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I don't really care. Getting rid of trolls would make the internet better so why not. I guess that's my opinion on a lot of things, if the improvement is obvious, go for it.
    You sir got it wrong, its getting rid of trolls with opinions that don't match theirs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kanuty View Post

Good thing they gonna spend millions in this but this is allowed
    Gotta please our new overlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Not necessarily, the job of the police is to investigate potential crimes, they do not decide if the activity is illegal or not.

We often have situations where the police arrest someone, then that person is let go on the say so of the CPS, due to the police arresting someone for something that is not actually a crime - this seems to happen a lot in Scotland for some reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Gotta please our new overlords.
    As has already been pointed out in this thread, thats from a very old protest (2008 I believe), and there were plenty of people arrested for inciting hate speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    I think the whole idea of free speech as presently constituted is muddled, but I agree with the above largely. I don't agree that nothing can be done about it; the Snoopers charter in the UK has been kept at bay largely because of popular opposition to it. It is a threat though, especially when it proceeds at a gradual pace, sort of like boiling a frog.
    I am not so sure. The problem is, anyone who is opposed to restrictions on speech are characterised as assholes, who want to be assholes without consequence. People who are always insulting and offensive to people on purpose, and want to keep doing it. Utterly missing the point. Though I do not deny that these people exist. If you disagree with someone by calling them a "fag nigger jew", you are a cunt, and shouldn't be surprised when others are less then impressed. However it is hard to escape this narrative. I would be afraid to voice my concerns using my own name, or information that could identify me. Certainly some of those on the side opposite to my own wouldn't be interested in why I am concerned, and will just chalk it up to "bigot!".

If you can't make your point without shitting on people, I think you are a bit of a cunt, even if I agree with your point. However, in saying that, I could be liable for a visit from the cops. If someone is being a cunt, I think you should be able to call them one. Seems the police now disagree. Or if they don't, then how do they decide who is a valid victim? If you are to enforce this in a consistent manner, things will get messy very quickly, and venture into coddling territory.
    Last edited by tehealadin; 2016-08-14 at 11:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

No. You tried to make it all about 'that isn't UKIP!' while completely ignoring the main discussion point.

Wank, wank, wank.
    Cant you just admit you failed? DO you have to turn jaylock and tennisace at once at him?
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    I'm fairly certain that the severity of the claims, are still going to be duly processed.

Much akin to Germanys laws regarding not being allowed to Deny the Holocaust etc.

(You pretty much have to EXPLICITLY talk about it, or directly refer to it in terms of thinking it's a good idea, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    As has already been pointed out in this thread, thats from a very old protest (2008 I believe), and there were plenty of people arrested for inciting hate speech.
    There is still shit like that going on tho. Couple of months old videos.

Like it or not we WILL be dominated in the future its just the natural way its heading . I for one welcome our new supreme overlords and as a trusted newsman i can help round up others to work in their underground sugar caves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xhohosyu View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nt-trolls.html

SO the Metropolitan police is gonna spend millions of pounds to sieve through troll posts on Twitter and FB just so they can investigate offensive comments.

This truly is the death knell for free speech in the UK and a preview of things to come everywhere else!

But the worst part for me was the part where they are hiring army of volunteers trained to seek out anything they deem inappropriate on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.

Now dont get me wrong this isnt your common garden DM click bait cause even a Liberal Democrat is speaking out against this and not only him other civil liberties group are!

Sorry but we are no longer on a slippery slope we are truly on a fucking slide filled with oil!
    Good thing your tax money are beeing well spent.