10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else hates how warglaives look on Blood Elves when sheated?

I'd prefer clipping over the horrible way how the lower blades squish when sheated (specially on BE females). I really hope this is just a bug and will be changed as soon as possible >.< Until that happens I am forced to use normal 1h weapons for transmog.

Sorry if there is a post like this already.

i have no prob with it

they all sit very high up on the back which bugs me
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    they all sit very high up on the back which bugs me
    Same. I'd really prefer if they were lower on the back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Same. I'd really prefer if they were lower on the back.

prefer when theyre higher

The Photoshopped looks worse. Much, much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I didn't make it, found it on reddit, but I still think it looks better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alot of weapons sheath awkwardly on the back, Glaives hit a whole new level though..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    i feel the same

I think they look awful in every possible way. I mogged mine as soon as I got to Orgrimmar.

I don't like them sheathed that way, but dunno what would look better tbh...

I kept my weapons as glaives because...I love the glaive animations in combat and for abilities.

It seems like it was done to be more 'realistic' I guess?

If you mimic the sheathing/unsheathing animation, your hands likely won't be able to reach below shoulder level. So the handles on the warglaives would have to be around that same height to be accessible.

I wish they were each at more of a 45 degree angle, and made kind of an 'X' on the back of the character.

7+ Year Old Account
    they are bladed weapons, with small handles, and covered, they need to be higher up to be easily grabbed, lower would be super akward, right now, try to reach over your shoulders, down your back, and see how far you can reach? now imagine you are being charged by a demonic enemy, and the thing your reaching for is super sharp, and burning with fel energies... yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    I think they are little bit too big. . . .

Well if we are going reality...you wouldn't sheath them...ever

You might carry both in one hand maybe.

But the closest thing I've seen "live" is a Klingon Batt'leth and I don't believe I ever saw one sheathed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I genuinely wonder what is wrong with those of you who say it looks better that high up on their backs. Might as well just sheath them away on your head. It's a bit ridiculous and I really do hope they loser them just a bit more so it looks like the one on the right.
    The way they are seated now makes it look like it's the lower part of the glaives that are attached to the body while the Photoshoped one makes it look more like the middle of the Glaive is attached to the body
    It doesn't make sense that they would sheath on the middle of your back. People have seen Ninjas that do this with swords, but the reason its in the middle of the back is because the swords handle is above your shoulders for ease of access. If they moved them down, you would never reach them or cut your neck/back removing the sword from the sheath.

The Hilt of a Warglaive is in the middle of the weapon, unlike a sword. So it makes complete sense that the Hilt ,which you would need to grab to unsheath them, would be on your shoulders, giving the appearance that the warglaives sat higher on your back.

So In other words, the current position is realistic, and the animation would look goofy if you unsheathed large objects from the middle of your back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to be able to fold them and sheathe them on my hips. Maybe there will be a mog that does it, I hope there is.

Otherwise, I'll just have to deal with looking like an antlion with human legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    For both races of DH, I think the full size warglaives look a bit awkward on the back. Not sure how they could make it look better, but they're a bit too big and reach up a bit too high over my head. Looks a bit odd and unwieldy.

I'm not really sure how it could be improved though... maybe if they sat horizontal on the lower back around the hips it might be less odd looking.