Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    See, I think yours is the wrong attitude to have. It irritates me when people's idea of "playing for fun" is making things worse for people they play with. You don't get to play without min/maxing DPS if you want to play in a group, sorry, at that point you are purposely ruining things for other people. If you simply don't know what is optimal that is totally fine and I don't hold it against you in the slightest, I don't expect randoms I play with to know their perfect simcraft rotation and pre-pot and whatnot. But if you know for a fact something is worse DPS wise and you do it anyway cause it is more "fun" for you you're really just a mild jerk.

Keep in mind it is something that VERY MINORLY bothers me, I'm not raging about this or hugely upset, I just always end up with really long posts because I try to be as clear as possible, and I hate when what I say is misinterpreted. I just hate the attitudes some people have with MMOs. You want to know why the game is less social these days? Because everyone is playing selfishly and doing what is best for them despite how it affects others. I tried telling two or three people who used Dance ST that it was less DPS, very nicely and calmly. And every time I got some version of "fuck off, I play how I want, go back and theorycraft on your own nerd". What a terrible attitude to have... Now I'm sure most people on my side send these people tells like "hey idiot dance sux for ST why are you so bad" which doesn't help things either, but still.
    TL;DR it is a game. games are supposed to be fun. not everyone is a serious raider and gets upset if they do 2k dps less than they should in a raid. if you play for fun, then it is your right to play the game anyway you like to enjoy it.

Really no more discussion to be had more then that sentence. this isnt a debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most raid leaders do not ask their players to be 100% optimal in every aspect. They expect you to at least know the basics of your class before you enter a raid. It's common courtesy to at least have the basic knowledge down before you join somebody's pug just like it's common courtesy for me to kick you from the raid so you don't waste 25+ other people's time.

You all talk like using blade dance last atleast 1 minute and do 0 dmg. Hes still atacking boss, how one dh who use BD once every few seconds make any difference in kill when the fight last maybe 2 min on HC?? People doing much worse things in raid like afk at pull, alt tabing, whispering to someone else and noone even notice this things because at this point it does not matter. Suddenly DH using BD is such a problem. Just lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalos View Post
    You don't cast Blizzard on raid bosses, and you don't use Blade Dance.

It really hurts my eyes to see this happen so much. The First Blood talent isn't even available yet, so there really are no excuses.
    What kind of a jerk does one have to be to complain about how other people play? In particular on a 5 day old class, with brand new abilities, animations, etc?

Wow.

i use it on single target so i don't have to move away from cleaves and other charged melee attacks.i could just fel rush away, but i save that for the second abilities if they have it.

Speaking as non-DH raider;

On progression? Indeed, get your shit together and stop playing bad.

On old faceroll farm content? I don't give a damn. That thing is going to keel over anyway and it's not like there was something meaningful I (or anyone else) could have realistically used those few spared seconds for, really now. Might as well have some simple fun since that challenge-type of fun is already gone from there.

Besides, if you're doing pugs you should know exactly what you're in for. It's not gonna be like a guild run. Deal with it or don't pug. That said, the pug leader still has the right to pick and choose, regardless if they're being reasonable or ridiculous. Just like I have the right to dump them and take my contribution elsewhere if they opt for the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    TL;DR it is a game. games are supposed to be fun. not everyone is a serious raider and gets upset if they do 2k dps less than they should in a raid. if you play for fun, then it is your right to play the game anyway you like to enjoy it.

Really no more discussion to be had more then that sentence. this isnt a debate.
    It is almost like you go out of your way to not read my posts and specifically avoid addressing the argument I am actually making. If you are ok with a DH using Dance on ST because " if you play for fun, then it is your right to play the game anyway you like to enjoy it", then are you ok with someone in your 5man group just autoattacking the whole time while watching netflix? The idea behind those two isn't really different, you are knowingly playing worse because it is more "fun" for you, while wasting the time of others in your group making them pick up your slack. Again, if someone legitimately doesn't know Dance is worse, that is fine. But if they know it is worse and will result in a slower kill, but use it anyway because it is "cool looking" it isn't their right to play that way when other people are negatively affected, really no more discussion to be had. This isn't a debate.

It is almost like you go out of your way to not read my posts and specifically avoid addressing the argument I am actually making. If you are ok with a DH using Dance on ST because " if you play for fun, then it is your right to play the game anyway you like to enjoy it", then are you ok with someone in your 5man group just autoattacking the whole time while watching netflix? The idea behind those two isn't really different, you are knowingly playing worse because it is more "fun" for you, while wasting the time of others in your group making them pick up your slack. Again, if someone legitimately doesn't know Dance is worse, that is fine. But if they know it is worse and will result in a slower kill, but use it anyway because it is "cool looking" it isn't their right to play that way when other people are negatively affected, really no more discussion to be had. This isn't a debate.
    I'll bite.

If someone doing something so marginally sub-optimal as using blade dance is preventing you from killing the boss, or killing the boss quickly, I have news for you: it's not. You have a different problem.

Find it, fix it, move on.

That's not up for debate, and your comparison between using blade dance and afk/netflix is laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    i got all my vaccines because not being dead is pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    I'll bite.

If someone doing something so marginally sub-optimal as using blade dance is preventing you from killing the boss, or killing the boss quickly, I have news for you: it's not. You have a different problem.

Find it, fix it, move on.

That's not up for debate, and your comparison between using blade dance and afk/netflix is laughable.
    Not comparing the end result, just the attitude. Even if it only makes each ST fight take 2 seconds longer, you are still deciding that seeing a cool animation is more important than other people's time. And if 25 people in LFR all share this attitude, time lost can start to add up. Small amounts of time, sure, but same bad attitude. Netflix/afk is just the extreme version of "other people don't matter, gonna optimize my fun", which is the wrong mindset to have in MMO group content.

The whole "if that is really causing you problems you probably have worse issues going on" is also not that strong of an argument generally. You don't ignore issues because there are other bigger issues going on, you fix all the things you can, especially incredibly easy fixes like not using your AoE abilities on ST fights.

Deleted
    See Wocelps post for more information.

Deleted
    I guess some people are just unfortunate to have come across what seems to be a thread dominated by 95% bracket parsers through HFC.

So few people playing this game actually min/max, or actually get the most out of their performance. Sure, a lot try, but for most players because of how they do the content - someone who is playing sub-optimally DPS wise, but responds to mechanics correctly is the vastly superior player for your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    See Wocelps post for more information.
    See my response to Woceips post for rebuttal that you seem to also have avoided reading? Anyway, I've pretty much reached my limit of posting the exact same thing each time and getting replies that don't address what I've said at all. I have no confidence any intelligent discussion can really come out of this thread, since people on both sides of the issue are fanatical about their beliefs and seem to get very angry when they are challenged, unfortunately very common when it comes to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    I get the having fun, but whats experimenting about it. You read the tooltip and you know already you are losing damage doing that lol. Experiment over. If i see one of our DH use it once single target, they def sit the rest of the raid out.
    You play with it to get the feeling of the dynamics behind the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    You play with it to get the feeling of the dynamics behind the ability.
    Plently in the trash in between boss to do that.

Who cares? Content atm is a joke. I don't get why people are so serious about mythic dungeons for example, when it's a total pushover even with full DH groups. I make full DH groups on purpose just because it has yet to fail and there are too many "no DH plz" groups

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Create a Macro for Spectral Sight and Eye Beam that makes you yell: "I've got you in my sights!".
    We're all demon hunters now.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Depends on the objective, i also uses for fun when i'm playin LFR and Dungeons, or puggin with friends that are not caring that much.

But if you are going for the Win, you shouldn't use it. irs kinda boring pressing only two buttons and eye beam sometimes. so i just double-jump alot while doing this to make it more fun.

Using or not using, you don't have to be the TOP DPS as long as you aren't far behind. imo
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDK View Post
    Wow, this level of ego is something that I haven't seen for a long time on MMO-Champion forums.

You think you matter based on what? Your forum posts? Your biggest achievement that you got the highest number flashed over some pixels?

Grow up, please and stop wasting everybody's time here. You are free to leave this world if you think 90% is waste of oxygen. Nobody is stopping you. On the contrary, actually.
    pretty much this. people take this way to seriously. i think people forget that this is a game. i wanna see this level of ego adn epic asshatitude over monopoly with an expectation to be taken seriously. have some bloody perspective mate.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

As long as Blade Dance has a 100% increase to dodge for one second, I can and will use it as a defensive cooldown when i feel it is necessary, and no amount of threads will change that.

Are people really this dense?

Holy shit, i had to log in just to say this, but are ppl forgetting the 100% chance of avoidance while blade dancing? i lost count of how many times i avoided lethal damage by using blade dance at the right time. Learn to play the class before saying what you don't know.