Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    he is neutral. plus, who care about Outland anyway. its a fucking wasteland.
    At least that opinion is honest.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    Illidan was never evil, he just took some bad decisions.
    Then why did we fight legion enemies inside the black temple?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Um, no. Some of the most powerful among them already manifested (for a while), that's how Sargeras found them out.
    No. He found them out because he found a planet with a world soul that had been infected with Old Gods. On that planet were dreadlords who told him about the Void Lords and how the whole thing works.

That's when he split the planet in twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    No. He found them out because he found a planet with a world soul that had been infected with Old Gods. On that planet were dreadlords who told him about the Void Lords and how the whole thing works.

That's when he split the planet in twain.
    No, he found them out a lot earlier. When they manifested and attempted to use their power to corrupt the Pantheon and everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    As his battles dragged on, he became aware that some demons had learned to wield Void energies. Through investigating these dark powers and where they originated from, Sargeras discovered that malign intelligences were spreading corruption throughout the cosmos.

These intelligences were the void lords, and they were far more powerful than demons. The presence of the void lords left Sargeras deeply troubled. He pondered what the powers of the Void were planning, and what their existence could mean for the universe.

Despite his unsettling discovery, Sargeras continued waging his war on demons. <...>
    When he stumbled upon that world infested by the Old Gods, he found out the Void Lords' plans, and how they could use their power to corrupt the nascent titan(s). However, Sargeras found out about them way before that. He even decided that he'd eventually confront the Void Lords earlier after his war with the demons, but that goes "wooosh" out of his mind after he found out about the Void Titans (supposedly, since his mind was described to be 100% focus on "cleansing" the universe since then).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-08-14 at 04:34 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

No, he found them out a lot earlier. When they manifested and attempted to use their power to corrupt the Pantheon and everything else.

When he stumbled upon that world infested by the Old Gods, he found out the Void Lords' plans, and how they could use their power to corrupt the nascent titan(s). However, Sargeras found out about them way before that. He even decided that he'd eventually confront the Void Lords earlier after his war with the demons, but that goes "wooosh" out of his mind after he found out about the Void Titans (supposedly, since his mind was described to be 100% focus on "cleansing" the universe since then).
    I don't have the book near me. But can you quote the "Sargeras found out about them way before that" part, please? Trying to look it up online but so far, didn't come across anything like that. In fact, it mentions exactly the opposite, that the Titans knew about the Void itself, but had no idea about the Void Lords/Old Gods themselves, and only after Sargeras finds the planet already corrupted that the whole Void Lords thing comes into the light (no pun intended).

The only thing it mentions is that Sargeras did find Demons using Void magic, but he has no idea where it's coming from or how.
    Suddenly, one day, 99.7% of the Lich King's death knights broke free.
    Clearly, the lich king was keylogged

Quote Originally Posted by Cl4nK View Post
    I don't have the book near me. But can you quote the "Sargeras found out about them way before that" part, please? Trying to look it up online but so far, didn't come across anything like that. In fact, it mentions exactly the opposite, that the Titans knew about the Void itself, but had no idea about the Void Lords/Old Gods themselves, and only after Sargeras finds the planet already corrupted that the whole Void Lords thing comes into the light (no pun intended).

The only thing it mentions is that Sargeras did find Demons using Void magic, but he has no idea where it's coming from or how.
    It was mentioned inside the quote in my post that you quoted :P Let me re-quote it with an extra line in another paragraph then
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    As his battles dragged on, he became aware that some demons had learned to wield Void energies. Through investigating these dark powers and where they originated from, Sargeras discovered that malign intelligences were spreading corruption throughout the cosmos.

These intelligences were the void lords, and they were far more powerful than demons. The presence of the void lords left Sargeras deeply troubled. He pondered what the powers of the Void were planning, and what their existence could mean for the universe.

Despite his unsettling discovery, Sargeras continued waging his war on demons. <...> His love for life galvanized his will to confront the void lords and undo their sinister plans for creations - whatever those plans may be.
    So as you can see - Sargeras found that some demons learned to wield Void energy. After investigated about it, he discovered the Void Lords were spreading corruption throughout the universe. He found them and realized they were far more powerful than the demons, and wondered what their existence could mean. Yet, he continued his war, and only decided later that he will eventually confront the void lords and undo their unknown plans. The last line I added from another paragraph showed that Sargeras knew who the void lords were, and that they were carrying out some plans - just that he wasn't aware what those plans were. Sargeras didn't deem it necessary to stop the demon war or report it to the Pantheon, unlike when he found something he considered a real big threat - the Void Titan, which blew everything else out of Sargeras' mind. If they were as powerful as the Titans, Sargeras'd have reacted the same way when he found out about the Void Titans - came back and reported it to the Pantheon.

I wouldn't say that it must 100% be an indication that the Void Lords are weaker than the Titan (they are still a "?" in lore after all), but it could very likely be a sign.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-08-14 at 05:48 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

It was mentioned inside the quote in my post that you quoted :P Let me re-quote it with an extra line in another paragraph then

So as you can see - Sargeras found that some demons learned to wield Void energy. After investigated about it, he discovered the Void Lords were spreading corruption throughout the universe. He found them and realized they were far more powerful than the demons, and wondered what their existence could mean. Yet, he continued his war, and only decided later that he will eventually confront the void lords and undo their unknown plans. The last line I added from another paragraph showed that Sargeras knew who the void lords were, and that they were carrying out some plans - just that he wasn't aware what those plans were. Sargeras didn't deem it necessary to stop the demon war or report it to the Pantheon, unlike when he found something he considered a real big threat - the Void Titan, which blew everything else out of Sargeras' mind. If they were as powerful as the Titans, Sargeras'd have reacted the same way when he found out about the Void Titans - came back and reported it to the Pantheon.

I wouldn't say that it must 100% be an indication that the Void Lords are weaker than the Titan (they are still a "?" in lore after all), but it could very likely be a sign.
    Ah. I still think it's a stretch, and I'm 99% sure that they didn't know anything about the Void Lords themselves. I mean, how will Sargeras "confront" the void lords if they're unable to manifest physicaly. It's all about word play.

Thanks thou.
    Suddenly, one day, 99.7% of the Lich King's death knights broke free.
    Clearly, the lich king was keylogged

Deleted
    From what Gul'dan says about Illidan I take that they use Illidans body to fuel a portal or wahtever.
    Our job will be to wrestle the body from the Legion and get Illidans spirit back into his body.

Illidan never has worked against us, he fought for the Legion against the Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Then why did we fight legion enemies inside the black temple?
    the demons there were illidari not legion.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    So how exactly does he become good?
    I'm confused, your question makes no sense. Illidan was never evil, yet you ask how he became good? He was like that since he was born.

Illidan is anti hero, want to do good things and he did things which more later would help to defeat many threats in the future(forsaken free which with the alliance and the horde bring the end of arthas and the scourge, consume the gul dan skull and slay tichodrius the most stronger dreadlord in that time and the destruction of legion world) but doing this using awful methods and being a jerk dont help to be a good guy

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    he's trying to summon sargeras, a look at his abilitys mid/late fight reveals it.
    Still think its Kil'jaeden cause it'd be easy for Blizzard to redo the whole half body half stuck in a well again. Does State in the dungeon journal "As his health dwindles further, Gul'dan beseeches his Legion masters for additional power .. .". Gul'dan has only made contact with archimonde and Kil'jaeden (in my opinion) but until Gul'dan goes live anything can happen.

Deleted
    We'll learn that out later in the expansion, blizzard said that we will start to see Illidan later in the expansion (probably at the end of the Nighthold raid).